Shak's S2000

Comment

best MR dc5 ever!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sugz View Post
        best MR dc5 ever!!!!!!!!!!!
        Coz its red [emoji12]

Comment

Paul! The two screws that hold your licence plate to this bracket can chip the paint on your bumper as you're driving. This is because the wind pushes the licence plate backwards into the bumper causing the screw to rub on the paint. I'd recommend fitting a small rubber stopper over the two screws behind your licence plate so if it rubs on your bumper it doesn't scratch anything! I was a bit annoyed when I found out my paint had been chipped because of this a few weeks after my car was re-sprayed

Comment

Originally posted by Beatz View Post
            Paul! The two screws that hold your licence plate to this bracket can chip the paint on your bumper as you're driving. This is because the wind pushes the licence plate backwards into the bumper causing the screw to rub on the paint. I'd recommend fitting a small rubber stopper over the two screws behind your licence plate so if it rubs on your bumper it doesn't scratch anything! I was a bit annoyed when I found out my paint had been chipped because of this a few weeks after my car was re-sprayed
            Or you can just cut the bolts flush with the nut that's welded behind the bracket.
            Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Beatz View Post
              Have already thought of this, was concerned when I first put it on because the Mugen bolts are long as, but I haven't gotten around to it yet because 1. I'm lazy, and 2. The front bar needs a respray anyway so I'm not really too fussed. But thank you for worrying about my paint more than I do! <3

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
              Or you can just cut the bolts flush with the nut that's welded behind the bracket.
              Nooooo! I'm not cutting Mugen bolts!

Comment

Small update while I'm here, I may as well.

I have been on the market for a quieter exhaust as I was running blast pipes from axleback, but didn't want anything too stealth. I have always wanted an Amuse R1 Titan but just cannot throw that kind of money towards an exhaust at this stage of my life... And I didn't want to go back to the bad fitment of the Skunk2 Megapower although it did sound great.

So I recently acquired a new exhaust off someone who posted on the OzHonda and CITR facebook page, they had advertised it as a HKS Hi-Power Silent.

After it was online for about 5 minutes, I pm'd the guy and told him to take down the ads as I was going to be taking it for certain. I checked the Jasma plate on the exhaust and found it was made by Trust/GReddy, same thing really, but could not figure out what kind of GReddy exhaust it was.

Narrowed it down to a GReddy RS or Revolution RS. It was pretty quiet and sounded like a stock DC5 unless it was at full scream. Wasn't my piece of cake, so I got the mid-muffler/resonator deleted.

She is basically at a sound level that I am happy with, exhaust noise doesn't drown out intake noise unless on VTEC and is pretty quiet on idle. She also seems to run better since the new exhaust. Very happy with the outcome. Don't have pics right now but will post some later!

No other updates really, got bird shet on my Voltex, wasn't happy about it, had only recently waxed it too... Damn birds...
                Last edited by Paulieee_R; 12-12-15, 07:04 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Update

So... I got TE37SL's... After I said I wouldn't because they were overdone, especially because Annabelle had just gotten a set... Yes they're the wrong size, I know, but I made it work by raising the rears and aligning it properly, only half a degree more camber on the rears.

I know some of you *cough*Nate*cough* don't like the SL's, but I have to say it, they're the best looking wheels I've ever had on the car, the pressed graphite with the red stickers, just works with Milano Pink. They suit it so well I'm not even mad that they're the wrong size.

And I'm getting new side skirts. Because they're affordable and an Amuse exhaust isn't.

Comment

If you provide me with extra services, we can make that amuse exhaust affordable
                    Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                      If you provide me with extra services, we can make that amuse exhaust affordable
                      This guy...

Comment

Originally posted by Paulieee_R View Post
                        Update

So... I got TE37SL's... After I said I wouldn't because they were overdone, especially because Annabelle had just gotten a set... Yes they're the wrong size, I know, but I made it work by raising the rears and aligning it properly, only half a degree more camber on the rears.

I know some of you *cough*Nate*cough* don't like the SL's, but I have to say it, they're the best looking wheels I've ever had on the car, the pressed graphite with the red stickers, just works with Milano Pink. They suit it so well I'm not even mad that they're the wrong size.

And I'm getting new side skirts. Because they're affordable and an Amuse exhaust isn't.
                        hahaha, just sayin, the amuse exhaust would have been a better investment than new wheels :P but car looks good, as much as i hate you going SL's.
                        BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                        APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                        Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                        NSEX

Comment

So... Dis guy who posted above kept giving me grief about buying Shak's Amuse R1 Titan...

I had been considering it for a while and don't know how I'd be able to afford it. So I decided to just do it and ask questions later.

I just told the hillest boys I was thinking about it while we were having a garage day and they were like. Lets go pick it up right now. So. New exhaust.

It is a completely new sound to me. At the same time. Not too loud that it will cause neighbours to complain. Very happy with it. Thanks again Shak. And to Wongy for pushing me to do it. Zero regrets.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Now we are talking
                            ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

Nice buy! Amuse products are top notch stuff. I'm guessing there is a bit of weigh savings with this new exhaust?
                              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Too bad no Amuse exhaust for EG
                                BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                                APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                                Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                                NSEX

Comment

Working...
                                X