Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      i like the mugen wing....
      Cheers dude, it's a replica though lol

Originally posted by dcII View Post
      its rob lol
      Oh how fail is that... Sorry rob lol

---

My Universal C Spanners arrived today for my coils which im really happy about so im now just waiting on the igniter so my car can finally come home =)
      Can't wait, should be here tomorrow as the spanners and igniter were sent 1 day apart from the UK!

Comment

Well, just some small news.
        Going to Winton Raceway this Sunday coming for the fun day they have planned!!
        $35 for the whole day!!!! Going be my first day at the track so im planning to just have some fun and enjoy it!!

Got my car back and the rear end now feels INCREDIBLE! Due to the Beatrush C-Pillar & Floor Bar and also with the Mugen Rear Upper Bar... (Will post some photos tomorrow)
        My lovely DC5R seems to do alot of 3 wheelers going up driveways on an angle lol.....

JDM Headlights are in and the HID's are great, can't believe the quality, perfect cut off and it doesn't seem to be blinding anyone at all!
        Very happy with this purchase

Going to book a day for this week to get my Ohlins DFV Fitted and then book a day a Honda to have my major service done so im set for this weekend!

Thats all for now...
        Photos tomorrow.

By the way, special Thank you to Maracer, your help was vital to getting the beatrush products in and another thank you to White R as your assitance with photos like maracer assisted me getting the Mugen Rear Upper Bar in!
        Last edited by MYDC5R; 04-12-11, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Photos of the light output of the JDM hids?

Comment

Will do tomorrow, can't be bothered tonight, sorry mate.

Booked my car in at Suspension City first thing tomorrow morning to fit the coils, then going to Tyre Power North Melbourne for an Alignment then hopefully will enjoy abit of my day then the car is off to Honda so everything is set for Sunday!

Comment

Sounds exciting man!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

I think I saw you driving in the city sometime on the weekend, Friday or Saturday night, along Spencer St. Your car looks awesome man, although it was night the new coat of red still really looked nice ^_^.

I wondering with the replica Mugen wing, is yours heavy? When Bennet had his, you would have to hold the boot open because the boot dampers couldn't hold up the weight of the wing. *Asking because I'm thinking of buying one lol*

Comment

My boot dampers are fine...
                  Had them re-gassed and no dramas? :|
                  But my Mugen Replica wing is quite heavy i must saying... re-gassing the struts was the best thing i did!

Thanks for the comment mate, appreciate it
                  I try look after her as much as i can
                  Last edited by MYDC5R; 06-12-11, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Abit of an update guys!!

Before i go on, i'd like to say a Special thank you to;
                    Maracer and ChargeR as i've had minor problems and there guide has been fantastic!
                    Peachy for the recommendation of a Suspension Workshop
                    JDM Concept for my Beatrush Products, Mugen Product and JDM Visors!
                    Shift Performance for all my fluids plus service parts.

Now lets begin!

Had my Replica Mugen Spoiler repaired!
                    ^^ Don't buy replica parts as this is what happens! The side also know as the "fin" was shacking vibrating side to side pretty badly so i took it to my the panel shop were i got my car done and one of the boys im friends with now personally fixed it with me for nothing.
                    No vibration now in the fin which is good news especially for the 11th December!!

Car is fully back in my hands (as im licensed again), all bars fitted and Ohlins DFV Coilovers Fitted. Had these fitted at Suspension City in North Melbourne and i tell ya what, Peachy your spot on the money! Damian is such a great bloke. The boys there do such a good job, so cheap and are quick! Quality is second to none!
                    Those who are wondering specs of the Ohlins DFV:
                    8kg Front
                    10kg Rear

Driving on dampers maxed all the time, feels great! Nice and stiff! Can't believe how bumpy it is yet still comfortable, well for me anyway... The car handles amazingly that it's a joke! My mate thinks its like a go-kart which is funny lol... Then again he's a much better driver then me.. lol
                    Have had the car raised about 8-10mm to give my rear guards clearance until the new year so i have plenty of time to sort out my rear end.
                    When i first drove the car with these coilovers i completely freaked out, i had never driven a car with modified suspension so this was a complete weird feeling for me to tell you the truth... Best money i've spent i believe!

The Mugen Rear Upper Bar with Beatrush C-Pillar and Floor bar do wonders...
                    I can't believe the quality of these bars, honestly, they have improved my cars feel so much.
                    The car is so rigid and tight when it goes through corners and bends on the streets. The car seems to like doing alot of "3 wheelers" going up steep driveways funnily enough..

Brief Comments on Bars:

Why Beatrush C-Pillar over J's Racing C-Pillar?
                    J's Racing is cheaper, yes but doesn't offer any protection to rear passengers as it goes over the top of the rear seats WHILE the Beatrush C-Pillar goes behind the headrests.
                    No Cutting or drilling required.

Why Beatrush Floor Bar over J's Racing Floor Bar?
                    Beatrush is a more expensive product, quality is typical JDM, Great! But the Beatrush floor bar seemed alot better with mounting points as it bolts underneath the drivers and passengers seats and to the front seat belts. What i mean by bolting under the seats is the the 2 rails closest to the center counsel (Drivers and Passengers) a plate slips under the rails and then the OEM Bolts goes straight down and bolts to the chassis to hold the bar to the car! Ingenious Design!
                    No Cutting or drilling required.

Mugen Rear Upper Bar..
                    Why did i get this when i had already the Cusco Type OS Rear Strut and Beatrush C-Pillar.. Well answer is i saw this huge gap in the middle and also had seen another DC5 with this bar and i thought Hell! That's a great place for a bar! Fitted all in and everything is good.
                    Takes abit more patience this bar, lots of fiddling around, slight cutting is needed.
                    2 people is recommended for this as the rear trims require to be pulled off (not completely) just enough for you to bolt the bar.

JDM Visors for that little extra touch of JDM Love combined with JDM Headlights.

JDM Headlights are an excellent extra modification if you can afford it and if you want to run HID's that don't blind anyone!
                    Haven't had one person flash me back! Gives great output for OEM 4300k and the cut off is like standard AUDM Headlights! Great upgrade and definitely recommended!

Had my 130,000km service done but opted for another 120,000km since my last service was just a minor i did the 120,000km again (Hadn't had the car serviced for 6months and hadn't driven more then 5000km) with additional Braided Lines fitted, New Spark Plugs and new coolant.
                    Most parts i supplied:
                    Royal Purple 10w-40
                    Mugen Oil Filter
                    NGK Iridium Plugs
                    Goodridge SS Braided Lines
                    Motul RBF 600 Brake Fluid
                    Simota Air Filter (can confirm it's a direct replacement for INJEN on DC5)
                    This was all done at Essendon Honda at Essendon Fields. Very happy with the job they did.

Wheel alignment done by the boys at Tyre Power in North Melbourne! Great job and good service!
                    Stetchy and Chris your top blokes, thanks for that i appreciate it heaps!

Best of all, if the weather holds out, im going to Winton Sunday!
                    Definitely looking forward to my first track day out.

Future ideas:
                    Rear Camber Arms
                    Front Camber Bolts
                    Rolled Guards
                    Rear Sway Bar
                    Rear Tie Bar
                    B-Pillar Bars
                    Maybe a new set of wheels too.

I wanna get all my bracing and suspension 100% before i go into engine work as i wanna make sure the car handles well and brakes well before pursuing more power.
                    If something did happen to my motor or something like that then i might skip some sussy items but for now the above is my plans.
                    Last edited by MYDC5R; 26-03-12, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Awesome read and update.. where are the pics?!
                      ClubITR | Like

Comment

im about to buy a replica mugen wing, no go?
                        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                        F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                          Awesome read and update.. where are the pics?!
                          Cause you asked nicely, i will go take some now!

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                          im about to buy a replica mugen wing, no go?
                          It's a yes and no topic...
                          I didn't have any dramas for 12 months?
                          Maybe you might not have problem.
                          Is the "fin" one part is there another piece that needs to go on which needs adhesive to go on?

If so, i would avoid this spoiler, this is what i have, the drivers side fin will be needing repair soon and i hope after that that i will not need to repair the spoiler again but i doubt this will be the case.

My real suggestion is to save and bite the bullet and pay $1800 for a genuine Mugen spoiler. If you don't think it's logical then get the replica that someone is selling on here which looks almost identical to the Mugen Genuine Spoiler.
                          Check the fins on both ends for any weaknesses if possible.

Comment

Yukk stock dc5r wing is best .plus spoilers isnt worth it on a fwd just causes drag but if u plan on track work it might be worth it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
                              Yukk stock dc5r wing is best .plus spoilers isnt worth it on a fwd just causes drag but if u plan on track work it might be worth it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
                              Most people change there spoiler to change apparence of there car, that'd reasoning of a body kit is it not? I do intnd to track my car so I see a need for it but as much as I love the OEM spoiler I prefer the Mugen look instead. Each to there own of course!

Comment

well its going to be a straight swap for my sub and amp. brand new carbon mugen wing, the owner is typeS on this forum, can someone tell me if it's ok?

The car will see the track however i got the sub and amp as a gift, so the wing is kind of free for me. ill get a better wing down the track, what you reckon?
                                1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                                1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                                2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                                F1 Nut

Comment

Working...
                                X