No announcement yet.

Project: Honderp City Turbo II - Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is the best angle of the car.

Headlight surrounds in. It has its panda eyes back again.

United at last!

Stuck down the black windscreen banner.

Added a club sticker to finish it off.

We stuck down all the vinyl with a water/detergent solution to make it easier to line them up. Definitely the best way to do it. This was the last one to go down and still has the application tape on the back of it in the photo. The final touch before Classic Japan!

Rolling in early we set ourselves up on one side of the oval. Straight away people were walking to Dan's car and wondering what it was.

Couldn't be happier with the way the City is looking after slogging it out these last few months. What a transformation. Most importantly it is running beautifully!

Tony's Motocompo got a lot of attention and heaps of smiles. It's one of those things that is just so Japanese it's hard not to love it.

Had to be done.

Love this photo of the two cars together. We made it!

Back at Tony's after a dumpling feast to celebrate. Great day.

Ever noticed this pattern on JDM windscreens? It's much more noticable with a polariser filter or when wearing polarised sunglasses. It's a by-product of the hardening process used on this old safety glass, before laminated glass was the norm.

Couple of final snaps. This is inside the hatch after the big clean up. I had the fire extinguisher in a drawer and thought it would look cool.

And back in the garage at my place looking totally different to the way it left.

The car's intake is so much quieter with the airbox in there. Gotta sort out an alternative filter setup quick smart. I'm on holidays in a few days so it'll be radio silence for a while. More to come in the new year.

Comment

looks fantastic... awesome in fact
      1988 CRX
      1999 Integra Type R
      2020 Civic Type R

Comment

What a transformation.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
        X