No announcement yet.

Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You serious? I bought it, as I always pick up lil bits of bullshit when I go jdm yard... When I went to pick up mine and stevan's RCA's, I got him some pads, I got myself some brake fluid and that condom!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

First of a few packages arrived today, Cannonball

This thing looks amazing and weighs a ton Clutch should be here tomorrow. Also bought myself a new ballwacker after some recent Masters inspiration from our own Jason Day and Adam Scott...........

Comment

nicee... what is it:S

oh right its a diff.. LOOL
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
          nicee... what is it:S

oh right its a diff.. LOOL
          haha yes, a diff, one of those things Honda didn't grace us TYPE-S owners with I can't wait to get this thing in it should make a huge difference, the JDM flywheel and sports clutch will make the DC5 a very different car to drive.

Comment

yea definitely. i kinda take my diff for granted ahahah >.> anyways GL with those parts and lets hope its an overall better driving experience.
            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

UPDATE

Clutch/LSD/JDM Flywheel Installed

This week i finally received my Wavetrac LSD and Exedy Sports Organic Clutch from the states, The clutch was the last to arrive which came yesterday morning. I dropped the car off to to Adrian at Toda Performance yesterday evening to have these installed as well as some TLC for the car and a few dyno runs.

All i can say at this stage is what an incredible difference i feel even on normal driving due to the new flywheel/clutch/LSD combination. The Exedy sports organic clutch is only marginally stiffer in pedal feel remaining completely driveable in normal conditions, it took a while to get used to the engagement point and slightly more aggressive bite but it feels fantastic. Shifts are incredibly precise and for some strange reason i have a lot more feedback and feeling through the steering wheel. I will have to bed it in for another couple days but so far i am loving the more rev happy engine and throttle blipping with the lighter flywheel (standard Type-S is 6.8kg and JDM flywheel is 4.7kg as measured by me for those interested).

Now to the Wavetrac differential.......

The moment i got in the car the feel though the front wheels felt very different, the usual torque steer and jerkyness i usualy felt through the front wheels (hold on for dear life through vtec) was almost completely gone. Going through second gear the car felt extremely planted throughout the entire rev range. Through corners, increasing throttle allowed the car to turn a lot better whereas before i would run wide with no power being transmitted to the outside wheel. I have yet to give the diff a hard test but this will change when i install my new suspension.

I had Adrian run the DC5 on the dyno for a few runs to give me an indication of how healthy the engine is running. My previous dyno run with just the GruppeM intake gave me 118.8kw peak power, this time around i had the KiddRacing race header and the powergetter exhaust along with the new transmission parts. Here is a pic of the car on the dyno and a scan of my best run......

Overall i am happy with this result and indicates everything is in good nick. Adrian said the car is running quite rich as well and should be getting around 135kw just with a tune which is definitely one of the next things on the cards.
              I'd like to thank Adrian for his work and getting the car done quickly with short notice

Finally, AST and RavenTech Racing have given me confirmation that my suspension has been shipped out 2 days ago so i should be seeing those sometime in the next 2 weeks, By then the clutch and pads will be bedded in well and i can give them a proper test. Sadly though it seems AST have misunderstood my request for a shock dyno plotting every 2 clicks of rebound adjustment on the same graph. It seems they have only sent me the front and rear shocks set at "mid" rebound (files labelled mid reb front/rear shock dyno), i was pretty annoyed at this and have contacted AST to send me similar 5100 shock dynos off their server

Here is what they have sent me anyway, im assuming the 2 lines on each chart are left and right which indicates that they are at least well matched if that is the case, perhaps someone can comment on this......

Comment

shotgun passenger for next track day

Comment

Originally posted by SpoonS View Post
                  shotgun passenger for next track day
                  We can slide around in my leather butt rests together haha

Comment

see you next thursday cant wait now that ur finally getting some happiness from driving it again

Comment

glad to hear your LSD went in without glitches. Did you have a chance to take alook at your tranny was it still in good condition ?? ^^

Comment

Originally posted by edfung81 View Post
                        glad to hear your LSD went in without glitches. Did you have a chance to take alook at your tranny was it still in good condition ?? ^^
                        Yeh i love it mate transforms the car I didn't have a look at the tranny, Toda didnt mention anything so i assume all is well.

Comment

Only just saw this guy! Power is good and it is good that your LSD install went off without a hitch. The dyno of your shocks looks good, be sure to post up any others they send you to show the adjustment, I am eager to hear your impressions once they turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            Only just saw this guy! Power is good and it is good that your LSD install went off without a hitch. The dyno of your shocks looks good, be sure to post up any others they send you to show the adjustment, I am eager to hear your impressions once they turn up.

Hey Tom, was wondering if you saw this post hehe. Im happy with the power, look how much richer this run was compared to the original one, lots left in the engine

So far the wavetrac is performing well, tons more steering feedback (feels much lighter) and gives me grip and turn in like i never had before. I will wait to review this fully and the new clutch/flywheel until after a proper test with proper suspension.

The dyno unfortunately was a mix up by AST, they didnt test it as i requested with every 2 clicks of rebound adjustment, from what i gather the 2 plots are left and right?? I was very dissapointed at this, i am awaiting their reply very soon regarding this and an email of a similar 5100 plot. I was updated this morning that i will receive them mid next week so i will do my best to have them installed and setup by weeks end

Comment

Hey Stevan, Thanks for hanging out yesterday..
                              I love the feel of that LSD, and even though the roads were still a little wet i could feel how responsive your car is in each corner.. Can't wait to see how she will go once these coilovers are in the car..

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                                Yeh i love it mate transforms the car I didn't have a look at the tranny, Toda didnt mention anything so i assume all is well.
                                Sorry, yeah I forgot to mention everything was fine. (It was pretty clean actually)
                                There was no unusual wear on any of the gears or sleaves so I wouldn't expect any issues.
                                TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                                TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                                Official Australian Distributors
                                Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Working...
                                X