No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i used to have a set of EBC Green Stuff pads in my old pulsar they pulled up great just had to get a hell of alot of heat into them before they had any real bite...anyone here got Bendix SRT in there cars ? im intrested as to weather there any good

Comment

just read eg30s thread that sucks....what pads do yous recommend ?

Comment

Originally posted by zainess View Post
        plus Titanium Brake Shims
        where can i get them? any application for dc2r? or stainless steel one, heat transfer rate of Ti and SS is about the same

Comment

anyone know the price on some RDA Slotted rotors for a dc2r ?

Comment

how did u get the EBC Reds so cheap :S

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
              Just try all the normal retailers champ. Burson, Repco etc. should be able to sell you RDA rotors at a decent price.

Comment

bought mine off a fren who owns a brake shop for $140/pr close to 2 years ago for our dc2r, and bought another pr for my eg about a year ago for about $155/pr. There are a few traders on ozhonda that sells RDA proucts.
                Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

got quoted $180 for a pair of slotted for the dc2r... rda said there is only one set in australia atm! located in perth ...pretty crazy

Comment

got quoted $180 for a pair of slotted for the dc2r... rda said there is only one set in australia atm! located in perth ...pretty crazy
                    If you need them you better order them soon then, or have to wait till their next shipment from thailand or pay a lot more for a set from DBA.

Comment

Brand: Ferodo Formula ( TS2000 )
                      Car: Civic EG B16a - 282mm dc2r brakes
                      Application: Mainly track
                      Price: $120
                      Verdict: Poor man's DS2500

Comments: These were bought as backup pads in case I was caught between availability of proper track pads. Had to use them when my DS2500 was too thin to use for last weekend's track sprint day. They are made in thailand rather than Italy and much cheaper than the DS2500 and have more brass chunks in the material than the DS2500, with a 0.45 co-efficent compared to the DS2500's 0.50 and I've been told it works really well with heavy cars.

The certainly lack the initial reassuring bite of the DS2500 on light cars like ours, but pedal still firm and pad material is a tad less compressible than the DS2500. Retardation is surprisingly linear. Got the rotors up to 400-450C and done my PB on them and no signs of fade. Easy to bed in and only slight smoke/burnt smell on the 1st hard sets of stops on street and 1st hard stops on track.

For those who are used to and prefer bitey pads for streets you might find them too numb for your liking, but for those who likes to smash the middle pedal on long braking zones on cars w/out ABS this pad does offer something different.

I'll keep running these pads for my track events until I found something new to try, ie Bendix SRT, Bendix RACE and Prj Mu HC+ depending on price and avail.
                      Last edited by EG30; 08-07-09, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Finally got an answer from Bendix about about a one off batch of SRT pads, they said minimum qty is 30!

So there goes the plan, I'll try the QFM pads next, they recommend the COMP2 material for light cars with a friction coe of 0.37-.038 from cold to hot.

Will let you guys know once I've done a event with them, they are made to order and I should get them in about 5-6 weeks.

Comment

Brake Pads Thread

So after whipping my 02 wrx wagon on Montreal streets and parking lots after big snow falls and close calls with snow banks..

i think this is what happened I over-pressured my brake lines using hitting the brake too often and too hard in the snow with the abs struggling..

E-brake light came on about 2 weeks ago and recently the brake pressure fell out and Im hitting the end.. if you know what I mean..

I lifted the car the other day and it turns out my calipers or just brake lines are frigged and what I thought was pad replacement is actually a 4-caliper purchase and installment.. since brake fluid is leaking from the calipers or lines..

I dont have a lot of money and was frustrated to hear that I would need to spend 800 in the shop.. so i said frigoff and drove home very carefully.

the braking system is not old - i purchased new rotors, new calipers and new pads within a year and half tho I drive it too hard.

Anyone have recommendations where to buy new calipers that are good better this time quality but inexpensive if this is what i even need..?

sorry for the long post.

Comment

I got some ferodo brake pads for the front... but so did my friend for his EG.... what is the part number for the DC5 lol?

DB1286GP

OR

DB1259GP

Thanks.
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                              I got some ferodo brake pads for the front... but so did my friend for his EG.... what is the part number for the DC5 lol?

DB1286GP

OR

DB1259GP

Thanks.
                              which ferodos playthung? For the DC5R and S2000
                              DS2500 is FCP1444H

Comment

I dunno, those two numbers i lsited above are the different pads i got.
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X