Bought another voltex wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
        More updates pls.
        I'll start.

I bought a voltex wing.
        Sold said voltex wing to Todd.
        Bought another voltex wing.
        Hahah ive skipped a few things, but yes sold Voltex wing to Todd, nek minute bought bigger one!
        IG: tonytr

Comment

In4results. Is that an over fender in the last 2 pictures or is it just primed metal?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
            In4results. Is that an over fender in the last 2 pictures or is it just primed metal?
            Its just primed metal, the guards have actually just been tapped out so its lipped in some sense, this might make more sense ----> http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/7107...d-oem-fenders/

Comment

Update - Continuing off from my last post. My front guards have been flared and I've rolled the rear guards a bit more just for some reassurance. I've decided to leave my front guards in primer just until after track day, the idea is I test it out on track to see if there's any issues with scrubbing, if i do scrub my guy can easily pull the front guards out a bit more, if it doesnt scrub then great! it goes straight to the spray booth
              After upping the size of my wheels, an alignment & high adjustment was needed asap as i was scrubbing right left centre on normal street roads. My specs below if you can read the hand writing. My alignment was all done manually with all properly measuring equipment, no alignment machines or computers! I was extremely happy with it, there was so much more steer response! it almost felt like an entirely different car! however i do scrub on the driver side rear a bit, i might either have to adjust the height or just cut off some of the wheel liner on the rears.

Comment

UPDATE For the last couple of days ive been preparing for my upcoming track day which occurred at Winton on the 23/05/2015 (WRX CLUB DAY) which was run with CAMS, So anyway getting straight to the point, i just wanted to recap how i went on every session i did, in total i did about 4 timed session and 1 un-timed passenger session. Having also note that this was my seconds proper track day in the dry, previous PB in my first experience with the car was a 1:52 on a close to stock setup.
                Current car setup had I/H/E, Coilovers, Front Sway, GT Wing, 4.77 F.D, Advan AD08R streets
                Heres a brief run down
                Session 1:
                As i was running Advan AD08R i was advised to run them 28 PSI cold and 33 PSI hot. Having no experience with these coilovers I had to fine tune the dampers throughout the day, during this session I decided to have 8 clicks front and rear from soft just to see how the car handles, having the big GT wing I kinda knew I would probably understeer but heck this session was all about trial and error!
                Drove the car out for the first session, tyres pressure were perfect, they gripped very well so I knew they were fine however as expected i did experience understeering, especially around the sweeper and around the M section. The car also felt a bit soft as i was bouncing a lot around all the uneven surfaces of the track. I ended up getting a PB anyway of 1.47. Was pretty happy but my aim for the day was a 1.44

Session 2
                To counter the under steer and the bounciness of the car, i decided to stiffen my damper settings and have the rears a bit stiffer than the fronts. I adjusted fronts 9 clicks from soft and rears 12 clicks from soft. Took the car out, the bounciness of the car had definitely gotten better and i was scrubbing a lot less. The car was a bit toooo tail happy for my liking, i didnt like how the car oversteered too easy however it was easier for me to reach the apex. My time for this session was a 1.43.1 which exceeded my aim of 1.44, i was stoked with that as i didnt think that much of a difference in adjusting the dampers would wipe off 4 seconds off the previous time.

Session 3
                Since i wasnt comfortable with the way the car oversteered i decided to soften the rears a bit. Fronts were 9 clicks from soft and rears 11 clicks from soft, I thought yeah 1 click probably wouldnt have made such a difference but yeah trail and error i guess. Turns out the car felt perfect after that, I was incredibly surprised softening the dampers in the rears by 1 click was how I liked it, it was what i called 'the sweet spot' not too much understeer and not too much oversteer! Couldnt have described it better, it was ideal for my driving style however i only ended up getting a 1.44 during that session because of traffic, I was stuck behind an RX7 FC for awhile -_-

Passenger Session
                During a cams event, I was only able to drive on 80% due to safety precautions and what not. I left the exact same settings on the dampers and went out, As it was only 80% i took the time to work out better lines and reflected on what i couldve improved on while doing those slow laps.

Session 4
                Same settings were used on dampers, I lowered the tyre pressure on cold 27 PSI as the day got a bit warmer. Ended up with a surprisingly PB of 1:41.5 I honestly couldnt even believe it myself, i was absolutely over the moon! Never would i have thought I would improve so much on my second track day!

But anyway sorry if this was a bit brief! Not gonna lie this update was a pretty lazy one however if theres any question or whatever feel free to ask

Fun drive bys https://www.facebook.com/iamtnee/vid...53326526151823
                Last edited by iamtonee; 04-06-15, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Nice clean laps, well done on the PB, dat Amuse s2000 infront of you doe =D
                  BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                  APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                  Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                  NSEX

Comment

Heres a video of my first track day done in 2014 in contrast with the previous video posted above if anyone was curious!

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
                      Nice clean laps, well done on the PB, dat Amuse s2000 infront of you doe =D
                      Thanks! yeah that amuse s2000, I couldnt stop gazing at it throughout the day
                      Last edited by iamtonee; 25-05-15, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Celebs looking to find out what coils you are using sooooo
                        What coils are you using? Haha

Comment

Also good driving man!
                          I'm hoping to get down to a winton day some time before the end of the year so I'll have to make sure it's one that lots of the s2000 guys are attending!

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
                            Also good driving man!
                            I'm hoping to get down to a winton day some time before the end of the year so I'll have to make sure it's one that lots of the s2000 guys are attending!
                            Thanks Todd, im running the KW Clubsports and yeah come down some time..us Melbourne guys are doing Tampered day next month on that Queens birthday weekend and also Circuit Club, 1st of August which is when im going next!

Comment

Originally posted by iamtonee View Post
                              Thanks Todd, im running the KW Clubsports and yeah come down some time..us Melbourne guys are doing Tampered day next month on that Queens birthday weekend and also Circuit Club, 1st of August which is when im going next!
                              Ahh that explains the dampening adjustability then. kW have awesome dampening adjustment. Other coilovers like bc you can change the dampening by 10 clicks and nothing happens. That's why I always laugh at 30 way damper adjustable haha

I actually might look at the August date!!!

Comment

After collecting dust for the last 5 months, just got this cunt sprayed today

Comment

Working...
                                X