This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My JDM DC5R

Hey guys, I'm Huy, 17, been on the forums for a while sharing experiences with my brothers car, but it's time to move on.. I've finally got the car of my dreams, after 2 hard years of just working and not wasting money on stuff I didn't need I was able to save up enough to pick up an amazing car.
    It had been a rocky road in finding the right car, and I owe it to members on this forum to helping me make the right decision but in the end I'm sure I made the right one. It's a funny story to how I was able to get in first!
    I had the next day off school so decided to play some FIFA, which I normally don't on school nights haha. At around 1.30am I got off and decided to check carsales before bed. And that's when I found it! An original JDM personally imported DC5 type R. Without hesitation I texted him straight away, even though it was 2 in the morning haha.
    The next day around midday I got a call from the seller to organise a appointment time. When we were on the phone he told me that just that morning he had already got 5+ calls and was surprised with the interest. I then anxiously waited for the day to come but 1 day before I was going to see it a mate of mine showed me that it had been shared on fb! I got scared thinking someone would offer him more so texted him to make sure I was first, he told me that I was first and had nothing to worry about.

So the day had come and I went to see it.

The owner was so nice and was surprised, I don't think he knew how rare his car actually was! We talked for a while about the history car and just random things, it was really good
    He imported it to Ireland from Japan in 2008 and in 2010 moving to Melbourne, not wanting to part ways with the car he shipped it over!

The condition was amazing, the paint was immaculate and so was the interior, I was so surprised!
    But it just got better from there. I drove a friends AUDM DC5R and EP3R just the day before to compare but this was just amazing, it was night and day the difference. Everything felt good and didn't show any signs of wear.. I got a friend that was experienced with Hondas to drive it and he too was impressed. So as you may have guest I left a deposit.
    Waited a few days for the funds to go through (longest wait ever) but on Wednesday the 13/03/2013 I picked her up

The previous owner cleaned the car, providing some stock parts and a gave me full tank of gas for the drive home, he knew his stuff and modded the car accordingly. It was pretty sad to see his face when I drove off, but he had to let it go. The drive home was a breeze and I couldn't get the smile off my face! Parked it in the garage and just took a step back and admired it and still couldn't realise that I've finally got the car that I've always wanted!

So that's pretty much up to date for now guys, I will just be getting the car 100% again and maintain it until I get my licence in June
    Pretty much no money for mods, since I will have to get a rwc and insurance etc.

Mod List:
    Currently sitting at 129,000kms.

Engine
    - Fujitsubo Power Getter Exhaust ----> Toda Catback ----> J's Racing 60 RS Catback
    - Spoon 4-2-1 Headers
    - RBC Intake Manifold
    - K-Pro (V3)
    - Gruppe M Intake
    - J's Racing Torque Damper
    - NRG Engine Mounts ----> Innovative 60a Mounts
    - Buddyclub Short Shifter
    - Carbon Kevlar Spark Plug Cover

Suspension/Handling
    - Eibach Springs and Camber Arms
    - Goodridge Steel Braided Brake Lines
    - Buddyclub N+ Coilovers with swift springs ----> GAB SS Coilovers with swift springs

Wheels
    - OEM JDM DC5R (17x7 +60)
    - Rays Gramlights 57C Ultimate, Gunmetal Blue (17x8 +33)
    - Rays LE37, Mercury Silver with chrome lips (18x8.5 +30)
    - Ray RE30, Diamond Black (17x8.5 +25)

There may be more things that I have missed but that's what I know so far, yes is would've liked to start off with a fairly stock car and learn/progress but, I'm sure it won't be any difference with this, I was still mod it to make it 'mine' and refine some things. For now I really want to enjoy it and get to know the car!

For the future, what I really would like to do is keep the car looking pretty similar to the way it is now, maintaining it and start on suspension mods so I can give it a go around the track! Something I've always wanted to do!

-
    Last edited by jdm.itr; 06-05-14, 07:52 PM.
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Nice car bro!

Comment

Re: My JDM DC5R

Welcome mate. What a story. Treat it with care otherwise I'll drop you like third period french :P Since I too own a cw dc5r (audm though) we should totally do a side by side shot while mine still looks relatively stock
      Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

My JDM DC5R

Got some better pictures today, iPhone pics though

S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Nice ride bro!
          Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Nice pickup! The previous owner was on CITR as well.
            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

dude i thought i was doing it well when i owned a sportivo on my L's.... but a jdm dc5R. you took it a whole new level! congrats!

Comment

first thing first get some type r decals back on the rear quarter again!

Looks great mate! Congrats
                S2000
                WSID : TBA
                Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                Smooth As Detailing
                Incar Racing

Comment

Amazing car! Looks awesome. Congrats on the ride

Comment

Congrats again Huy! I'm sooooooo jealous of you right now

On a side note it's nice to finally see the CW DC5R crew gaining numbers
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by kevin301234 View Post
                      Nice car bro!
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
                      Welcome mate. What a story. Treat it with care otherwise I'll drop you like third period french :P Since I too own a cw dc5r (audm though) we should totally do a side by side shot while mine still looks relatively stock
                      Thanks, haha I'll try my best man, btw, I was pretty close to buying your car, I was looking at it for a while, sure! Mine still looks stock too don't worry
                      Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
                      Nice ride bro!
                      Thanks!
                      Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                      Nice pickup! The previous owner was on CITR as well.
                      Thanks, is he? Did he have a build thread or anything? Didn't come up in our conversations haha.
                      Originally posted by amee-reb View Post
                      dude i thought i was doing it well when i owned a sportivo on my L's.... but a jdm dc5R. you took it a whole new level! congrats!
                      Haha, thanks man, I was rolling around in my mums corolla too for most of the time.

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                      first thing first get some type r decals back on the rear quarter again!
                      Looks great mate! Congrats
                      You read my mind, I've bought them already should be here soon! Also bought centrecap stickers!
                      Originally posted by aTR View Post
                      Amazing car! Looks awesome. Congrats on the ride
                      Thank you!
                      Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                      Congrats again Huy! I'm sooooooo jealous of you right now

On a side note it's nice to finally see the CW DC5R crew gaining numbers
                      Haha, I still envy how clean your car is! Yes would love to do a CW DC5R photoshoot, there's a few around now!
                      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Awesome!!

Great story. Well done
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Mad jelly brah... I had my 5S on red P's =[... You got it for the price of an AUDM type R aye?
                          You should go on a trip to Sydney and show the Sydney boys some JDM lovin'... or we could organise a big 'meet halfway' for the NSWers and VICers. ;D.

Comment

Damn i wish i lived in melbourne. Saw this when it first popped up. Would of snapped it up instantly. But great purchase Huy. Its one amazing car. Sounds like it went to an amazing owner. Treat it well and you wont have any problems with it. The dc5r is such an amazing car. Cant wait to see the progress this car.
                            sigpic

Comment

So so good!
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X