TR's S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TR's S2000

Hi, my S2000 that I purchased last year after my Civic EP3R got totaled. Chose the s2000 because i wanted something a little different and since ive only drive FWD I figured id go the RWD S2000 a go. I purchased my Berlina Black 1999 Honda S2000 from South Australia and had it towed over to Melbourne from "Ceva logistics" Great company to go through if you're thinking about state to state towing, they offered me a 2 - 3 day return at a great price so how could I say no!
    The car itself was almost close to stock, just a set of "Buddy Club" coilovers, KIA 4.77 final drive, OEM hardtop and a few ap2 cosmetic goodies!

My previous car - Night Hawk Black 2003 Civic Type R (EP3 chasis)

Thank God I made it out alive and no i wasn't driving, i was sitting passenger of my own car -_- (lesson learnt) Car spun out and we wrapped around a big tree.

My first Honda 3 - 4 years ago...I think. Honda Civic EK4

One of my first upgrades for the S2000 was the AP2 retainers, its common for AP1 retainers to crack, happened to one of my friends, he ended up replacing his engine because of that. After I heard i got a little paranoid so went ahead and replaced mine for the peace of mind. The more obvious upgrades that i did next was the wheels, I picked up some silver CE28Ns, a pair in 17x10x45 (concave) and a pair in 17x10x44 (convex). Perfect size for the s2000 in 17s as they run high offsets. I wrapped them around 245/40/17 AD08R, I couldve ran 255/40/17 but I wanted to avoid flaring out my guards due to my budget at the time. I had no scrubbing issues with the 245s, I reckon the car sat pretty nice there !

My next upgrade was a headache...literally?! So yeah I got sick my factory exhaust being so quiet and weighing about a ton (not really), i decided to upgrade my exhaust, the purchase of this exhaust was out of full impulse..i still question myself to this day why i bought it. It was the Amuse R1000 (no resonator) and the thing was FUCKING loud, it was so loud that i actually felt bad for my neighbors, it was so LOUD that I think i might set off a house alarm down one of the nearby main streets that I hit vtec on LOL not sure but I'd like to think i did, was pretty funny. It was impossible to have a conversation in the car anyone. After 4 days of excruciating pain to my ears and the community I decided to take it off and put it up for sale again....I ended up buying a J's racing 70RS.
    Not the actual picture i took of the R1000 at the time, its a picture from the new owner to which i sold to lol.

A comparison of the Amuse R1000 & J's racing 70rs

After 3 months of ownership, I decided to take this car out to the track. Before anything though I did all my fluid changes, heres a list of what I'm using for the car. Engine oil: Penrite 10W - 40, Gearbox oil: Redline MT90, Rear Diff oil: Redline 75w90..i think, Brake fluid: ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Radiator fluid: Honda coolant Type 2. Been using those fluids ever since and have had no issues so far! I also changed my brake pads to Project Mu Type HC800. The brake pads were initially very noisy when first installed but once they heat up they do quiet down, a major plus are these pads do really bite nicely...I would probably stick with the project mu pads for good.

My first track day at Winton! Only did a 1.51 on street tyres (AD08Rs) I actually did not know what to expect from driving a RWD, and yes i spun out a couple of times, the whole experience was so different from driving a FWD. I was very glad I did a track day in the S2000 so soon, helped me understand the car THAT much better. Before the track day I was initially a bit scared driving a RWD, always being a bit paranoid of kicking the car out by accident and getting into a crash but after that my confidence level had increased so much. I had fallen inlove with RWD.

My next track day was about a month after, unfortunate because it rained...no it was absolutely POURING to the point where i had to have my windows down a bit because my windscreen started to get foggy. Wet day at Winton was quite the experience, once again i spun out everywhere and i wasn't able to push the car without shitting my pants lol. At the end of the day my balls went missing and I only got like a 1.57! Oh well its a Wet day PB

Anyway I will update more once I have time, hope you enjoyed the read for the time being. Happy mothers day all!

Follow my instagram for my life story in pictures IG: TONYTR
    Last edited by iamtonee; 19-05-15, 11:44 PM.
    IG: tonytr

Nice s2k! those ce28 look perfect.

Comment

Hi tony!
      I like your car

Comment

Ps. More track days

Comment

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
          Ps. More track days
          got one coming up on the 23rd if my guards are done on time

Comment

Nice car bud! I certainly remember it being for sale, welcome to Clubs2k

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
            using Tapatalk
            02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
              Nice s2k! those ce28 look perfect.
              Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
              Nice car bud! I certainly remember it being for sale, welcome to Clubs2k

Sent from snoopnugs ringer
              using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

Comment

After 3 months of collecting dust in my garage, i decided to finally test fit my voltex front bar! exciting times ^_^

Comment

voltex! (L)__(L)

Comment

Killing the game TR.

Needs more updates though.
                    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Just a quick update. I decided to flare out my front guards and in doing so i thought i may as well make the most out of my guards which means bigger wheels and fatter tyres. Not too long ago I let go of my beloved CE28N's, truly great example of a high quality forged wheel, will be truly missed however i absolutely found it most annoying to clean brake dust off them, imagine all that hard work cleaning 10 spokes on each wheel and a week letter....its its back to what it was again, seriously took ages! aint nobody got time for that
                      But anyway these bad boys arrived on a Monday all thanks for Jesse Streeter! size is 18x9.5 +45 wrapped around AD08R in 265/35/18. Fitted and balanced by JVN Garage!

Last edited by iamtonee; 15-05-15, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Trial fit! Guards need to be flared and height will be adjusted

Comment

Wow, those wheels are tough! Nice one TR

Comment

Originally posted by Beatz View Post
                            Wow, those wheels are tough! Nice one TR
                            thanks

Comment

16/05/2015 - As mentioned and seen in my previous post, the clearance on the front guards were terrible, the tyre wall was literately against the guard, if i were to drive around like that i probably would've destroyed parts of my front fenders as well as do some damage to the tyres caused by rubbing issues. Solution? I would've either had to buy aftermarket front fenders that would allow greater clearance $$$ or i could just flare out my front guards. I chose the decision to flare out my oem front fenders, a big thanks to Ausithai Vong who helped me with this path! For those in Melbourne looking to do a front flare & spray on their S2000, I can introduce you to my guy, he offers a good service at not the cost of your arm and legs!
                              Still a work in progress but will update when fully completed! As you can see, no bog has been used as of yet!

Last edited by iamtonee; 16-05-15, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X