Ameer's DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to get the thread to date!

so since i was going to change the colour of the car, i thought i might as well change some body parts. iv always thought the Mugen kit looked the best so thats what i chose... well replica models.. so far these are the only major replica items on the car as the genuine are just too expensive.

so 1x mugen hood , 1 x mugen bumper and some fenders with scoops were orderd and on their way from the US!

When i fit everything on

- the hood was 5mm to the right
    - bumper fitment was atrocious, but because it is only held on by quick release clips it actually works

- the fenders. these did not fit on period! they did not clear the wheel arches and where just completley out of measurment. i was going to throw them into the bin when my dad suggested a crazy idea but he seemed confident it would work. we decided to cut a hole in my stock metal fenders, cut the scoop out of these fiberglass ones, and then fiberglass them togther from inside the fender. and after 3 weekends of sanding and smoothing out it actually worked, and they look better than anything genuine on the market. unfortunatly i dont have pictures of this process

i wanted to change my blinkers to Ferrari ones. i got the idea from some of the imported ep3's out there..

Finnally finishing off the wrap!

and then i Finished!!

and just a random pic that i like..

this is still not up to date, the car looks a bit different to that, and iv been to the track twice already so ill update all that soon. thanks for reading! let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by amee-reb; 06-05-15, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Loving the mugen bumper man, would you mind elaborating on it's fitment? I've been thinking of getting a rep one too as gen is way too OP

Comment

Originally posted by Altocolony View Post
        Loving the mugen bumper man, would you mind elaborating on it's fitment? I've been thinking of getting a rep one too as gen is way too OP
        sorry dude just saw this. its only fitted with quick release style buckles. my car is mostly a track one, and i always like the bumper off when i work on it. makes things easier to get to and what not. in terms of actual fitment, theres a gap underneath both headlights and it doesnt line up all the way underneath the bonnet (where those plastic pop up screws are suppose to go in) how ever its not that noticeable, you get what you pay for i guess. i dont mind the fact that it doenst fit too well... the only real inconvenience with the bad fitment is that you have to take off the bumper to reach your coolant cap, which you dont do so often anyways.

Comment

Have any on track shots?
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

ohh ok thanks alot

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
              Have any on track shots?
              sure do! i need to set up my gopro for some better shots though. these are the ones the circuit club photographer took.

11011675_953890534651613_4043416534502638718_n.jpg11164040_953889451318388_1740076513486186103_n.jpgScreen Shot 2015-08-07 at 3.28.51 pm.jpg
              Last edited by amee-reb; 11-08-15, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Nice progress!
                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                NSEX

Comment

update!

wanted to go to the last circuit club track day! so a few weeks before i put the car up on the hoist to give it its pre track service and walked around the car to check if theres anything that needs attention when i noticed grease built up on the passenger side of the engine bay. my cv boot was ripped and all the grease came out - made a big mess! reason was due to the bottom of the suspension rubbing against the boot.

i also didnt like the shape of my lower ball joints. so i decided to pull the hubs off to change them too. gave everything a nice clean!

headed down to BYP to buy a new drive shaft and hardrace extended lower ball joints, where he told me that since i have the hub off i might as well change my control arm bushings to PCI. this was something i wanted to get done anyway to gain those extra degrees of caster. so i pulled everything off and gave him the hub and control arms to press the bushings in.

after all that was done, i wanted to finally put on my JDM brembos. iv had these for over a year but took my time putting them on as i was collecting all the brake parts i needed so i can install them all in one go.

what was put in

- JDM brembos
                  - Goodridge braided brake lines
                  - Dixcel pads
                  - DBA 4000 t3 S2000 rotors

i also took apart the brembos, cleaned and repainted them

Parts put in

the help that i had...

after all that, i actually made the deadline to the track day however it was sold out! im booked in for circuit club 6th Dec so i cant wait to try the new brake set up! hopefully it gives me much needed confidence to try and push my braking point as far as possible.

how the car is sitting at the moment

Thanks guys. Any input or suggestions is always appreciated
                  Last edited by amee-reb; 03-11-15, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I'll more than likely see you at circuit club in December (Y)

Comment

So tough. Nice work with the brakes.
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

I'm clueless mechanically, but was told to install a prop valve with the brembos.

Have a read of this if you havn't already done so. http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...mbo+prop+valve

Comment

Originally posted by tyk View Post
                          I'm clueless mechanically, but was told to install a prop valve with the brembos.

Have a read of this if you havn't already done so. http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...mbo+prop+valve

no i actually haven't seen this, looks like some good information and makes sense. im going to try and go to the wakefield "speed of the streets" day on Thursday the 19th. This will be the first time i test the new brake set up. If i find it to be worse or not that impressive then ill report back and maybe change the master cylinder and prop valves.

cheers for the heads up!

Comment

Hey man. How'd you end up going on Sunday?

I saw you driving around the pits a couple of times but it was too hot and I was too lazy to come say hi haha

Comment

Working...
                            X