Riz's K24 DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riz's K24 DC2R

Hey guys, first of all would like to start off by apologising for creating two threads (please delete old one if possible). So I recently swapped my FN2R; which I owned for 2 years and went and did an interstate trip and picked up a car I've always wanted to own! I've been in love with DC2's for many years and unfortunately I couldn't find a clean one within my price range so I had to 'settle' for the FN2. I bought it stock and added mods that were tasteful to me, it was a huge learning experience, I made many mistakes but learned so much in the process of building it. Started a build thread on it, but it just Didn't work out.

The FN2 was a great car but unfortunately it was time for something new. I had minimal luck trying to sell the car even in a very cheap stock form, lucky for me I had offered to swap it for a DC2R and surprisingly the owner agreed. We had this planned for over 2 weeks and was just waiting until my schedule quietened down so I could make the trip up from Melbourne. So I decided to trailer the car up just for peace of mind knowing that nothing would break on the way and it will arrive to its new owner in the form it left my garage that morning. It was my first time towing a car and also driving for an extended period of time (5 hours). This in itself was a huge learning experience; after hearing so many horror stories I was very paranoid, but in the end we had absolutely no issues and it was a walk in the park.

After meeting up halfway between Melbourne and Sydney, we had inspected both cars, test driven both cars, filled out the paperwork and before I knew it I had one of my dream cars sitting in my garage.

The car has been an absolute dream to drive and I'm loving every minute, no regrets...yet! It's surprised me in so many ways and it's everything I've wanted. It needs some good TLC and minor cosmetic and interior bits and pieces fixed or changed, overall I'm very happy with the purchase and can't wait to clean it up and drive it all day long!! The next step is to fill in the gaps and pick up the little things like new ITR floor mats, head unit, replace the tint, etc etc. The car came with many receipts for the engine swap and work, and included original log books! This was a major buying point for me to pinpoint the exact costs and parts used for the swap. The paint needs some work, but every time I drive it I couldn't care less if the car was painted hot pink, it's just a dream.

Under the hood lies a k24 from a Euro, matched with a euro gear box also, now initially I thought this was going to be a huge let down because of the extremely long ratios, however they haven't been long at all, I suspect the final drive has been changed but the old owner is unsure and there's nothing in the receipts. The gearbox is superb and so smooth and fairly short. The motor is tuned to 148kw atw.
    - RRC Manifold
    - 74mm Hybrid Racing TB
    - Karcepts intake with a custom stock box at the bend for extra stealth.
    - PLM Headers with a HFC
    - Fujistubo RMO1A exhaust (60mm)
    - DC5R Cams with 50deg VTC Cam Gear
    - K-Tuner ECU
    - BuddyClub N+ Coilovers
    - Hardrace front and rear camber kit
    - slotted and drilled rotors with ferodo ds2500 pads front and rear.
    - Many more extras, there's just too many to list!

Here's some happy snaps!!

The next step for me now is to get it registered in VIC and fix up the little things, enjoy the car and then to continue to build the car to my taste.

First change was made last night, the EP3 stockies had to go, my parents hate spending money on cars but even their comments were to get rid of those wheels ASAP!! Just borrowed a set of dc2r stockies from a friend for the time being, in my opinion, makes the car look so much nicer. It's still very high for now just til I get it through RWC and then I'll lower it.

Hopefully more updates to come in the near future!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryzz; 15-11-15, 08:20 PM.

Amazing. Who did the engine swap?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

This is RJ's old car right?
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Riz's K24 DC2R

Originally posted by felixR View Post
        Amazing. Who did the engine swap?
        It was all done by BYP.

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
        This is RJ's old car right?
        Yep it's his old car.

Comment

awesome! nice itr man. Your fn2r was also super tidy!

Comment

nice itr...
            keep us upto date with mods
            my sale thread 21.01.12
            CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

So you swapped with RJ. keen to see what you do to the car from this point forward
              FN2R was such a nice looking car so im sure a similar style will be taken with the DC2R

Comment

Nice car, thanks for sharing. Neat looking FN2R too, the SL's look awesome on the Fn2. Judging by that picture of the Fn2r it was taken at Winton Raceway?
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                  So you swapped with RJ. keen to see what you do to the car from this point forward
                  FN2R was such a nice looking car so im sure a similar style will be taken with the DC2R
                  Yep I swapped with him. Yeah i loved the look of the FN2 and how fair it had come since I first bought it stock, i'll be focusing on something more track orientated with the dc2r but still keeping it daily drive friendly.

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                  Nice car, thanks for sharing. Neat looking FN2R too, the SL's look awesome on the Fn2. Judging by that picture of the Fn2r it was taken at Winton Raceway?
                  Cheers, like to think it was one of the better looking ones around haha. Yep it was at winton earlier this year.

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
                  awesome! nice itr man. Your fn2r was also super tidy!
                  Cheers dude, loving your itr aswell!

Originally posted by ievaq8 View Post
                  nice itr...
                  keep us upto date with mods
                  Thanks! Plan to keep this build thread as up to date as possible.

Comment

ohhh shit, so this is your new car, suspected it was a itr but didnt know it was k swapped, nice dude :P

Comment

Such a mad car, been hearing good things about it from Huy and jhe. Can't wait to see it out on track!

Comment

Riz's K24 DC2R

Originally posted by stalis View Post
                        ohhh shit, so this is your new car, suspected it was a itr but didnt know it was k swapped, nice dude :P
                        Haha trying to keep it on the downlow as much as possible (besides this build thread? Until I get it cleaned up.

Originally posted by dustinyo View Post
                        Such a mad car, been hearing good things about it from Huy and jhe. Can't wait to see it out on track!
                        Sometime after the summer hopefully when the weather cools down a bit! Handles so much better then the fn2 so keen to see what times I can put down in this. Congrats on your PB btw

Comment

Yeah same here, probably March some time. Handles better and have more power now haha. Thanks bro

Comment

Riz's K24 DC2R

UPDATE:

So it's been a few months since I've bought the car at not too much has really changed, my goal for now is to really clean the car up, fix all the little things and then start to do the major things. Spent a few weeks in Japan which was really nice, got too drive a few nice cars around the Hakone area (picture below) but was still missing my DC2 haha!!

Regardless of it being a small, I still felt like this build needed some sort of update.

So before leaving I installed a new Viper Alarm and replaced my door actuator. So the first night of driving the car I had managed to lock myself inside the car unable to get out, I have a habit of always locking the car when driving, so when I went to get out I realised the lock inside wasnt turning and the car wouldn't unlock, sooo had to climb out the window! Yes, I was copping a few funny looks. Few days past and the door lock wouldn't work and the car wouldn't unlock so had to get in from the passenger side and exit also, when I opened the door up realised the actuator was missing a spring, replaced the unit and it was good as new!

Now having driven the car a fair bit I realised it was very stiff and long drives began to take its toll on my lower back. I dropped the dampers, but found that the cars handling had become poor. Still adjusting it to try and find that sweet spot between comfort and handling. Keeping an eye out for another set of coilovers, something that could offer abit more comfort being my daily driven car.

Finally installed some speakers and a head unit, spent 2 months driving without any music and it finally began to get the better of me. Didn't want to over spend on speakers so just basically bought something cheap that would do the job, they've worked well so far but they do lack bass. The head unit I decided to purchase is actually a phone cradle, where you mount your phone in the middle and use it like that, thought this was a pretty cool unit and it was the same price as a single din so was worth the money. Allows me to use my phone as a GPS without having to constantly pick it up or spend a huge amount for a double din with that feature.

Cleaned the interior up, put in a Broadway mirror which I picked up in Japan, actually helps a lot more, DC2 rear vision is pretty poor and it doesn't help when the rear tint is stuffed also. Changed the shift boot to a leather one, the old one was tattered up and basically didn't sit right at all and would always come out, was just ugly to look at. Didn't help when the gear knob was also scratched up just made the car look very old. Swapped it out for another OEM knob which I picked up in an UPGARAGE in Japan. There's still a few things that I do want to finish off the interior but that will have to wait for now.

Gave the car a hand cut and polish, it brand back some of the shine it had lost but the paint was still pretty bad in some areas, the respray done prior was pretty bad. My friend had a go at using his machine but it brand out the sanding marks which shows bad prep work. The car will be going in for a full respray within the next few months.

As I said earlier, I was hanging to get this car onto the track, I was planning for Circuit Club on Feb 13th but Melbourne weather was just way too hot sitting in the mid 30s I decided against going. So the next date was the 27th of Feb which is a fun day. Gave the car a service and got a wheel alignment done. As you may have noticed I also went and bought a set of JDM ITR 16s. I've always loved the look of them and I got them quite cheap. I did plan to run them for a long time because I did like the stock look but that idea has gone out the window with a new set of wheels on the way. I did get the car aligned with these on though because the track day was close and the car was in need of one, decided to run -3deg on the front and -2.5deg on the rear with 0 toe all round. Time will tell if I stick with this alignment. Keen to finally get out there and see how the car goes and see what areas do need to be improved. Hoping the car gets too and from Winton in one piece!!

Will update after the track day with how I went!! Thanks for reading.

Last edited by ryzz; 25-02-16, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Love the direction for the R!

Did you book with fun2drive for those rides in Japan ?
                              00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
                              13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
                              15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Working...
                              X