Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
    Hey Stevan, Thanks for hanging out yesterday..
    I love the feel of that LSD, and even though the roads were still a little wet i could feel how responsive your car is in each corner.. Can't wait to see how she will go once these coilovers are in the car..
    No problems mate it was good catching up, shame about the weather though. That K20 engine tuning book is a great read so far

Originally posted by TODA AU View Post
    Sorry, yeah I forgot to mention everything was fine. (It was pretty clean actually)
    There was no unusual wear on any of the gears or sleaves so I wouldn't expect any issues.
    Great news Adrian thanks for that I have just been told that my suspension will be here mid next week so we can get to organising installation shortly thereafter

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
      No problems mate it was good catching up, shame about the weather though. That K20 engine tuning book is a great read so far

Told you its a great book... BTW thanks for the Kics,
      I think when you make the trip to my place you have to bring the documentary for me to watch.

Comment

Good seeing u again stevan!

I gotta chase up my mate for every pic and send them your way. Too bad i dropped my nuts now and didnt test out yor lsd . Im actually feelig satisfied with my xar
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Good seeing u again stevan!

I gotta chase up my mate for every pic and send them your way. Too bad i dropped my nuts now and didnt test out yor lsd . Im actually feelig satisfied with my xar
          Was good catching up mate its been too long! Keen to see the pics there should be some great ones in there Ill come around to your place again very soon so you can give it a bit more, Definitely love the way your car is setup now i really enjoyed how it felt (Spoon N1 sound is pure sex!).

Now i want better seats even more

Comment

I reckon to find blacl or blue sr4's... Your've got the rails already, once you get the seats, finish off the interior by one blue door trims and floor mats!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Yes i love the spoon n1... I get 1-2 offersnfor it a month... I will never sell!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

i like coming home to this...............

Last edited by stevan; 02-05-11, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                  Was good catching up mate its been too long! Keen to see the pics there should be some great ones in there Ill come around to your place again very soon so you can give it a bit more, Definitely love the way your car is setup now i really enjoyed how it felt (Spoon N1 sound is pure sex!).

Now i want better seats even more
                  Thanks for the invite? What did you guys meet after i went home did yous??

Comment

so jealous!

p.s. now we know where you live!
                    haha

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                      Thanks for the invite? What did you guys meet after i went home did yous??
                      It was JDMST EOMM, i should be uploading some nice pics later this evening from the event once they are emailed to me

Originally posted by lukits01 View Post
                      so jealous!

p.s. now we know where you live!
                      haha
                      haha im an idiot, hope no one was quick enough to take down notes Guess ill see you later at my place for a drink hehe

AST Suspension has arrived!!

I arrived home today and found that my new suspension has arrived a couple days earlier than expected, a good way to start the week They came packaged very well and all i can say is the build quality of these looks excellent, the first thing i noticed was the huge diameter piston that adorns the inverted strut front dampers. I particularly like the spring seat design that uses clamping screws instead of 2 seats as this should prevent them seizing like so many other coilovers experience after prolonged usage. One thing that does concern me is the usable travel on the front dampers which will obviously have bearing on what height i can safely run the car at (these dampers are not independently height adjustable) . The rear dampers should be able to slam the back end to the ground similarly to the Ohlins DFV, looking at the front dampers though the lower spring seat is located almost all the way down which suggest that they should be safe to use maxed out, it will be interesting to see what height this preset translates to on the car. Of course assuming something like this is quite foolish so i will wait for confirmation from AST regarding the matter before i make any setup decisions. Enough talk for now heres a few quick snaps i took........

For those that are wondering, the rear dampers will use OEM top hats as i couldn't justify spending another $400 for AST to make me some.

Last edited by stevan; 03-05-11, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Great up-dates mate

Good to see another fine example of a Type S

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                          Great up-dates mate

Good to see another fine example of a Type S
                          thanks mate the car is slowly getting somewhere

And here are a few pics from JDMST EOMM yesterday..

Last edited by stevan; 02-05-11, 07:41 PM.

Comment

fruakkkkk the suspension looks beast... >.> how much did that set you back all together?
                            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Next JDMST we will all go then?? deal?

Comment

Shame Sugi's (Sugz) foglights wern't lit up for that fnot on shot hey!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X