No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this stage B spec are looking good for me. good price at OTR and seem to be a great upgrade over OEM
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

BRAND: Project Mu Type HC+ 0-800, dba 4000 slotted rotors
      CAR: DC5R
      APPLICATION: track/street
      PRICE: $220 front
      VERDICT: 8/10. Haul's ass. Squeals quite a bit on the street but goes away after a propper bed-in at the track. Awesome initial bite. Wears fast, only 3 trackdays before they had nothing left.

BRAND: Carbotech XP10 100-900
      CAR: DC5R
      APPLICATION: track/street
      PRICE: $220 fronts
      VERDICT: ?/10. Hauls ass, feels pretty much the same as type HC+ but seem to take less time to warm up before they start to bite. Only bedded in on highway with two sets of high speed stops. Squeals the same on street but haven't bedded in on track yet. Decided on these to see if they last longer. Will update after next trackday.
      Last edited by andrew84tran; 13-03-12, 06:19 PM.
      eckoflyte

Comment

carbotech are my next set... thanks for the review

was thinking XP8 on my DC2...
        ... retired/

Comment

GF's DC5 (Base/facelift) may need new rotors/pads soon.

1. If the DC5R and DC5 Base calipers ARE NOT the same, can you use a DC5R/S rotor to a Base caliper?

Front Rotor Sizes
          02-03 EP3 (4 lug): 262mm, 10.3"
          04-05 EP3 (5 lug): 262mm, 10.3"
          02-06 RSX-S: 300mm, 11.8"
          02-06 RSX base: 262mm, 10.3"

Rear Rotor Sizes
          02-03 EP3 (4 lug): 260mm, 10.2"
          04-05 EP3 (5 lug): 260mm, 10.2"
          02-06 RSX-S: 260mm, 10.2"
          02-06 RSX base: 260mm, 10.2"
          Last edited by plAythiNG; 16-03-12, 07:34 PM.
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

After alot of reading. Most of you recommend Ferodo DS2500. Is this just on the front, Or all round. Also DBA 400 was recommended for front disc. What about the back.
            Thanks guys
            sigpic
            128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Back leave stock. No need for aftermarket.
              eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                Back leave stock. No need for aftermarket.
                This is true. Our cars don't really use the rear brakes much, so you can upgrade if you like but I wouldn't say there's the biggest need. I've been running stock rotors and some aussie brand pad I forgot the name of and I still have plenty of meat all round at the rear, and these have been in for the last couple of years!

Comment

Yeah just throw in anything u can find thats cheap.
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

S2k pads the same as dc5 for fronts?? Back pads are same I know that much..
                    FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      Yeah just throw in anything u can find thats cheap.
                      guys, before you go telling him stuff like this - why not find out what sort of racing he will be doing?
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by mrntegra View Post
                        S2k pads the same as dc5 for fronts?? Back pads are same I know that much..
                        Fronts are the same pad number.

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        guys, before you go telling him stuff like this - why not find out what sort of racing he will be doing?
                        Good point! I think most of us assumed it was just normal club day stuff, but if you're going more hardcore definitely look into upgrading all round! Also will depend if you're running an after market brake kit too.

Comment

Its a week end car. And track a couple of times a year.. Any info tinkerbell? Dont care if harsh, noisy or what every. Cars for fun. Not daily
                          sigpic
                          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

ds2500 will be fine... just get them all around... keep it simple.

plus get RBF600 fluid and a full flush & bleed done...

and break the pads in properly - this is the most common cause of poor brake pad performance...
                            ... retired/

Comment

Tinkerbell, Question. how many bottle of 500ml do you need for a full flush? And it says its for dot 4 when our car requires dot 3. is that ok. thanks
                              sigpic

Comment

Dot 4 is just a higher rating. Our cars require dot 3 minimum. It's fine to run dot 4.

From memory it's like 3L
                                Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                                http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Working...
                                X