Turn in is amazing car feels like it's on rails
    Only negative would be bump steer

Comment

Nice! Seems like i can get the same camber deg when i get same size tyres
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

So i finally got the car out on the weekend and went for a decent drive.
        Ended up meeting up with Alex and a few of the OzAccord guys for lunch on the central cost.
        A mate of mine had a friend come with us and took some rolling shots.
        Thanks to Ian Burgess for the shots *OMG 5D markIII

Overall, the car is a little bit twitchy.... with max camber and -0.5 toe on the rear, the turn in is a bit aggressive.
        Car feel extremely different from what it was.
        After lunch we hit a section of the Old Pac. It was only at this stage that i was amazed with the handling capacity of the setup.
        I wasn't giving it too much but the car just stuck to the road and i didnt get any of the old...... i dont know, body roll or sluggish late feel in the car.
        The way i would describe it is I can feel what the car is doing straight away. The feedback I am receiving through the steering wheel is good.
        Negatives would have to be the bump steer and slight rubbing over bumps in the road.

Also I have a few things coming up.
        Purchased an 19ROW oil cooler kit for when i install the spoon sump and replacing most bushings on the car.

Here are the pics.

My Pics

Last edited by Timmy_B; 26-09-12, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I love that second shot Tim!

Hmm I agree with u also, aroun the tighter mountain corners that aggresive toe out makes it turn in real quick, like I said at WP it was too twitchy.. then again I do also have the 24mm rear sway bar..
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

we forgot to swap cars for a bit

Comment

What is happening Timmy!?!

Looks goood man.... White regas ftw.

Red + White = Indonesian flag.. Thanks for representing me! =P
              ~~

Comment

<3 rolling shots.
                Looks good guys!

Comment

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
                  What is happening Timmy!?!

Looks goood man.... White regas ftw.

Red + White = Indonesian flag.. Thanks for representing me! =P
                  ~~
                  Yeah she is looking weak atm. Got the EVO8 wheels back on. Trying to save tread for next race day.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  <3 rolling shots.
                  Looks good guys!

Car will be in the workshop for a few weeks in November.
                  Spoon baffle sump
                  Spoon magnetic bolts
                  MFactory Oil cooler kit and filter re-locator
                  Hardrace front LCA bushings
                  Rear BuddyClub RSD bushings
                  RBF600
                  Royal Purple 10-40w
                  Neo Racing Gearbox fluid
                  Kpro tweeks and a few changes
                  Rocker cover gasket kit
                  New rocker cover
                  Valve train adjustment
                  New Accelerator cable
                  Fuel Filter
                  Air Filter

CAMS L2S licence is on its way and 2 more Tire Totes for transport.

Comment

I attended the December 1st Circuit Club trackday
                    Car felt really good. Very happy with the set up on the day.
                    With the current suspension and wheel alignment it felt like it was on rails.

First timed session I went out hard, and was really pushing it.
                    Pushed a 1:15.5 lap and got massive brake fade coming into the turn 2.
                    I had over heated the pad it seemed.
                    I had half a pad at the start of the day and after one session there was not much left.

Going into the next timed session I had horrible knock coming from my front left hand side.
                    Pitted in after 2 laps.
                    Tuned out my suspension had come loose at the base. Lol
                    Missed the end of that session

Waited for the next times session and with great sadness the K20a3 gave up.
                    Was on the main straight at about 170kmh into 4th gear and she went bang.
                    Sucked at the time as I had driven 5 hours in the car and was worries how I would get home.
                    Benny Tran suggested it had bent valves possibly.

After a phone call to my brother and dad they agreed to pick up a car trailer and drive all the way to pick me and the car up.
                    The nice staff and the track gave me a lock up garage to store the car for the night.

It's now in my garage waiting for the motor to be ripped out..........

Oh btw this turned up today..........
                    Last edited by Timmy_B; 15-12-12, 05:03 AM.

Comment

sad to hear =[ wow, new engine already xD shoulda tried to source a jdm k20a whilst the old one crapped itself xD but hope to see this beast up and running again
                      BNR34 Build [SOLD]
                      APB DC5R Build [SOLD]
                      Daily/Track Civic EG Build [SOLD]
                      NSEX

Comment

i got to the first pic of your regas and was like 'why is it strapped to a trailer?'
                        continued reading and like 'what the fck!!!'
                        but then i see a pic of what i believe to be a k24 and i'm like..
                        'you over-rev that fcker all day trying to throw something didn't you?'

just kidding though mate, it's always been a worry for me to, cause i'm like 5 hours from nearest real track
                        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Sad to say it..... But thats racing.
                          There is always the risk of something bad happening.
                          I'm just lucky that the car is undamaged and I am unhurt.

Yes, I always will be "that base model" but now I get the opportunity to start again.
                          Going from pushing a 110kw motor to a 150kw will be a big change and I have a big job ahead of me.
                          However I also said "when the k20a3 blows I will go k24"
                          I don't want to be a liar now.......

Engine is a 2005 K24A3 and it will be a awesome motor to build.
                          Last edited by Timmy_B; 14-12-12, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Re: That Base DC5 {Timmy_B}

Didn't muck around finding a K24 eh! haha again bad luck with the blown motor Tim but as you say that's racing. Looking forward to seeing the progress of the new motor!

Comment

Can't wait for the swap! Hope it all goes smooth for you Tim
                              Shak's S2000

Comment

How "convenient" aye Timmy But I'm looking forward to the results!

Comment

Working...
                                X