No announcement yet.

Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly the GruppeM/Toda/Powergetter combination should get very similar numbers, a tuned DC5 with all boltons should be around 135-140kwatw. Toda AU told me the CRSX headers always perform well with a tune and only vary very slightly in peak output, the difference in price is of course in the quality of the Toda product.

Eddies DC5S with GruppeM/Spoon header/Spooon catback netted 137.7kwatw for comparison

The CEL came up about 2 weeks after install, bought one of these and it never came back

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CLU-CEL-ANG.html

Comment

UPDATE - 27/6/2011

take 2................

Here is a comparison of the new and old rear dampers, you can notice the new version has a tapered edge from the lower spherical bushing that provides the clearance the first ones lacked. Orange finish adds +5wkatw

The 6'' 10kg SWIFT springs are to replace the 8kg front AST ones, they were a bit softer then i desired, a bit more rebound damping will easily control bounciness.

Im not celebrating yet but hopefully this week i will have sorted my suspension out finally, also due for my 100,000km service

Secondly, i will be ordering a new drivers seat in preparation for Honda Nationals, should be seeing it in a fortnight or so

Comment

OH HELLO THERE!!!

Looking forward to installing it ?? I would be =P

I'm looking forward to seeing which seat you'll choose!!! Keep us updated!

Comment

LOVE it

Comment

Nice updates
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
            STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

wooot!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Woop! Still keen to hear your impressions once you get them in and set up. I need a new seat for Honda Nationals too, want to sponsor me one?

Comment

i won't be cheering yet until its all done and fits, pray it all works out this time!

Tom try driving in TypeS seats ! Haha sponsorship, im so loaded i can only afford one seat..................barely

Comment

Little update:

Today i took the car to Hanny's for a 100000km service, new plugs, and fluids and also got the rear pads changed to ceramic Ferodo's. After this i got a little diy action happening with the assistance of Benjammin from OzHonda who is well know in the EP3 circles

Went there with the intention of changing my front springs to the new SWIFTS and changing the tie end rods. Changing the SWIFT springs over was easy with the only hard part being removing the Tie end rod from the control arm on the coilover, some tapping with a mallet managed to do the job. We then rattled the top nuts off, lifted the mounts and swapped the springs over. The springs were about 10mm shorter so we raised the lower perch about 5mm to compensate for the lower droop the stiffer spring would have. Heres a picture of a completed front damper (We used red locktite to prevent the nuts coming loose and the all to common "thud")

As for the tie end rods we had a little trouble finding tools short enough to allow us to loosen the rods from the bracket, we ended up having to leave it as getting the car back within driveable toe and adjusting height and camber tops took a lot longer then exepected. Finished up at dinner so i still need a full alignment to be done in the morning, first impressions is i love the feel of the new springs!!

As for the rear dampers a delayed package arriving this evening prevented me from getting the rear dampers assembled and installed much to my frustration, at this stage it looks like i will have to go to Jax first thing and get my alignment sorted and drop in the rear dampers when they are assembled.......................talk about a long way of doing things!

Will keep this thread updated when the chassis is setup so i can finally give my impressions after 4 months
                    Last edited by stevan; 30-06-11, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Nice progress Stevan! Tried calling you moments ago, it seems like your having a dinner!

Shame about the tie rods not going in before an alignment. Since your getting new tires etc, I reckon an alignment will be a waste of time/money. Should I suggest an alignment post Tie Rod install? Dont tell me your going to make the trip down south-west and visit Kieran at Jax Tyres (Liverpool)?
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Tie rod installs suck! I am not surprised you ran into trouble, even after doing it four times I still struggle with it. Still looking forward to impressions of the complete package .

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                          Tie rod installs suck! I am not surprised you ran into trouble, even after doing it four times I still struggle with it. Still looking forward to impressions of the complete package .
                          too right mate, i don't think a regular Jax could do these for me so i will probably go to Top One asap and pay up so its done right the first time. Such a tease!!!

The SWIFT's are strange, they are stiffer yet feel more compliant over bumps, they seem to flatten out a lot better too mid corner, maybe i should get a pair for the rear too in the future in a "more man-ly stiffness"
                          Last edited by stevan; 01-07-11, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Very nice!
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Sussy is coming along well. My toe was whack when I had my tie rods put in, so best get an alignment asap!!

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                                Sussy is coming along well. My toe was whack when I had my tie rods put in, so best get an alignment asap!!
                                My toe was out by like 30mm after The final parts were installed today, quite amusing when the car steers itself on a highway doing 110Kh/hr.

I can almost finally say that after 4 months, 2 different dampers, 2 installations, 3 alignments and 1 spring change i can make a review on the monotube 5100 AST Dampers!

The install went well at Top One today, Dedy took care of me after having some sympathy towards the problems i encountered the first time around, big thumbs up to him and i highly recommend him to everyone in the Sydney area, shame their workshop is on the other side of Sydney but its well worth the trip.

I will give the car a good testing tonite, i can already tell the rear needs more rebound damping to control the bumpiness. I will report back here this evening with a more detailed review with "lot and lot of picture"

Comment

Working...
                                X