Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Aftermarket intake

Hi guys,

I was talking to a guy from Hi-power racing and i was enquiring about getting the M-Gruppe or Mugen intake.. but he was saying i should keep the $950(give or take) and spend it else where as it doesnt really make any difference?

Whats your opinion on this, i was under the impression that an aftermarket intake like mugen etc would do alot

Thanks

it will do a lot in terms of sound improvement. Don't bother getting the Mugen unless you get the front bar to match it. It is pointless otherwise.

GruppeM is a great intake, looks the goods and gives you more than just a better sounding induction.

What do u want? more power? if so, what for?
    If you want your car to faster around a race track then better tyres/suspension will give you much better gains than the Intake.
    If you just wanna be faster in a straight line, then again better tyres/suspension/clutch and flywheel will be a better wayt no spend your $950
    Note that you will probably need more than 950 bucks to do any of these properly :P

This is all my opinion. :P

I personally have the Injen Cold air Intake for my DC5R and it sounds awesome. The dyno graphs will tell you a rough 7kw atw gain which unless you're super dooperly awesome, you wont feel that much at all.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

If you are quoting the fellow from Hi-Power Racing verbatim then he is incorrect. An intake such as the Injen CAI is the best power modification available for a DC5 in terms of kW/$. As Didz says power gains can be around 7kW at the wheels which is a significant amount.

Gruppe M or Mugen will also see decent gains but the ratio of kW to dollars is not so good .

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post

I personally have the Injen Cold air Intake for my DC5R and it sounds awesome. The dyno graphs will tell you a rough 7kw atw gain which unless you're super dooperly awesome, you wont feel that much at all.
        Are the Injen as costly? also where could i get one?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          If you are quoting the fellow from Hi-Power Racing verbatim then he is incorrect. An intake such as the Injen CAI is the best power modification available for a DC5 in terms of kW/$. As Didz says power gains can be around 7kW at the wheels which is a significant amount.

Gruppe M or Mugen will also see decent gains but the ratio of kW to dollars is not so good .
          7 extra kws would be sweet!

Comment

im also hoping the fujisubo RM01A exhaust will improve performance..

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
              Are the Injen as costly? also where could i get one?
              http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=injen+cai

- Project R -

Comment

Thanks vippy.

Comment

Rudi are you bored at work again.....

as didz mention.....unless you have an aftermarket front bar....dun get mugen intake coz it will still sucking hot air from ur engine bay.....Gruppe-M is great but as ChargeR said the kw/$ is not as good as injen.....best budget is mod ur stock airbox with some aftermarket filter such as mugen, trust, spoon....etc....
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post

as didz mention.....unless you have an aftermarket front bar....dun get mugen intake coz it will still sucking hot air from ur engine bay.....Gruppe-M is great but as ChargeR said the kw/$ is not as good as injen.....best budget is mod ur stock airbox with some aftermarket filter such as mugen, trust, spoon....etc....
                    hahah get me out of my office..
                    lol. i got nothing much to do today, so just to help out..

and thinking of where to bring my car to fix
                    - Project R -

Comment

Originally posted by [Type_S] View Post
                      im also hoping the fujisubo RM01A exhaust will improve performance..
                      A catback by itself will provide very little gain. If you want power out of a catback, best to save up and get some Headers as well.

Keep in mind that if you get headers, you will need get a JDM EP3 front sway bar as well. Headers wont go on the car with the stock sway bar.
                      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post

i didnt even think of this..

might just put some money aside for the injen intake, although not sure about the orange box it comes with, might paint that black?

Comment

orange box? If you are talking about the washer bottle then you won't be able to see it unless you ride around without a frontbar.
                          I have injen and like it a lot. I am ricer and only got for it for the noise
                          Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                          "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                          sigpic
                          itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                          send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

ahhhh ok.. sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                              A catback by itself will provide very little gain. If you want power out of a catback, best to save up and get some Headers as well.

Keep in mind that if you get headers, you will need get a JDM EP3 front sway bar as well. Headers wont go on the car with the stock sway bar.
                              Sorry to hijack your thread mate

hey just interested in what you are saying.. but im thinking of getting some maximworks headers and im pretty sure you shouldnt have to change the stock swaybars?? what about toda headers?? this is for a dc5r btw

thx

Comment

Working...
                              X