15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Nice colour choice!
      Originally posted by felixR View Post
      Fantastic colour.
      Originally posted by Beatz View Post
      Looks sharp Enjoy that fresh paint feel!
      Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! Was nervous with the colour choice originally, but it just sits so well on the jdm front!

Originally posted by jv-st View Post
      Looking good bro! Cheers again for the help with the bootlid haha
      haha no worries man!

Comment

Car looks great

Comment

Twins! Hahaha

Yours looks great man!

Comment

Originally posted by Vvvtec View Post
            Twins! Hahaha

Yours looks great man!

haha I wish it was the same case under the bonnet

Comment

Sneaky little post uni shot with new side extensions

A while back i got hold of some Honda Access/DC2Rx Pedals while the car was still at the shop for a nifty price! The install overall wasnt that hard however it really ways a bit of a nightmare with everything in the way!

Had to remove the driver seat for the extra room and stole my little brothers cushion for the added back support haha.

The clutch pedal assembly was rather easy to change over however i found that my clutch master started to leak so thats on order from Honda!

The Brake and the Throttle pedals were an absolute pain to remove though without having to remove the dash as it kept getting caught on the rod that connects the pedal to the brake booster. On top of that the steering column was in the way! Managed to pull it out after dropping the steering column!

Done
              Had to adjust the throttle cable after, however everything else was pretty sweet

Comment

wow you actually installed the whole arm of the brake pedal? I found it easier to retain the original assembly for the brake pedal and just drill holes and pop revet the plate over the existing pedal after removing the rubber bit. I hated doing this as it gave me a nasty headache...

Well done on the job! I couldn't even figure out how to drop the whole steering column.

Comment

Originally posted by ken_twolves View Post
                  wow you actually installed the whole arm of the brake pedal? I found it easier to retain the original assembly for the brake pedal and just drill holes and pop revet the plate over the existing pedal after removing the rubber bit. I hated doing this as it gave me a nasty headache...

Well done on the job! I couldn't even figure out how to drop the whole steering column.
                  I'll be honest, it never occurred to me to drill out the plates and slap them on the existing pedals, but then again i don't have a rivet gun! It really was quite a headache removing the brake pedal assembly as the frame for the pedal holds both brake and throttle pedal making rather chunky, and with the collumn and the fuse box in the way there was very little room to pull it out! In the end though i did swap the pedal levers over to the old frame as the Rx ones were a bit rusted.

Comment

Small Update!

Despite the many assessments I had coming up I decided to give my spare set of 96 spec headlights a little buff. Being plastic lens headlights they were vary prone to oxidisation and turning yellow. As the oxidisation was rather light, I avoided sanding and just used a rag to rub in the compound and they came up pretty good. At first I used "Meguiar's PlastX" and it really cleared the oxidisation as it was designed to. Afterwards I realised I had a spare bottle of "Meguiar's Ultimate Compound" sitting on the bench. The Ultimate compound really works a whole lot better as I'm assuming it's a more abrasive compound, making the job a whole lot easier.

Top: Untouched lamp. Bottom: Rubbed down with the Ultimate Compound.

Results:

Definitely a huge improvement over what it was prior. On the passenger lamp there was some streak marks that have been there since I've picked up this set so maybe some light sanding will help rid them, other than that the lights are looking very pretty.

If you guys are looking into other solutions than sanding back your headlights I recommend you try using toothpaste. Preferably a non whitening solution. Just rub it on with a cloth and wash it off with water then used PlastX or any other compounds as you would. The toothpaste really helps clean up the lights, making it a lot easier to buff up. Only downside is you'll need to put a lot of muscle into it. Here's an old set I did a while back on my old car.

Huge improvement. Don't think I would have been able to sell the car otherwise with the headlights like they were.

On a side note, Went carwash with a few mates about a week ago and my mate brought his camera along, I think some of you guys are familiar with him (Nathannnnn). A good quality camera makes such a huuuge difference in photo quality.

Comment

Nice work on the lights! Car looks great. So clean.
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Great progress with the pedals and headlight restoration
                        Skibeemo.com

Comment

Nice pictures

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                            Nice pictures
                            You should definitely check out his fb page for some top quality shots

Comment

Over the last few weeks I managed to get a few things together. Not sure if I mentioned this but a while back prior to the respray I picked up a DC2R gearbox for a good price. The box had a blown bearing but wasn't sure whether it was the input shaft bearing or the throw out bearing so I ended up ordering both. When the box was pulled off the car it was found to be the throw out bearing but I went ahead and opened the box up to change the input shaft bearing anyway. Sadly I forgot to take photos of this process haha.

A few weeks ago I also picked up a B20B bottom end. The block came with a golden eagle vtec kit and an OEM headgasket to match. The block was previously owned by a mate of mine who sold it to another guy and ended up in my possession. My mate confirmed that the block had only a measly 50,000 km on it which was pretty cool.

Excuse the mess of a garage haha. As you can see, the gearbox is still sitting there and have yet to be thrown on the car. Plans are to just throw it all on as a whole which makes life a bit easier. For now I'm in the lookout for a PR3 head from a b16 or a b18cr. Due to being a poor uni student in my final year, there really isnt much time or money available to complete this build in a hurry however I have plans to get the bottom end build so stay tuned

Comment

Wow, the car looks amazing, particularly in that silver. I always thought the S2k was the only car in silver that I'd own, but maybe it's that particular shade of silver that makes it look awesome haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X