X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful!! Keep at it Tim!

http://intunedonline.com/showcase/ma...ece-on-wheels/

Comment

Get a 6 spd in there and watch the times tumble!

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed_DC5 View Post
        Beautiful!! Keep at it Tim!
        thanks for the love

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
        Get a 6 spd in there and watch the times tumble!
        That's the plan.
        The car is at the stage now where it is the only thing holding it back.
        At the end of the day its just the $$$$
        I wanna do it and do it right. I have already planned out my gearing package so the saving continues.

While also having cash for the family and still saving for our house all at the same time. It's just prioritising.
        With a bit of extra cash coming from SpeedRun, I should be able to allocate some towards the car, and maybe write it off on tax

Comment

oh man what a beautiful thing u have there. Sadly im not a big fan of red but definately one of the neatest dc5

Comment

Originally posted by apologize1312 View Post
            oh man what a beautiful thing u have there. Sadly im not a big fan of red but definately one of the neatest dc5
            thanks mate

Comment

been ages since I had an update.

Starting to vlog more and upload the videos.

Interclub Supersprint Prep and broken shit!

Comment

You're a winner Tim - car is looking fantastic
                Moiz
                無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

That comparison to a k20 is crazy!
                  Good work!
                  Now to just get that box in there

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Pretty shitty about the camber arms, just hope these Hardrace ones can hold up a little better.

Yeah the K24 pretty crazy. I am glad I got the opportunity to build one and its pretty healthy

Todd, I been getting some prices on boxes lately. There are some good boxes already built from USA but we are talking about 6-7k landed.
                    There are also a few other options I am currently looking at.

New video is up!
                    Supersprints was awesome to be apart of. very fun day and very relaxed.
                    Shame about the accident that stopped racing for about an hour but still got 3 sessions in.
                    Looking to compete properly next year

Comment

This thread is not yet dead!

Finally found time to get the car back out on the track. Life has been real difficult lately, with a lot of unforeseen changes and challenges that have effected many aspects of my life.
                      Its been a real challenge to find any motivation to push myself. Family being my number one priority has been rewarding but still very tiring with a two year old.
                      All this aside, my mental health needed some reward and I needed to feel like achieving a goal.

Since my last update many moons ago, I have changed my seating position. Using the Recaro base mount, drilling out the slider rail and fixing the Sparco side mount to it. Lowering my seating position and making a fixed rail.

Also one of the biggest changes has come in the 6 speed DC5R gearbox. This box was donated by Alex and I am very grateful to have such amazing friends.

Next on this list was time to upgrade my brakes. Wilwood offered advice on changing from the rotor that comes with the BBK to a Racing Spec37 rotor to fit my dynalite caliper.

I had to add a muffler as well. didn't want to exceed the 95db limit at Wakie.

H Nationals 2018 was such an awesome event. I battled 3rd gear crunches all day and managed to do a 1:10.01 on my last lap in the last session.
                      Very please with this result as 5 years ago I destroyed my motor at wakie and my PB back than was a 1:15.2 (K20A3).
                      With some minor changes, I hope to be back out there soon and get back into racing.

Last edited by Timmy_B; 24-04-18, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed H Nationals. Nice time considering it has been that long you've been to Wakefield. Will you be down for the Winton round?
                        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

It was awesome seeing you back on the track mate! You absolutely smashed that pb!! Hope to see you back at Wakefield in the near future
                          Shak's S2000

Comment

Nice seeing you on the weekend timmy and congrats on achieving your goal time. Hopefully it's not another 5 years before your next Wakefield trip and you get those gearbox issues fixed.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. Means a lot.
                              Yeah would love to make the trip to Winton if all works out.

I don't think I have ever felt that comfortable with the car before. it was very predictable.
                              I do think its time to remove ABS, my good mate Luke with the white CD5 accord is the brake and clutch master. SO I'm sure we can remove the ABS and add a brake bias controller.

I do need to get back out there asap. Starting to plan my next day and now have some ideas on hows the cars setup can change.
                              Damper adjustment is one area I think could have been a touch softer on the fronts.
                              Also a little more angle on the wing for stability into the kink and up to turns 3-4.

As I said, the biggest thing for me was looking 4-5 years ago at the old 'hall of fame' lap times posted on ClubITR. Back in the day when Stevan, Alex, Prash, Andrew, Tom, and Phil Russo and had quick DC5's on street tyres.
                              From memory BYP had a customers DC5R on RS3's and ran a 1.11 or so. These times were all motivation for me to one day aim for.
                              I don't know if recently there is any other decent times worth noting on street tyres (please let me know).

My new goal is to push this car as much as I can with the current setup. Basic aero, engine and gearing the same, same weight (1023kg) on AD08Rs and see if I can't start dipping into the times consistent of those on semi slicks.

Comment

Just a few more laps from H Nationals.

Took the curb a little too aggressive and started to get suspension knock for the next few laps.
                                Didn't help also jumping the curb exit from the fish hook.

Comment

Working...
                                X