X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chinatown pic is so awesome =D

Comment

Look so tough mate!makes me want the RE30 for mine too..

Comment

Some great shots there.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Saw this tonight at highpoint
          Looks good mate.

Comment

My JDM DC5R

Thanks again for the replies guys, means a lot!

Time for another update
            Ill start off with some more photos I've got from recent shoots

As I'm very limited with funds atm, I decided to go to the fun day, just to get a feel for winton until i go back officially for another track day on August 30th
            Things i got done in preparation for the day
            - Installed final engine mount (gearbox mount)
            - Minor service with all fluids changed
            - Install Ecliptech Shift-I Light
            - 4x New tyres as my 235's were bald.
            Update on the tyres i couldn't find a full set in time, but found 2x Kumho Ku31's in 245/40/17
            Got them for a steal of a price and fitted them the next day, pulled the fenders a tad more to get them nicely fitted.

It was raining all week so we were disappointed thinking that it was going to rain at winton, but we decided to make the trip anyway, and were pleased to see the sun was out and the track was fairly dry
            As i said, i just wanted to use these sessions to refresh my memory on braking points and overall memory of the track.
            Couldn't push too hard as my rear tyres were bald, my fault for not finding replacements in time, but nonetheless the car drove faultlessly and i once again enjoyed the whole day. Ran smoothly and traffic wasn't too bad so I was able to push a little. $40 for a full day of track, can't complain honestly
            Im glad i went to this day as Im really happy with how the car performed and after some minor adjustments i should be ready for the August 30th track day
            Also my friend let me have a go in his s2000 out on track, this was a good experience for me as it was like driving a completely different car, the initial turn in was amazing and just felt light and agile compared to my car
            I will try to upload my go pro footage ASAP

To add to my frustration I was called into work the next day after winton so had to take my car out, work was literally a 5 minute drive away but I ended up driving into a booze bus, where the hwp defected me again!
            Words can't even describe how angry I was as this is just another major setback for me, money wise and for the car.

After clearing the defect i installed some fog lights

And finally this is what the car looks like atm, now running 245 up front and 225's at the rear

A couple more things to do before the next track day so just working as much as possible to make the deadline, will keep you guys updated
            Last edited by jdm.itr; 02-08-14, 04:03 PM.
            S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

My JDM DC5R

Update time again
              Seeing everyones build threads getting updated made me want to update mine too
              Since my last update Ive just been trying to prep the car for another trackday on August 30, i wanted to be prepared as my previous days were rushed
              In the mean time I got some replica Mugen side skirts given to me (thanks kevin) and decided to test fit them to see fitment and if i liked them or not

As they are reps they were fairly hard to install, but with a heat gun i got them on
              I wasnt completely happy with fitment but it was a different look so i decided to run them for a bit.

After a service i was pretty much ready for the trackday except for tyres. Luckily my friend let me borrow his AD08's as theyve been sitting in his garage for a couple years.
              They were 225/45 wrapped on Advan RG's 17x8.5+30
              Daily setup was 17x85 +25 wrapped in KU31s (245/40 Front) and Nexen N800 on tread markers (225/45 Rear)
              This was my track setup

So finally the day had come, I wanted going into this day purely to have fun and perfect my technique as i knew my tyres wouldnt allow me to achieve a PB
              First session I decided to take a passenger and just go out and get a feel for the track again. I felt really happy with how the car was handling, everything felt tight and stable but felt slow as i didnt want to push too hard on the first session. After coming back to the pits i was really happy with the way the car was performing and actually thought i might be able to hit PB because my daily tyres werent too bad. Then my friend came to me and said that i matched my PB, with a 1.45.8, I was ecstatic and a wave of confidence came over me thinking if i got PB with my Daily tyres, with the AD08's i could probably beat it.

So on came the AD08's before the next session, I didnt know much about tyre pressures because i never really bothered with it and just went with whatever. So friends said i should put it around 28 psi cold and it should reach around 33 psi hot. As i went out to the track i knew these were old tyres and the rubber had hardened up a lot so i gave myself to warm up laps to get some heat into them. After these 2 laps the tyres felt grippier but not 100%, but stupid me as i was feeling confident and pumped that i had good tyres for once, i decided to push for a hot lap, through turn 1 and 2 the car already felt unstable which kind of annoyed me and heading into turn 3 (sweeper?) i entered too hot and the car over steered spinning me off track. Because my car was low the impact ripped my front bar and side skirt off but thank god no damage because i had my quick release on which was only held by cable ties. The session was put on hold and i felt really bad that i held everyone up, but as the session restarted i quickly checked for further damage, as there was no damage i decided to go out again with no front bar haha, looked very aggressive but ugly. I only got a couple of laps in but they were consistent laps. After my spin i was a little put off and still annoyed as i felt like i was trying so hard just to keep the car on the track, despite this struggle i still managed to get consistent laps of 1.45-6's.

Next session I had some work to do to reinstall my bumper and double check a few things before going out. I felt towards the end of the last sessions that the tyres were getting slightly better so decided to go out on the AD08s again. Also thanks to Andrew, I bumped up my rear damper settings to stiffen up the rear of the car and i felt that in this session. Although the tyres were still letting me down as i was wrestling the car again and i felt like i couldnt get traction because i was spinning through gear 2 and 3, this didnt happen with my other tyres. Despite the rear being stiffer i entered too hot into turn one and ended up drifting through the corner, i was actually so scared to go off again but thank god i held it, and pretty happy i got it on go pro and one of the photographers got it on video too HAHA. Anyways again consistent times in this session but no PB.

Finally last session i decided to swap my RE30's back on as we came to the conclusion that the AD08's have been sitting for too long and the rubber had harden up too much. They just werent wearing as they should, everyone elses tyres were sticky and picking up debris on the track, but mine werent. So for this session i went out as a cool down session just to get my braking points again as all day ive just been wrestling with the car. I felt much more stable on these tyres and could push a lot more with the car still feeling planted. Was really happy with how the car performed again with these tyres and gutted that i didnt keep them all day because they honestly felt so good. I ended up just beating my pb with a 1.45.7
              It might not be much but i was still happy because i went into today not even expecting to reach my pb, so was really happy because i learnt a lot

Looking aggressive on my mismatch setup

Hears a link to a video that one of the photographers made on the day, my car features in it a lot so thanks for that and check out my drift at the end, i also have some gopro footage from the day and wll post that as soon as it uploads, enjoy guys
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E32i...be&app=desktop
              Again was a good feeling going home from a trouble free trackday for the car, but the next day i got defected again, which has gotten me thinking a lot because honestly the dream of having a daily + weekend trackday warrior is just not possible, well in Australia that is.. So over the next few weeks i wll be thinking about what i should do in the future with the car, but atm, back to daily duties and clear my defect ASAP
              Last edited by jdm.itr; 02-09-14, 07:02 PM.
              S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Nice ending on the video and nice save! Bad luck with the defect mate. Daily weekend track day warriors is possible.... In an EK1.
                Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 02-09-14, 09:16 PM.
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

So what PSI did you run the AD08's on when they were hot?
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Bad luck on the defect man. Maybe for daily, take off the black bonnet and probably fix up the battered up bumper. It's just screaming attention from the police whenever I drive past you :P
                    And you're still on your P's, which is enough reason for cops to want to target you.

Nice save on that part! You've got some quick steering to save that! Congrats on the PB. You'll get into the 1:44's with a proper tyre setup and maybe without your car parts flying off lol.

Comment

All DC5's should park next to each other next track day. lol

Comment

Looking good huy !

Comment

Nice slide.
                          ClubITR | Like

Comment

what did you get defected again for?

Comment

Looks good huy!

Comment

Working...
                              X