• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work! Can only get faster now
    Moiz
    無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Well done mate. Didn't get a chance to speak to you, the car looks good!
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Good on you for getting out there. Great to read that the DC2R was mechanically reliable with no issues on the day.
        Skibeemo.com

Comment

Nice work man, great seeing you out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
            Good on you for getting out there. Great to read that the DC2R was mechanically reliable with no issues on the day.
            Thanks dude!

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
            Saw the car out over the weekend man but didn't get a chance to come say hi.
            Looks really good and I'm sure it can go a hell of a lot faster too!

Sucks about the grouping issues. My mate was in your group (red s2k) and hd he same issue!
            Also saw you out there but didn't see where you were parked up all day otherwise I would of said hello. Yep definitely heaps of time in it. Congrats on your time, impressive for a first timer at winton.

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
            Nice work! Can only get faster now
            Heaps of time left in it! More seat time is needed.

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
            Well done mate. Didn't get a chance to speak to you, the car looks good!
            Cheers, realised late in the day that you were actually parked up next to me haha, definitely will say hi next time.

Originally posted by dustinyo View Post
            Nice work man, great seeing you out there.

Thanks bro! Many more track days to come!

Comment

Killed it rizwan

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Comment

Riz's K24 DC2R

Originally posted by Emmanuelchibs View Post
                Killed it rizwan

Thanks bro!

Update!

Another weekend another track day!

August 13 Circuit Club @ Winton

Last minute decision to head up to Winton but good weather and the car being already prepped gave me no reason to not get back out there.

Session 1 - First session, got a bit too excited to get a PB on my first session and ended up spinning out on turn 1 on my 3rd lap. Wet track and the brakes locking up led to me doing 2 x 360s. The video is on my Instagram 'rizwanreddy'

Session 2 - 1.46.49

Session 3 - 1.44.35

Session 4 - 1.43.99

Session 5 - 1.43.15

Session 6 - 1.48.20

Session 7 - 1.42.34

Constant improvement the whole day, was very happy to shave off 3 seconds off my previous PB. Session 4,5 & 7 showed my optimal lap being 1.41.xx so there is improvement to be made on the current setup. I struggled a lot with the hard left after the back straight (after the cow tits) and my braking points are still either too early or too late, plenty of time to be gained - more seat time needed.

The car had a lot of understeer this time around which I put down to more speed coming into the corners. The extra braking force required for the extra weight of the k24 and the power is limiting the amount of grip available. It's also becoming difficult to put the power down out of a corner. An LSD will help this issue out as well as better throttle control.

The car got up and back from Winton in almost perfect condition and resumed daily duties once again. Brakes feel soft and the car has some vibration when braking so will have to suss out what needs to be changed.

Next up is EXE on Saturday the 10th September. Would like to make a few adjustments before then.

- new brake rotors/pads/fluid if needed
                - proper wheel alignment
                - new front tyres
                - maybe upgrade to 17" wheels and a 235 tyre.

I would like to upload the PB lap to get some pointers and advice from other drivers to see where I can improve, will probably do that later this week.

Thanks for reading

Couple pics from H nats

Comment

So you're finding that 225/45s on 16x8s are struggling to put the extra TQ of the K24 down to the ground?

Comment

Originally posted by Spc-41k View Post
                    So you're finding that 225/45s on 16x8s are struggling to put the extra TQ of the K24 down to the ground?
                    Yes definitely but I'm also without an LSD, I think 225 is okay but if you really struggle then maybe a 245 or 17" rim.

Update time!

After Circuit Club track day my rotors were warped, the car began to vibrate every time I would use the brakes on the street. I got them machined and was advised to also change pads, so I decided to move away from the Ferodo DS2500 to Project Mu HC+. Initial thoughts are they bite a lot better and also squeal when cold but it's not too bad or annoying, keen to see how they perform on track.

I decided to upgrade to 17" rims so in came a set of 17x8+33 Volk Rays CE28N and new brake pads. Found these for a decent price from yahoo Japan and Jesse streeter helped bring these in. Unfortunately I didn't give myself enough time between ordering these, selling the TE37s and the EXE track day. TNT mixed up my shipping with someone else's and I was missing one of my wheels for 2 weeks. Because of this I had to pull out of of EXE. I decided to run 235/40 and 215/40 AD08R. This should help with some grip and quicker times at Winton.

Would have loved a concave spec but with DC2 guards being pretty conservative I had to settle for these flat faced CE28s. Not sure if I like the TE37s or these better but I'm sure they will grow on me. With this being an older photo I have yet to adjust the height, definitely need to equal out the front and rear height and it does need to be raised to stop the scrubbing, will upload some final photos soon.

With this I was ready to head to UniNats @ Winton but a small emergency surgery on my lower back last week meant that I was unable to drive that far so again I had to pull out of this day, was pretty shattered with the great weather but health is more important.

With the new wheel and tyre setup it was time to get another wheel alignment, this time I chose to go to Raceline in Blackburn, I have heard great reviews. Below is my before and after alignment specs.

I was shocked to see how wrong my toe was but this explains some of the understeer at Winton. I would have liked less rear camber but this is what I needed to run the wheels and tyres at the new height so it will have to do. Decided to go with -1mm toe out on the front to see if it helps also. Super keen to get out there with this new setup. Ray was full of help and suggestions and would definitely recommend everyone to go to him.

Few more goodies on the way, stay tuned

Comment

Finally Melbourne with some good weather

Comment

beautiful

Comment

Love it! So clean.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

So good!

Comment

The final track day of 2016 was done and dusted; Circuit Club November was another successful day with another PB achieved of 1.41.44. I was happy to get quicker by almost a full second but I also did think I would be able to reduce that time more with just another session.

With all the recent changes to the car, it instantly fell much more stable around the track and much of the understeer was reduced. The Project Mu pads with the wider tyres was in another ballpark compared to the Ferodo and 225 tyres, I instantly could brake a lot later and it gave me a lot more confidence with my driving. The new fluid and pads held up brilliantly all day. After session 2 I began to hear a loud squeal which we initially thought was a wheel bearing on its way out, on further inspection we realised the rear pads were not wearing evenly and the metal Indicator was hitting the rotors; lucky I kept some new rear pads handy and swapped them out to finish the day and drive home; should have checked these over before making the trip down but no harm done!

I'm now beginning to feel the open diff and it's becoming increasingly difficult to put the power to use when exiting the corner. I would like to break into the 1.39s on street tyres before I open the gearbox and upgrade it. I would like to become smoother in my driving and learn more about the car and what its actually doing in certain scenarios and tweak the suspension to suit my style as much as possible before I make huge upgrades.

I felt like I was set for a PB in the final session where I managed another 1.42 on my first flying lap but unfortunately it was cut short!

Overall the day was a success with the car again holding its own and making its way home still in one piece and resuming daily duties on Sunday.

Overall 2016 has been a great year, I've made a lot of progress with the build, it's survived 3 track days and about 10000-15000 kms of daily driving this year. Time to settle down over summer, focus more on cleaning the interior up and more maintenance and getting ready for the 2017 season which will hopefully bring more good luck and no headaches!! Still some goodies sitting in the garage that I'm itching to get going, stay tuned for more updates.

Enjoy the photos from Winton

Comment

Working...
                              X