No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another feredo DS2500 user here. No fade at all.
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Built. Tuned. Driven
    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

my endless sss squeels alittle when stopping slowly at trafffic lights. but i just got it in for a day or two. maybe after bedding in it will go away.

Comment

DC2R
        ENDLESS TYPE R Pads F&R
        These pads are very impressive they work from cold and dont fade.
        some brake dust as you expect that cannot be avoided.

would suit anyone with a DC2 looking for a pad that will work on the street and be excellent on the track.

I bought them thinking they would be horrible when cold,squeal, eat brake discs,wear quickly and the handbrake never to be effective again.
        (was looking for a track only pad at the time)

they do none of these things
        excellent in every way

Comment

Hey guys,

I've been using Project Mu brake pads since I bought my DC5R and they have served their purpose however like everyone else has been saying, the dust build up is crazy. I'm after a new set of pads for next Wednesday as I'm looking to compete in the sprint races at QLD Raceway (anyone else going?). Most of the time I'll just be using the car for daily street driving but I'd like a pad that will hold up on the occasional track day as well. I've looked up most of the sets discussed for the DC5R but does anyone have an opinion on the spoon pads?

http://www.nengun.com/spoon/brake-pads

I need to buy a set of pads ASAP in Brisbane. Can anyone tell me a dealer who sells Ferodo DS2500 pads or even if they are compatible for DC5Rs. Most user reports point me in the direction of buying these pads. Thankyou, Jayden
          Just Hit VTec Yo!!

Comment

Brand: Endless, Type R Pads 0-650 heat range
            Car: Honda DC5 Type R
            Application: Winding & Circuit
            Price: $250

Comments:
            - the brake 'feels' are always impressive from endless if you used their pads before
            - they works great right from cold at your step of your garage till the 'touge' twisties =) and still don't fade.
            - bit of brake dust, but that's what you get with performance pads, can't be aviod
            Last edited by Tiu; 19-04-08, 09:25 AM.
            '03 Integra DC5 Type R
            Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
            Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
            Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

hey guys,
              anyone tried project mu ns? need a set of rears soon. i might get a pair off the dealer on ozhonda for 140 - how would this compare to say oem in terms or quality and price?

Comment

Yup, after running in my Endless SSS. The sqeeling is gone but i have alot of brake dust. They dont eat discs and are quite good at stopping i would say. Overall not bad, only thing is.........i got white wheels which are black after 2 drives only!

Comment

haha cool i have SSS in the front OEM in the rear atm. Brake dust shouldn't be a prob, I got matt black rims.

Comment

Brand: Spoon
                    Car: Accord Euro
                    Application: Street/track
                    Price: I think it was around $250 from Proconcept

I used to have feredo DS2500 on my old EG. Spoon doesn't seem to be as grippy as the ferodo, but I'm guessing its because of the weight difference between the 2 cars... Been to wakefield with the euro and I can do full 7-8laps and no brake fade and seems to do the job.. car weight almost 1.5ton with me in it so does well

Comment

Brand: Race Brakes RB74 (front) and Race Brakes comp 2 (rear)
                      Car: Honda Civic EK and Nissan GTIR
                      Application: street mainly
                      Price: $160 a pair

little dusty but great stopping power, just needs a little heat to get them up to temp.
                      Would be great to hear how these compare to the more expensive brands.

Comment

Originally posted by jrzila View Post
                        little dusty but great stopping power, just needs a little heat to get them up to temp.
                        Would be great to hear how these compare to the more expensive brands.
                        the pads stop like expensive ones, but chew the rotor too hard, give off loads of dust crap and fall appart if overcooked too often... (that is just my experience...)
                        ... retired/

Comment

Thanks, I may need to try a different brand next.

Comment

hey tinker, are the db2500 harsh on the rotors?

Comment

no.
                              ... retired/

Comment

Hey can someone tell me the part number for Ferodo DS2500 to suit AUDM dc5r (fronts)

having imense trouble finding it.
                                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X