X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kevinnguyens DC2

Hey guys!

Wanted to share my new car and hopefully the start of a good progressive project! Decided to start a thread for this car to keep the motivation flowing to work on and enjoy the car.

This is my third car in roughly a year! first car was a sportivo which was written off a while back after i smooched an Aston Martin. Dude was one of those guys who was too rich to care haha.

My Current car is a 93 Dc2 that im currently dailying. nothing too glamorous has few kinks and problems that make me ceebs and not really willing to fork out money to repair the car so basically my soon to be donor

This is my 99 Integra Vtir that i recently just bought. Car came up on gumtree and went and had a look the following day. Next thing i knew, a couple of mates who came with me, and I were driving it home one that same day! Car was a bargain! couldnt resist the temptation!
    Here are some photos of the car as is:

Decided to pull apart the interior today and inspect and give it a good clean. Previous owner had just driven the car and was a man who really had no idea. The gumtree ad description literally said "good car" and that was it. The man was a smoker so the car was filled with ash and smelt quite horrible. Ash and dust sure as hell doesnt do well for allergies and this hayfever season

Inspecting the car it seems to me that the car might have been a limited run leather edition, with leather rear seats, front and door trims. Not really sure if it has been reupholstered however theyre all old and seems as it came from factory. Anyone able to confirm this for me? haha.

After pulling the car apart little by little i found a couple of water leaks but havent really found where theyre coming from. Motor also has an oil leak however it seems to maybe be from the solenoid. Previous owner said that he fixed it and it set him back 600.. lol ohh wells the car is healthy and im happy with my purchase.
    Last edited by kevinnguyens; 04-10-14, 10:05 PM.

couple shots of my current car

So the silver dc2 is; i gotta admit pretty rough on the outside. planning on a a respray down the line so at the moment not too fussed. Car overally is rather good however, found that the taillight gasket is still in very good condition i think, have yet to pull off the taillights, got couple speakers and for some reason a vtec controller which needs to come out as soon as it can.
    Last edited by kevinnguyens; 04-10-14, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Looks a decent starting point. Plus it has the JDM nose on it Nice pick up
      1988 CRX
      1999 Integra Type R
      2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Red ones my run about car atm! Gonna pull it off the road once I get the silver one on the road so I can get the nose off and transfer it over
        Last edited by kevinnguyens; 04-10-14, 04:15 PM.

Comment

After much consideration, I've decided to sell off the red one and drive the silver dc2. Figured it'll be easier for the pocket and it'll help me fund jdm front and respray!

Although it seems like a better idea to sell the other and just respray the red one, it had a few kinks that I didn't really like and being a preface lift it was lacking the better abs and the passenger airbag. The car has seen better days and comparing the two, the facelift dc2 wins by a long shot.

For the meantime I guess I'll be looking into re face lifting the front again and getting this thing back on the road! If anyone got facelift parts they wanna pass my way for cheap I'm more than happy haha

Comment

mad dawg

Comment

Welcome !, Cool looking build, I will keep an eye out on this one and see how its goin ! also if I have some parts from my car that I will be letting go of I will let you know !
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AL92 View Post
                Welcome !, Cool looking build, I will keep an eye out on this one and see how its goin ! also if I have some parts from my car that I will be letting go of I will let you know !
                ooh me is very keen hahah

atm not really doing much just slowly cleaning up the car atm. Cant really do much as no funds untill i get back from my holiday in November. Kinda depressing seeing as i can drive one of them. Just means more time for maintenance!!

Comment

Not much happening to the car at all, however today as i got sick of studying for me upcoming exam, decided to start taking apart my dash as its getting sold to make way for some better stuff coming soon!

As i was about to proceed i discovered a lake in my boot possibly due to the massive storm just a few days ago. Ripped out the interior again and found that the drain hose for the sunroof was loose. Fixed it with a bit of silicone then proceeded to take my taillights out to inspect the gaskets. So far i noticed that the taillights have accumulated quite a bit of water in there. After unbolting it, i gave it a little push next thing i know a whole waterfall came out splashing down on my feet from the taillights. Sad part is it happened twice once each taillight

Drained as much water as i could but looks like i gotta order some new gaskets and source another set of taillights as the water drops in the taillights are doing my head in.

On a plus side i put deposit down on a few things that i should be able to pick up sometime this week plus i still need to pull the dash out. Working with no garage drains your life with the sun shining down on you back gets tiring real quick!

Comment

Originally posted by kevinnguyens View Post
                    Not much happening to the car at all, however today as i got sick of studying for me upcoming exam, decided to start taking apart my dash as its getting sold to make way for some better stuff coming soon!

As i was about to proceed i discovered a lake in my boot possibly due to the massive storm just a few days ago. Ripped out the interior again and found that the drain hose for the sunroof was loose. Fixed it with a bit of silicone then proceeded to take my taillights out to inspect the gaskets. So far i noticed that the taillights have accumulated quite a bit of water in there. After unbolting it, i gave it a little push next thing i know a whole waterfall came out splashing down on my feet from the taillights. Sad part is it happened twice once each taillight

Drained as much water as i could but looks like i gotta order some new gaskets and source another set of taillights as the water drops in the taillights are doing my head in.

On a plus side i put deposit down on a few things that i should be able to pick up sometime this week plus i still need to pull the dash out. Working with no garage drains your life with the sun shining down on you back gets tiring real quick!
                    Nice attention to detail man, changing the tail light gaskets complimented by another set of tail lights is a great idea, lost of people neglect the gaskets ! never bother to change them. Really cool to restore that car, im sure it will look and feel great when your done
                    sigpic

Comment

good starting car for a project, keep the photos coming....

Comment

Originally posted by AL92 View Post
                        Nice attention to detail man, changing the tail light gaskets complimented by another set of tail lights is a great idea, lost of people neglect the gaskets ! never bother to change them. Really cool to restore that car, im sure it will look and feel great when your done
                        Thanks man! hoping to get to that stage! no money atm due to upcoming holiday so just trying to sort what i can for now.

Originally posted by corsa59 View Post
                        good starting car for a project, keep the photos coming....
                        thanks dude! will do!

So today i managed to get some work done prior to it hitting noon. Being such a hot day plus being plagued with hayfever and having no shade it really killed me.
                        dash in.

dash out.

while taking out the dash i found that the head unit was just twisted and wrapped in. I was rather annoyed that it wasnt really properly installed but at the same time quite relieved as the headunit was some crappy jvc unit which was rather limited so i guess it made life a tad easier since i can get it replaced without much work!

Think im picking up my goodies tomorrow so kinda excited!

Comment

Well managed to pick up my goodies today! happy me! Everything came of a Dc2 type RX that was recently whammied front and rear!
                          Managed to haul in:
                          Dash
                          Interior Panels
                          Floor mats
                          Handbrake and Armrest delete
                          Steering wheel
                          Rear seats
                          Other Miscellaneous stuff

Picked up the interior goods as mine were pre crappy and these were in great condition!!

JDM POCKET!!! OMGGGGGGGG

While i was at it I thought i might as well remove that stupid VTEC controller. Chopped off the wiring now all i need to do is pray that it was wrapped and taped otherwise i gotta solder the lines back together.

Now to go and disappear for the upcoming exams

Comment

slow updates but i managed to get the interior put back together after so long! also picked up ITR climate control, and door trims and basically finished up my interior.

Had a set of sr3 recaros and let my mate borrow my drivers side so i decided to throw in my passengers side to clear up so bedroom space

Quite happy with the car atm, everything seems rather clean however the climate control seems to need the bulbs replaced. anyone know what size they are and where to get some?

Comment

Nice work!
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                              X