No announcement yet.

How often do you use VTEC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you guys hit/ smash VTEC does you car idle strange? as in higher idle rpm, until you've slowed down to a halt in neutral?
    The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Idle strange? I don't think so, if you're in gear and let off the pedal after vtec of course you're in the high revs if that's what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
        When you guys hit/ smash VTEC does you car idle strange? as in higher idle rpm, until you've slowed down to a halt in neutral?
        the engine idle speed for a DC2R should be around 1100rpm whilst you car is not stationary...

you really should change gears though and not just 'clutch-in' after a WOT run...
        ... retired/

Comment

I vtec twice a day.

On the way to work and on the way home.

Daily routine

Comment

VTEC and the associated endorphins release is actually good for your health.

problem is that the more you vtec, the less exciting it is, that is why you keep modifying your car... (for health reasons)

and eventually start pondering; "hmmmm, i wonder what boosted VTEC would feel like?" just to stay healthy!
            ... retired/

Comment

LOOOOL, I'm still pretty excited from mine at the moment, but I'll probably get to that stage at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by khanguskhan View Post
                Idle strange? I don't think so, if you're in gear and let off the pedal after vtec of course you're in the high revs if that's what you mean?
                Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                the engine idle speed for a DC2R should be around 1100rpm whilst you car is not stationary...

you really should change gears though and not just 'clutch-in' after a WOT run...
                What I mean is, I WOT through 1st,2nd and 3rd then ease off the accelerator. Then I put it into neutral and my car idles at 1000-1500rpm dont remember exactly until I come to a compete stop, then it idles normally at 800rpm. I didnt break something did i?
                The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Hmmm, haven't taken much notice to that I shift to 4 then 5 and start cruising straight after WOT 1 2 3 my car has never had wierd idles though.

Comment

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
                    Then I put it into neutral and my car idles at 1000-1500rpm dont remember exactly until I come to a compete stop, then it idles normally at 800rpm. I didnt break something did i?
                    did you read my post?
                    ... retired/

Comment

VTEC and the associated endorphins release is actually good for your health.

problem is that the more you vtec, the less exciting it is, that is why you keep modifying your car... (for health reasons)

and eventually start pondering; "hmmmm, i wonder what boosted VTEC would feel like?" just to stay healthy!

hahaha i like that theory

Comment

Sorry I have a DC5 not a DC2. So I didnt read it carefully. Thanks for clearing it up.
                        The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

can anyone be kind enough to tell me where is the button to activate the VTEC?
                          Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

all day, everyday.

Comment

yup need vtec to keep up with the traffic

Comment

Nelson's post made my
                                Morning.
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...