Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber Arms for DC2R

Hi guys

Are any of you DC2R owners running front and rear camber arms?

I am thinking of getting front and rear camber arms to complement my coilovers to be installed soon - looking at the Buddy Club Front and Rear Camber arms and was also recommended the MFactory ones which Toda Aust stock (Only Rear Camber Arms). Any opinions on camber arm set ups on your DC2R? Is it better to have both front and rear camber arms installed.

Also, what are your thoughts on having just the rear camber arms installed and none out the front?

Thanks
    Daniel

well, why do you think you have a camber issue that needs to be corrected by camber adjusters?

this will help us answer your other questions...
    ... retired/

Comment

Knowing you man... you'll want to lower the car a bit. Right? And you track a fair bit, Right?

By doing this you'll get alot of Negative camber, more so, alot more rear negative camber than wanted.

Especially with your new Cusco rear sway bar... I will have to predict that your car will understeer ALOT. (This is what happened to me, but i'm still using stock sway bars). This is bad, right? Some people prefer it... but from what I have experienced a DC2R is quickest and most fun when the back end is hanging out, and you are sliding all over the place - controlled though. Wheel alignments play a big part of this. Some Toe OUT at the rear, makes the car heaps more enjoyable to drive (IMHO).

Do you understand why it would understeer though? Can you picture what will happen, taking into account tyre contact and the body roll, because of too much neg camber at the rear opposed to the front?

I am using the Cusco REAR Camber arms only - to straighten (put more positive camber on the rear wheels). I chose, Cusco... because as you know i'm a brand whore / blinger LOL. I have heard BuddyClub / Skunk2 are fine for the rear, but for the front Indy @ ISMR told me to use ONLY Cusco, as they lock into place and don't move like the BC ones (This could be crap... but just saying what I was told, and I don't have either, nor trialed either). The car is now alot faster, and way more fun to drive. I haven't bothered with the front adjusters yet... as I don't think I need to. It's a street car right? Take your time.. and play around with stuff. You'll find what feel right for your driving. Don't take peoples (or my) advise seriously. At the end of the day, everyone has their own tuning ethics.

Just my 2c... hope that helped you.
      Last edited by VTECMACHINE; 11-08-08, 12:55 PM.

Originally posted by ChargeR
      Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
        Do you understand why it would understeer though? Can you picture what will happen, taking into account tyre contact and the body roll, because of too much neg camber at the rear opposed to the front?
        your car understeers due to negative camber on rear??

wow!??

by understeer do you mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Understeer
        ... retired/

Comment

Bigger rear sway bar will increase over steer, not under steer.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
          Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
            Bigger rear sway bar will increase over steer, not under steer.
            yes, of course it will,

but it seems Ric is talking about the camber increasing understeer...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              yes, of course it will,

but it seems Ric is talking about the camber increasing understeer...

I shoulda quoted ricksta

Especially with your new Cusco rear sway bar... I will have to predict that your car will understeer ALOT.
              Thats what I was referring to.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
              Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

ahhh yeah, good point - then methinks he does actually mean "oversteer"...
                ... retired/

Comment

Don't take peoples (or my) advise seriously. At the end of the day, everyone has their own tuning ethics.

Just my 2c... hope that helped you.

I just noticed something posted by ricky lol.

He psots a thesis on what he recommends and then says not to take his advice? lol.

WTF you doign rick !!!

Comment

Yes I meant UNDERSTEER. Not oversteer.

I tried Cusco rear sway bar... and it Understeered alot. So got rid of it. The J's racing guy also agreed with me, when I told/asked him about this. I don't get why people say it makes a car oversteer?

When you lower the car, you get more neg camber at the rear than the front. This then makes the car understeer.

Look this is from what I have played around with, and what I have done, and what has happened to me. My rear is pretty braced (rigid) aswell, so maybe that's what makes it understeer. I knew people would say the opposite, so that's why I said not to take my words 100%.

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

can you explain what you mean when you say understeer please?
                      ... retired/

Comment

Lack of traction on front wheels, and sliding forward and not being able to turn in.

Comment

First pic didn't work.

Comment

Comment

oh well, i guess sometimes things just dont follow the accepted theory...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X