Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving is never without VTEC !

Comment

Cheers Stevan. Wow this car is one intelligent kit I was mind blown when reverse is locked over 20km/h :P
      1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
      1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
      2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

VTEC is too hard to resist. It's just there ready for it. So I average a VTEC "nip" per drive.

Comment

I vtec every day, sometimes go a bit nuts, bounce limiter in 4th, then it's time to cool down a bit!

Generally don't like driving too hard here in oz, so many cops and cameras around Perth.

Originally posted by noodleman View Post
          everytime im in first gear, cos my vtec kicks in @ 2800 rpm
          Why would you have hi lift engaged at 2800rpm?!
          Makes no sense, at all!

Comment

Never. VTEC is weak on my car anyway, can barely notice anything. Maybe I'm used to a big turbo.

And I drive this car to work in peak hour traffic every day and night - not much chance to get above the speed limit.

And the fact I think I'm getting old - I care about safety of myself and others more than the cheap thrill of driving fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post
              Never. VTEC is weak on my car anyway, can barely notice anything. Maybe I'm used to a big turbo.

And I drive this car to work in peak hour traffic every day and night - not much chance to get above the speed limit.

And the fact I think I'm getting old - I care about safety of myself and others more than the cheap thrill of driving fast.
              Time to buy a Kia mate ha ha...

Comment

Originally posted by Tedman View Post
                Time to buy a Kia mate ha ha...
                I have a 300rwkw FD Rx7. I have brought it to the track.. and to the drags.

I have no need to "VTEC" all around the place on public roads.

TBH.. imo.. if you have a need to see VTEC on your daily drive everyday.. you need to grow up.

Comment

Epic thread revival haha
                  One of my first ever posts above ^^ hahahahaha
                  1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                  1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                  2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                  F1 Nut

Comment

Awesome!

I too have a track car, and I still drive an ITR daily.

I'm also up to my elbows in a med-hi comp b18c engine build which I'm putting into the best EG5 chassis I could find.

I too am getting older (isn't everyone?) but when the time is right, and the roads are empty and no one is around and no passengers, then hell yea I'll Drive the shit out of it, is that not what they're for?!

Cars are for driving, enjoying, and bringing emotions out of a mass produced collective pieces of metal, to be honest, what kind of person buys a hi revving, ridgid chassis, highly strung car to drive it like a granny, and never use it for its designed and intended purpose?
                    To be enjoyed?!

Bit of a kick in the balls to all those designers and engineers that put blood sweat and tears into designing a mechanical masterpiece for you, the consumer, to enjoy?!

If you won't drive it with enjoyment and enthusiasm, sell it on to someone who will love it for what it is.

So I'll repeat, buy a Kia for a daily if owning a Type R is too much of a chore for you, but enjoy the RX7 in its second intended environment...

Comment

I use to NEVER vtec my DC5S when it was in stock form because I didn't want to thrash it (can't notice the VTEC crossover either)... After a few mods got addicted to the vtec crossover and can't stop the urge to hear that vtec everytime I drive haha.

Comment

i never, because luxury auto has none T___T
                        AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by Tedman View Post
                          Awesome!

I too have a track car, and I still drive an ITR daily.

I'm also up to my elbows in a med-hi comp b18c engine build which I'm putting into the best EG5 chassis I could find.

I too am getting older (isn't everyone?) but when the time is right, and the roads are empty and no one is around and no passengers, then hell yea I'll Drive the shit out of it, is that not what they're for?!

Cars are for driving, enjoying, and bringing emotions out of a mass produced collective pieces of metal, to be honest, what kind of person buys a hi revving, ridgid chassis, highly strung car to drive it like a granny, and never use it for its designed and intended purpose?
                          To be enjoyed?!

Bit of a kick in the balls to all those designers and engineers that put blood sweat and tears into designing a mechanical masterpiece for you, the consumer, to enjoy?!

If you won't drive it with enjoyment and enthusiasm, sell it on to someone who will love it for what it is.

So I'll repeat, buy a Kia for a daily if owning a Type R is too much of a chore for you, but enjoy the RX7 in its second intended environment...
                          Rx7 is actually road registered normal car - not a dedicated track car.

Anyway - you've totally missed my point. I drive my Integra to work in peak hour every day and night - hence I said there is no chance to hit VTEC even if I wanted to.

My 2nd point is: those who think they have to hit VTEC everytime they drive their car on busy public roads are a nuisance, danger to themselves and everyone around them and need to grow up.

I don't like Kias, why should I buy one? I drive my Integra to get from A to B and have left it 100% stock for the purpose of it being a daily. Why should I sell it? If I want to enjoy the thrill of thrashing a car around in a straight line or on a track - I bring my Rx7 to the track/drags in a controlled environment. I don't do it where I can endanger others around me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kin View Post
                            My 2nd point is: those who think they have to hit VTEC everytime they drive their car on busy public roads are a nuisance, danger to themselves and everyone around them and need to grow up.
                            Yeah, this is true. There is such a thing as the right time and place.

This reminds me of a dude who gets around Tamworth on a Repsol 1000RR who gives the thing heaps around town in 1st gear all the time (usually wearing things like joggers and jeans), and I just think why, what is the point? The thing does nearly 160 in 1st and he chooses the middle of town to open it up... ?
                            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I use to v-tak errry day!

Comment

Every time I drive
                                Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                                http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Working...
                                X