No announcement yet.

MR DC5R Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That wing is stunning. Must have cost you and arm and a leg, but still worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
      That wing is stunning. Must have cost you and arm and a leg, but still worth it.
      hahah yeah it did lol

Gearbox rebuild completed by Steve @ MSC Performance
      Parts Used
      Exedy Sports Organic Clutch
      Exedy Lightweight flywheel
      J's Racing 5.1 Final Drive
      Genuine Honda (Complete set) Bearings and Seals
      TODA Heavy Duty Starter Motor Ring
      TSX 6th Gear
      Replaced Knock Sensor

Received the car today and initial reactions are wow.. amazingly wow....
      Can't get the smile off my face at the moment, the gearbox feels like absolute new and the car starts so easily now with the upgraded Starter Ring.
      Shifting is so smooth right now, it gets so comfortably into gear and the power delivery now with the upgraded clutch, flywheel and final drive is astounding...
      Steve's workmanship is unmatched, I truly have a new local mechanic & tuner for all my work in Melbourne, definitely recommended to everyone.
      I provided 95% of parts and Steve was very accommodating of this which is always a good sign and the best thing was that Steve was really good in me telling if I had a part that was missing to achieve what I was aiming for and was happy to have my car sit there for a few extra days whilst waiting for the part to come via express from the states.
      Even washed my car for me since it was there for a period of 2 weeks..

Kudos to Steve & Joe @ MSC Performance, will have a full review in a few weeks time... at the moment just going bedd the clutch and flywheel in getting it ready for Tampered Motorsports Track Day (Queens Birthday)
      Last edited by MYDC5R; 30-05-14, 07:03 PM.

Comment

So sorry guys.... Been slack.. haven't posted here in ages.

Soooooo here's the latest news....

The car hasn't been sighted for over two months on the streets of melbourne.
        Race Usage and Street usage has taken it's toll and some much needed repairs were needed..... Vibration does play it's part as the DC5 Front bumpers are shocking for mounting points to be honest... but anyway..

Oh and this discontinued item is waiting to go in once the car comes home...

Progress will be abit slower as i have just purchased a brand 2014 Mazda BT-50 XTR for work and as a tow car..

Comment

As a suggestion, would it be worth while to reinforce your mounting points with a steel or aluminium mounting plate?

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
            So sorry guys.... Been slack.. haven't posted here in ages.

Oh and this discontinued item is waiting to go in once the car comes home...

Becuz J's racing :P
            BNR34 Build [SOLD]
            APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
            Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
            NSEX

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
              As a suggestion, would it be worth while to reinforce your mounting points with a steel or aluminium mounting plate?
              I made the comment, but they have assured me this should be fine for the present moment whilst i assess some options for the car over the next 12 months as a full color change towards late 2015 is now on the cards.
              I actually made the suggestion to stitch aluminium strips down from where the mount points we're to spread to vibration through the bumper instead of letting the full amount be absorbed through the mount points, so i will see what they do when i go inspect the car next as they said they had to re-mold the existing mount points and it is a very slow process in getting it right (no doubt here)

By any chance Norm, you got a photo of your mount points on your car ?

Originally posted by wongy View Post
              Becuz J's racing :P
              Bloody oath =D

Comment

So as many may know. Not much has changed over the last 12-18 months as i've been focused on work and getting other things over the line. The car has taken a slight back seat, however i still enjoy it whenever i can drive it.

The only changes that we're made was a set of Advan A050's. 245/40/17 Front and 235/45/17 Rear

So i went to my first track day in well 12 months in March, a tampered motor sport day, safe to say, i took it very easy throughout the day as i was trying to get my driving confidence back from being away from the track for so long..

I attended Exe's Track day this weekend and say to say it was a beautiful day for it. 20 odd degrees, minimal wind and blue sunny skies.
                My previous PB was 1.45 Flat and in the first session of the day i hit 1.42.80, when i was told this by one of the guys in the car bays next to me i immediately didn't believe him because i honestly wasn't pushing the car all that hard.. When i saw the results i was rapt. A good way to start the day is setting a PB in your first session, no doubt the Semi's had played a crucial part in this.
                I did 5 sessions in the day (I didn't stay for another 2 due to work commitments) and out of those 5, i did a PB in 4...
                Was really good being back out there and enjoying the car. There is much to improve on and i'd love to get to 1.3*'s before H Nationals but will see what happened.
                I walked away happy with a new PB for the day 1.41.18
                No damage to the car which is always a good thing and had no issues throughout the day.

A few things i'll definitely be attending to this year:
                Changing the Drivers Seat (What a nightmare this has become on track)
                Re-Tune
                Brake Upgrade
                Different Set of Suspension

Will see what the year brings. Will be around from time to time. Good to be able to post up on here again

Comment

Good to have you back Carl and to see you back out there. Congrats on the PB.

Interesting that you want to Re-tune and purchase new coilovers. What's the reasoning behind this?

Are the OEM brakes not cutting it for you out there anymore?
                  1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X