This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
    I'm not sure if my understanding is wrong, but I have found that with gearbox oil, it reaches its optimal point after about 5-8000kms. After both my gearbox fluid changes it seemed to get smoother over time. I changed my fluid at 79000km and it has only just started feeling really smooth. Even spirited drives - and now I'm on 86000km
    you may be right but from my experiences it seems to be noticeable straight away, mine feels the same as it was when i first changed it..
    Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
    When you say it's hard to shift into 2nd, does it feel as if you physically can't shift it? A problem I saw one of my mates have in his DC5R was that some intake equipment like hoses or the box itself was applying pressure on the shifting linkages and bushings so it was resistance you could say during shifting into 5th.
    It can shift fine, but i can feel a slight crunch compared to the smoothness of all other gears
    Hmm, maybe, i do have gruppe m and just recently changed my intake hoses.
    Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
    ^ It can happen especially with the gruppe m. happened to me when i put it back after taking it out to clean some stuff. Fixed it up a bit and now all nice and dandy.
    I should check it out then!
    S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Redline Lightweight Shockproof is pretty good, used it in my first DC5R. I was getting slight crunching when shifting into 2nd but after the oil change that went away!
      Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
        Redline Lightweight Shockproof is pretty good, used it in my first DC5R. I was getting slight crunching when shifting into 2nd but after the oil change that went away!
        Yeah this is what i originally wanted! definitely my next choice, thanks shak
        S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

You'll feel it right away one way or another. I just think it gets better with time. :P

Comment

Car is looking good, and regarding the gearbox fluid give it some time and see if it gets smoother.
            1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
              Car is looking good, and regarding the gearbox fluid give it some time and see if it gets smoother.
              Thanks Peter, yeah hopefully.

No updates on the car lately guys, schools starting to take over
              13 more days til my birthday so hopefully I pass!
              Here's a shot from a recent photo shoot I did
              S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Car is looking good! So jelly of the JDM spec!

Comment

Hey guys, time for another little update..
                  Bought a cheap $50 Tablet to use as my headunit (GPS and everything not bad for $50 haha)

Also changed most of the lights on the car to LED (looks so much better at night!)

I was experiencing idle problems on cold start (rev hunting) and a bit of lag through the rev range so I decided i should clean the IACV and Throttle Body.

Was pretty easy to remove, couple bolts and screws.

Once everything was off I just cleaned it with Throttle Body cleaner..
                  When it was done reinstalled everything and took the car for a drive and wow, what a difference, absolutely no hesitation from the car, i loved it!
                  Also my idle issues from cold starts have stopped

Attended my first meet, ALL Stars Carribean Meet.

Was a good meet just wish i came early so i could actually get a good spot!

The day had finally came the 19th of June, borrowed my brothers rx8 for my test booked for 11.50 and im so glad i did, roads were dead!
                  And, i passed! Quote the examiner said "I was the best driver shes ever had" haha, not exaggerating or anything!
                  Words cant describe how happy i was seriously..

So yeah as you would imagine all i wanted to do was drive and thats what i did, been driving the car non stop
                  Shot from the other night

Stay tuned for more updates, exciting one coming on Sunday
                  Last edited by jdm.itr; 21-06-13, 04:55 PM.
                  S2000 TRACK/DAILY BUILD

Comment

Congrats on your red p's now to stay outta trouble for 3 years haha, nice update always good to see this thread updated becuz jdm dc5
                    BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                    APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                    Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                    NSEX

Comment

congrats man

Comment

Congrats!!! . Man I really need to clean my TB too.
                        Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Nice update and congrats.

You probably drove like a nanny if the examiner said you were the best driver

Looking forward to Sunday !

Comment

Congrats on your P's! It must be a great feeling to not rely on having somebody else next to you when you want to drive somewhere.

RE: your transmission fluid, I think the Red Line MT-90 is touch on the heavy side. See my post here about my thoughts about a 75W-XX based transmission fluid: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...l=1#post251081

As for the Red Line lightweight shockproof fluid, I haven't heard about anyone using it for a prolonged period of time on a K-series gearbox. The two guys that I know that have used it in Melbourne and have kept their cars for a good number of kms after initially using it, have both had to replace their transmissions due to some sort of failures. Do some more research into this fluid before jumping into it. If you're not sure, Red Line MTL will get you back the good-shift feeling.
                            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Congrats on getting your licence guy! I helped Jonathan clean the ICV on your car when he owned it, we must have done a crappy job .

As the owner of a broken gearbox that had been filled with the smurf blood that is Red Line lightweight shockproof, I'd also exercise caution in putting it in a K series box. No doubt it does some of the things that Red Line claim it does, but it still may not be suited to the Honda boxes.

Comment

Congrats mate!

Always good to be able to drive when you want without someone in the sideseat
                                Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

Working...
                                X