No announcement yet.

DC5 Aftermarket intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you be able to hear the J's Intake under all that carbon fiber? I am keen to hear it at vtec .

The gruppeM still make a decent amount of noise. Still remember hearing vtec on charger's dc5 over his amuse at Winton. Glorious!
    Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
    "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
    sigpic
    itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
    send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

I mean if its cheaper than the gruppeM id like to see how it compares with it.
      Blaze Orange

Comment

TBH Injen is ridiculously loud. I love it. That being said, my mates dont love it that much when they are in the car.

Ive been in Chargers car at winton, i heard it before i got my own Injen. I tell you the sound was amazing. Whether it be because he has a Powerhouse Amuse Catback or not, it sounded fucking crazy.

GruppeM is quite expensive though, even when someone sells it second hand. It sells very quickly so u gotta be quick. Injen is the best bang for buck. No ifs buts or maybes. J's racing is more expensive than the GruppeM from memory and you do need upgraded engine mounts i believe.

The time has come for you to make up your own mind. There really isnt any more information you should need.

Injen is defectable, but better power for ur dollars. If you dont want that then save up more money so that you can afford something legal without compromising the power output. Simple as that.
        sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

im 99.9% sure i will get the injen (just need to put a lazy 500 coins aside), probably wont even need an exhaust system after the injen fitted =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxEtBaKgNhE - this sound like yours Didz?

thanks for all the advice guys.

Comment

that youtube link sounds pretty nice. and injen is fkn loud i dont think the gruppem is as loud as that
            Blaze Orange

Comment

I think I read somewhere that you can still install the original airbox with the injen intake so when you get inspected, it still looks stock.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                I think I read somewhere that you can still install the original airbox with the injen intake so when you get inspected, it still looks stock.
                yeah there is someone who did it somewhere, i didnt bother as its more weight (pffffft). Probably wouldnt work so well if you had the polished/chrome colour Injen rather than the black one. I havent gotten any attention from police, it could be that my car looks stock from the outside and doesnt have a loud exhaust (Mugen twinloop).

Injen does sound like that youtube clip, only about 5 times louder.

Comment

5 times louder!?

how loud are these damn things haha!! someone needs to post up a video of their integra with injen fitted.

Comment

ill put one up soon, if i get an injen this weekend
                    Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
                      5 times louder!?

how loud are these damn things haha!! someone needs to post up a video of their integra with injen fitted.
                      videos dont do it justice. It can be heard from over a kay away without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
                        5 times louder!?

its good loud.
                        "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

This thread got all too OH for me. Street racing is for jerks fellas.

Comment

Don't street race, shit like this can happen.....

This guy wasn't involved in illegal street racing but rather he was hit by a 4x4 running a red.
                            Back on topic: notice injen location and also red replacement washer bottle.
                            Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                            "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                            sigpic
                            itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                            send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Gruppe M is good

Comment

Originally posted by zhangjing1987 View Post
                                Gruppe M is good
                                Gruppe M is farkin expensive
                                and yes street racing is for bogan falcodore driving mullet wearing knobjockies! lets set a bit of an example guys by being good law abiding road users, you'll be suprised by the lack of police attention you get when your not v-tecing it everywhere
                                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Working...
                                X