Ameer's DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car looks great!
    How did you do/make the number plate bracket?

Comment

Nice update. Go the GruppeM!
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

thanks!
        pretty easy. get a metal angle bracket as big as ur number plate. (i used two little ones). drill holes in ur bumper where u want the bracket to fit. 4 holes in the angle bracket. 2 to secure number plate. 2 to secure the bracket to the bumper. and then use nuts and bolts to attach.

red is bracket. blue is number plate. cost nothing. i actually just went to bunnings and asked for a small piece of angle and the guy gave me a off cut for free lol. i just cleaned it up with a grinder.

Comment

hey! its been a looooong time since iv done a update.. so now as they have all piled up i thought ill do one big update.

first up i was always annoyed with the dents i had around my car. so i decided to take it to one of those paintless dent removals. i decided on "The Dent Buster" in taren point. basicaly for the fact that he actualy ownes a JDM dc5R that he races in the manufactures championship. (it came first in its class ). so if anyone wants to remove a dent, definatly go to this guy because he knows what his doing! and ask to see his race car!

the deal was i strip out the interior, and he'll give me a better price. so seeing this as a learning opportunity i agreed!

i unfortnualy forgot to take pictures while he was at work or of his car

next up i got a few parts off some members
          - cusco front strut bar
          - blue intake hose
          - hasport rear camber arms
          - innovative front engine mount (absolute B*tch to put in!!)

next up, i finally got around to purchasing some new rims! iv had aggressive CR-KAI's on my old dc5, and even though i loved them, i didnt want to buy a set of rims iv already owned. so i went for what is the most common rim around these days. RPF1's. mainly because their the most bang for your buck!

specs: 17x9 +22 with 235/45/17 tyres.
          Im not really happy with the way the car is sitting at the moment, i need more low. to do that i need to fiddle around to make them fit on the front. that means camber bolts (already installed) and a pair of todd's tie rods (soon to be installed). as for the back all was needed was guard rolling which i done myself successfully without damage

i needed to change my brake pads 2 weeks ago and decided while i was at it, i might as well give the car a early service.

FLUIDS!

all set up!

however! a couple of days after, i came to move my car from where it was parked and noticed a puddle of oil. I WAS SCARED . quickly jacked it back up and discovered the leak was from my gear box. at first i thought it was the drain bolt? i decided to change the washer again but unfortunately no luck. still leaking. then went on to putting thread tape around the bolt but once again had no luck. and it wasn't until then after sitting under the car staring at the drain bolt for 30 mins, that i noticed a small tiny crack right under the drain bolt.. i was devastated.. this is the first major problem iv encountered and so i think im starting to break free of that noobyness barrier (i hope). after a lot of research iv decided to go with the cheap and easy way to fix it. im going to try and patch it up with jb weld as it is a really small crack. however if this fix doesn't work, and i see the first sign of a oil drip, the gear box is going to have to come out so it can be welded.

and finally.. it was time for me to get a daily. iv always loved hilux's. it was the car i learnt on when i had my l's lol! after my dad sold his i wanted my own one. and with all my hard 7 days a week work during the summer, i saved up enough to get one.

i got this from VIC about 3 weeks ago and drove it back. so comfortable! i was loving it. unfortunately however while travelling back home after work last week in the hilux, someone travelling the opposite way decided to turn in front of me without waiting for a safe gap. this negligence resulted in a fatal car crash. both cars are write offs. im still recovering from the accident. thank god im physically fine. i just have to get over it mentally lol. and i hope to be back on the road and get another daily soon... (i hate insurance companies) (i think people over 65 should be tested harder in order to earn driving licenses)

thanks to whoever just read that whole thing^lol
          Last edited by amee-reb; 12-03-13, 10:26 PM.

Comment

also if anyone can give me any advice on this gearbox crack it would be very much appreciated!

Comment

did you get those rpf1's brand new? nice updates
              BNR34 Build [SOLD]
              APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
              Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
              NSEX

Comment

Nice work Ameer!

No wonder we haven't seen you around lately.. Hope all goes well for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery man!
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Re: Ameer's DC5

So sorry to hear about the accident brother. Hope you get better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by wongy View Post
                    did you get those rpf1's brand new? nice updates
                    yep! first set of brand new rims iv ever owned lol

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                    Nice work Ameer!

No wonder we haven't seen you around lately.. Hope all goes well for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery man!
                    thanks shak!

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                    So sorry to hear about the accident brother. Hope you get better soon.
                    thanks mate

Comment

Ameer's DC5

Wow. Glad to hear you're ok!

The car is looking good. Nice mods and wheels
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Ameer's DC5

Thanks felix!

Comment

wow its been a while since iv updated this thread. i dont know what got me so de-motivated but i really do want to try and get back into the car scene again so im going to try and keep this up to date from now on and attending as many meets as i can!

A lot has happened in these two years for my car and my mind set as to where i want to take it. iv always wanted to own a serious race car, but right now im still not good enough to go completely crazy with my build. so for now im just changing the cars looks to what iv always wanted, and modding the essentials such as suspension, and simple bolt ons. having said that im trying to do this by being wise with money! i DONT want a show car or a award winning car. thats does not represent me or make me happy. a car that looks like sh*t but works is more appealing to me than one with a 10k paint job. so i mainly tend to always do the cheaper option and am not phased by brand names, as long as it works just as well.

UNFORTUNATELY iv also lost numerous phones over the past couple of years meaning iv lost a couple hundred pictures of the build! but i have tried to salvage what i can from mates and backed up photos.

First thing first i removed my deck, amp, capacitor, wiring and all speakers. - now at this point i would like to add that my car is no way, shape or form my daily drive as this would be pretty silly if it was. i like my tunes - iv never been a sound system guy in my life, so you can say i was shocked at the amount of wiring that came out of the car. pictured is probably 40% of wiring that came out, plus all 4 speakers, amp and the actual deck, i guess a lot of weight was saved that day.

second - there was a hybrid racing group buy and i opted to purchase their short shifter. it looked like a great kit and you could customise it to your own preference which i dont think other shifters on the market offer. unboxing the shifter was great it was packaged well and came with a few things (including instructions! but who the hell reads those?). there was a tiny bit of damage to it, the housing for the shifter cable was a bit bent, but nothing a plier couldn't fix. my review? OMG THE FRIGGIN BEST! everyone should have one of these!!! shifting was 1000x more enjoyable. there was a MASSIVE noticeable difference in shifting distance. but the feel of it is what sold me. it feels so mechanical and solid that boosts your confidence. the only down side is that the k tuned shifter looks better...

next was FULL exhaust. i was lucky that i found the best for sale at the time. Toda headers - hi flow cat- spoon N1 cat back. the N1 is a lot louder on start up then my old exhaust, which was a fujitsubu power getter, but then it shuts up after it gets warm, until obviously you open it up. all in all - sound is much nicer than the fujitusbu.

while i had the car up i also installed front and rear Whiteline sway bars, and a ASR bar, which im pretty sure is pointless. the car feels solid and gripped to the road. body roll was also noticeably less after these. another definite mod i think for a dc5

finally ( for now) the big up date is that i went with a colour change. i have always wanted a white dc5r. but i didnt want to spend money on a paint job. As i work for a vinyl company and have experience working in the that field, i vinyl wrapped the car matte white even though i work with vinyl we mainly deal with commercial clients, and if i ever work on cars its for advertising. so this was defintaly something new to me and its tricky! one thing that definitely sold me on vinyl wrapping is that as it is a track car, if i ever experience damage - or end up having multiple set ups with bumpers and what not, re wrapping a panel or panels that are different in coluor that were purchased from a wrecker is much cheaper than painting!

thats all for now - im still no were near up to date, but ill get there soon!
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by amee-reb; 09-03-15, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Welcome back Ameer!

I was starting to wonder what happened to you haha.
                            Shak's S2000

Comment

Nice update! When will we see the whole car wrapped?
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                                Welcome back Ameer!

I was starting to wonder what happened to you haha.
                                thanks Shak! good to be back!

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                                Nice update! When will we see the whole car wrapped?
                                the whole car is currently wrapped and finished now. i just need to take some good pictures. maybe today

Comment

Working...
                                X