No announcement yet.

Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahah, you think your car colour is hard to maintain....wait till you get a black colour.

Comment

Originally posted by norm View Post
      hahah, You Think Your Car Colour Is Hard To Maintain....wait Till You Get A Black Colour.
      +1
      Prash Imaging (Facebook) - Please like!
      Flickr
      my car blog - Have a read
      my 2nd car blog - Have a read too

Comment

Good to meet you in person finally guy, very impressed with your time too, the EF didn't do as good a job at chasing DC5s as I hoped .

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
        +1
        +1. I find it very difficult maintaining the immaculate black paintwork of my CR-X.

Comment

Originally posted by crashprash View Post
          +1
          bunch of sooks try milano red! =D

At least you guys don't get oxidization and have a car that could end up looking pink lol

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
            Hahah, you think your car colour is hard to maintain....wait till you get a black colour.
            I most likely will never buy a black car because of it haha, i do like satin black on cars though.

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Good to meet you in person finally guy, very impressed with your time too, the EF didn't do as good a job at chasing DC5s as I hoped .

+1. I find it very difficult maintaining the immaculate black paintwork of my CR-X.
            Thanks Tom and likewise mate, it would have been good to talk more crap at the days end but we all had decent drives ahead of us. Btw, how difficult would it be to organise a Winton trackday end of this year/early January? Seems i have a decent sized host from Sydney interested in joining me

Speaking of chasing DC5's i was trying to follow you in the last passenger session but you let me through on the straight haha, was trying to see what kind of lines you were taking.

Make sure you bring the DC5 to Nationals next year for some battling!

Comment

When are you guys hitting the track again?

Comment

Originally posted by Type S View Post
                When are you guys hitting the track again?
                My exams finish at the end of the month, im keen to go in December/January, there is a bit of an idea to trek down to Winton Raceway early next year too Hows your car going Che?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                  My exams finish at the end of the month, im keen to go in December/January, there is a bit of an idea to trek down to Winton Raceway early next year too Hows your car going Che?
                  Come to Brisbane and do either Lakeside or QLD Raceway.

KGO!

Comment

R u comming wakefield in nov now ?
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                      Yeah thinking of tracking same time, December/January. Not sure about Winton, where and how far is it from Sydney?

Anyways, prefer EC or Wakey, the usual - lol.

Car's good!

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                        Come to Brisbane and do either Lakeside or QLD Raceway.

KGO!
                        have you driven any of these tracks before??

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        R u comming wakefield in nov now ?
                        still undecided, considering it though Want to try and get 1:12's at WP on current setup and then look towards making some changes to get closer to 1:10.

Originally posted by Type S View Post
                        Yeah thinking of tracking same time, December/January. Not sure about Winton, where and how far is it from Sydney?

Anyways, prefer EC or Wakey, the usual - lol.

Car's good!
                        Thanks Che, Winton is a bit more then 6 hours south i believe, not close by any means but its a track i would love to drive on. What are you driving these days??

Comment

UPDATE: JTC Customs Ver2 Short Shifter and Ktuned Shifter Arm

Hey guys, for a while now i have sought to try and improve the sloppy OEM shifting feel we have to put up with in the DC5. I decided to contact Tommy from JTC Customs in the USA to inquire about his much anticipated version 2 short shifter release date. He was a great guy, after a bit of discussion i ordered a few of his Short Shifters and lever arm extenders to trial. His shifters are accepted as the best on the market currently since Pspec stopped making theirs. Made a bit of an agreement to send him some of my future sessions with the shifter installed for his new website which is pretty cool!

JTC Short Shifter

I intend to set the JTC to maximum throw length and raise the lever length by using his extenders. This Short shifter will improve the preciseness of shifting markedly, the heavy self weight of the device will also have the same effect a weighted shift knob has, the throw should be much more satisfying

Also on order is the Ktuned Billet Shifter arm. This arm solves 2 more problems with the oem shifter:

1. play in the shifter: The oem shifter arm has a fairly low tolerance pivot ball that is responsible for that "play" the shift knob has in neutral and in gear. The Ktuned arm has a much tighter spec pivot ball that is said to remove this uneccessary play.

2. Weak return spring:
                          The Ktuned arm also has a higher stiffness return spring which is responsible for returning the shifter to the centre of the "H". A stronger spring will help throw accuracy especially from 2nd to 3rd shifts which can be a PITA for DC5 owners.

KTuned shifter arm

I am expecting to receive the items within the fortnight so i will put up detailed pictures from the install and hopefully great impressions Driver interface modifications are always the best!

Future Changes:

Have also been considering changing my CMC to the USDM Civic SI model, apparently it has a larger piston and can handle more clamp loads, have read of this helping the crispness of gear changes. SS clutch lines will also go on if i go through with this.

Track plans: With regard to track plans, i want to return to WP and get a 1:12 before i make any more changes. When i achieve this, some track rims (secret spec and colour ) and semi slicks should see me aiming for 1:10s Just need a sponsor now haha.

Comment

looking good Stevan

Comment

Nice update Steve!
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Teaser...

Comment

Working...
                                X