This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wongy View Post
    Congrats on your red p's now to stay outta trouble for 3 years haha, nice update always good to see this thread updated becuz jdm dc5
    Thanks! I'll try, haha
    Originally posted by kevin301234 View Post
    congrats man
    Thanks Kevin
    Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
    Congrats!!! . Man I really need to clean my TB too.
    Do it! It's fairly easy and you'll notice an improvement straight away..
    Originally posted by tyk View Post
    Nice update and congrats.

You probably drove like a nanny if the examiner said you were the best driver

Looking forward to Sunday !
    Lol, I had to man, I wanted to pass so bad!!!
    Originally posted by mugsee View Post
    Congrats on your P's! It must be a great feeling to not rely on having somebody else next to you when you want to drive somewhere.

RE: your transmission fluid, I think the Red Line MT-90 is touch on the heavy side. See my post here about my thoughts about a 75W-XX based transmission fluid: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...l=1#post251081

As for the Red Line lightweight shockproof fluid, I haven't heard about anyone using it for a prolonged period of time on a K-series gearbox. The two guys that I know that have used it in Melbourne and have kept their cars for a good number of kms after initially using it, have both had to replace their transmissions due to some sort of failures. Do some more research into this fluid before jumping into it. If you're not sure, Red Line MTL will get you back the good-shift feeling.
    It's a great feeling and makes life so much easier for me!
    Thanks for the heads up, I read your post and its seems like I should be going for the MTL, do you think it's worth flushing the old fluid out and replacing it even though its only around 3000kms old?
    Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
    Congrats on getting your licence guy! I helped Jonathan clean the ICV on your car when he owned it, we must have done a crappy job .

As the owner of a broken gearbox that had been filled with the smurf blood that is Red Line lightweight shockproof, I'd also exercise caution in putting it in a K series box. No doubt it does some of the things that Red Line claim it does, but it still may not be suited to the Honda boxes.
    Haha, I'm sure you guys did a good job but its just built up over the years :P
    Mmm, well the car atm will be my daily but will be hitting the track pretty soon! So I'll do some research thanks.
    Originally posted by Batchy View Post
    Congrats mate!

Always good to be able to drive when you want without someone in the sideseat
    Thanks!
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Been driving the car a lot lately, done pretty much 1000+kms in the past week :S
      Well on sunday i bought and installed some coils
      Buddyclub N+ with swift springs at the front.. Got them for pretty cheap off a friend

Was fun trying to install the coils and a good experience!

Installing the rears

After the installation was done the car felt.. well... terrible.
      The toe was completely out and was almost un driveable.
      So the next day i got an alignment

This was the end result.. and another shot i took recently, (let me know what you guys think of the height)

- I would personally like to go a bit higher at the rears to even it out and drop the front a tad.
      - On a handling perspective i feel that the car is much more planted and stable when cornering
      - I'm also happy with the ride comfort atm, running 7 at the front and 10 at the rears. Not too stiff, but i will have to get to adjusting and seeing the differences when i have time.
      Last edited by jdm.itr; 26-06-13, 10:53 PM.
      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

this is immaculate man. Well done! Anything planned cosmetically? V lip? haha

Comment

Looks great .
          Shak's S2000

Comment

just beautiful, the height looks perfect =]
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
              this is immaculate man. Well done! Anything planned cosmetically? V lip? haha
              Thanks man, I don't really know tbh, maybe a v lip not sure, no money ATM -.- haha
              Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
              Looks great .
              Thanks shak
              Originally posted by markasia View Post
              just beautiful, the height looks perfect =]
              Thanks mate
              S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Nice, I see that the front coilovers have swift springs on them. What are the spring rates of those coilovers?
                1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

sweet ride man looks fresh. snapped a photo of it at the meet yesterday. was one of the only nice cars there!

Comment

gotta love a clean white dc5. picture above looks perfect.
                    sigpic

Comment

Time for another little update guys.
                      Not much has changed with my car but ill start off with the bad news, got into a little bit of an accident, scraped the front lip and guttered one of the rims

Damage isnt too bad but will need to fix the lip soon.
                      To counter my sadness of the lip i bought a rubber lip, similar to the V-lip

Thoughts?
                      Also, new mugen gearknob and carbon spark plug cover, thanks to peter

Had a good time at the clubitr meet last night, (need new headlights ASAP!)

Will be doing a full service on the car very soon! and raising the rear to get ready for track
                      Next thing on the list will most likely be tyres!
                      More updates coming soon!
                      Last edited by jdm.itr; 30-07-13, 06:26 PM.
                      S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Nice rubber lip I'm rocking one too!

Comment

I remember seeming this car once at footscary and was still on Ls about to turning left at the car park intersection when I was driving my one, coming in. Hope it was, make me so jealous looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Taoystar View Post
                            I remember seeming this car once at footscary and was still on Ls about to turning left at the car park intersection when I was driving my one, coming in. Hope it was, make me so jealous looks awesome.
                            Haha, yeah that was me I remember!
                            Back in the L plater days driving around with my mum haha
                            S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Originally posted by jdm.itr View Post
                              Haha, yeah that was me I remember!
                              Back in the L plater days driving around with my mum haha
                              Haha what a world we are in ey good to see other beautiful dc5rs, mummy's lil good boy kicking out the vtec. Should organise a meet during next the warmer season love to join this time

Comment

That rubber lip, is it the EZ-Lip?

Comment

Working...
                                X