Steve's DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE 7/3/11

Got a nice package today from RetroSolutions in America after a couple weeks wait,

1. Digital slim 55w 6000k HID kit
    2. Yellow Fog lamps from ClubRSX
    3. 4 x T10 white leds to replace parker and license plate bulbs

I am still awaiting an OEM fog light switch as well so i will try to wire the HID tomorrow and mount the Fog lights for now until i DIY the harness to connect to the OEM switch. Should look a bit better than the 1 headlamp i have working atm

I also should have my suspension quest coming to an end soon as i finalise a few details with the setup i am currently focusing on, all should work out very well albeit a bit more than i intended to spend...........

Comment

Got around to installing my new hid kit today and got some work done on the fog lights as well. Hid kit install was fairly simple whilst the fog lights are a bit more challenging, i will need to solder the Spyder replica harness to my oem switch on the weekend so for the time being i have only mounted the fogs and have the harness tied up behind the bar until that is completed. Heres a few pics of the install and how it all looked,

Front bar off

used adhesive velcro to attach the tiny ballasts to the underside of the headlamps,

Fog lamp mounting in progress,

First picture of the lamps mounted, looks good but when i relocate the plates and get a red "H" badge it will look better.

Old rear halogen T10 bulbs

New retrosolutions white 5 led T10 bulb

Kit output

I am very happy with the quality and output of the HID kit thus far, the road visibility is fantastic! Will update this post when i complete wiring the harness for the fog lamps.

Comment

Looks great steve... U should modernise the inside also and replace the bulbs with led... Bif difference also... Dont bother doing glovebox or boot unless ur mental like me.. Just the two x readings lights and and the center dome light
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            Looks great steve... U should modernise the inside also and replace the bulbs with led... Bif difference also... Dont bother doing glovebox or boot unless ur mental like me.. Just the two x readings lights and and the center dome light
            Thanks man, i kind of like the normal lights inside its easier on my eyes.

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
            Looks good
            these things light up the road, i enjoy driving at night again

On Sunday i finally got around to finishing my fog light install and let me tell you it was a huge pita. I bought a wire crimper/soldering iron etc and got around to soldering my OEM switch to the Spyder harness, once i thought everything was ok i wired up the harness and tried to fire it up to no avail and ended up blowing a fuse

SO i drove up to my local service station to get some replacements when the owner (clearly identifying my dismay) asked me whats wrong? Turns out hes an electrician and bored with his sunday we spent a couple hours running through all the wiring in the workshop to sort it out. Apparently a couple wires were crossed over incorrectly (fault of the diy articale i found on CRSX) and the power connection for the light from the fuse box was also poor. He corrected the switch issue and we ended up tapping into the power wire for the Sunroof switch instead to ensure it worked correctly.

We got everything tidied up and the were alive finally

Comment

love it,but oem switch is upside down
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

love it,but oem switch is upside down
                hahaha, i was so over it at the end i just pushed it in!! will fix it tomorrow thanks for picking up on that i didnt even notice it BTW made a lot of headway with my suspension alex i should be making a payment very soon.

Comment

hehe, stevan, look into yelllow tinted high beams, finishes it off nciely... further more, i'l lget u a pic of my switch tonight ok mate... hopefully my coilovers will arrive before April 26th, so I can get them installed in time
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

hehe, stevan, look into yelllow tinted high beams, finishes it off nciely... further more, i'l lget u a pic of my switch tonight ok mate... hopefully my coilovers will arrive before April 26th, so I can get them installed in time
                    Yeh i was just going to get some nokya 3000k high beam bulbs to finish it off, i knew the switch had to go the other way around i just completely forgot to look at it when i pushed it in (Was so excited to see the things finally turn on i just cleaned up everything quickly haha).

If you paid for them aready they should be here in a couple weeks max, my mate just bought DFV for his car from VIVID 2 weeks ago and they will be here monday. Mine may take a bit longer because it needs to be built first

BTW did you notice i got rid of my hideous number plate bracket?? I fixed it with zip ties on the bottom similar to how you did yours, looks a million times better
                    Last edited by stevan; 13-03-11, 06:02 PM.

Comment

i thought u took the plate off??? i can teven see ur palte Steve!
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

i thought u took the plate off??? i can teven see ur palte Steve!
                        haha yeh i hadn't replaced it yet in that photo yet I was thinking i need a new clutch and an lsd before our wakefield trackday ??

Comment

why? your clutch is going? mine still great

only going to replace if need be.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

hey mate, went downstairs to clean garage, but forgot fone.... too much hassle getting in n our of my garage .. but yeah the light is defiantely upside down, easy fix!

Good to see the mods slowly happenign!
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                              BTW did you notice i got rid of my hideous number plate bracket?? I fixed it with zip ties on the bottom similar to how you did yours, looks a million times better
                              good job... I just used the bolts from the OEM bracket and somehow bolted them without zip ties... there is a way it can be done...

Comment

you can do that with the prefacelift, facelift yu cant, i tried n it wont fit good. Unfortunately the facelift guys have to do it ghetto or get some L brackets from bunnings which i really cbf ....
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X