Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Didz View Post
    Hey can someone tell me the part number for Ferodo DS2500 to suit AUDM dc5r (fronts)

having imense trouble finding it.
    FCP1444H

send your thanks to Temp for looking on the box for you =P
    Memorable quotes

Originally posted by Q_ball
    some say, his vtec was switched off on his last 4 outings at wakefield....

and that his foot comprises of only a heal and a toe...

all we know is hes called The Perry!!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if those HA's are 7k old - i will eat my own arsehole...
    A wise man once said "Tok like Gay better than been like gay"

Originally posted by Wayne
    Never again complain about a honda's reliability just be glad you dont own an Alfa

Comment

Thanks Temp!!!! And Wayne!!
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

getting mugen type S pads chucked on and test at winton. will give you opinions soon

Comment

With the DBA4000 discs, what would be the best pads to go with them?

I was considering Dixcel Type M.

Does DBA recommend pads?
          "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

no, you need to find pads that match the intended driving style, not the discs!

once you decide on the pads, then you decide on discs...

(but luckily the DBA4000's work very well with most semi-racing pads)
            ... retired/

Comment

I see;

Well, I was after a pair of pads for a daily drive with the occasional spirited drive/track day.

I dont wan them to eat the disc. (Grey brake dust?)

Comment

there are quite a few opinions on occasional spirited drive/track day pads in here: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=290
                ... retired/

Comment

just added review of endless type-r pads to my original post..
                  "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

anyone know the temperature range of the OEM DC2R Pads?

Comment

I've just come from Endless CCX on my evo 9....

Great pads, good temperature range, good stopping power. Quite linear braking.

Squeal a little on the street, dust quite a bit.

They eat stock rotors for breakfast.

Only other complaint is that they only lasted 2 track days and a year of daily driving.

(Have bought some Endless CCRg as replacements)
                      Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                      http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

Interesting. Seems the D2500 is quite popular and I personally have gone through two sets myself. To me this pad will always be a street performance/slight track use pad which I really liked.

After the two sets if DS2500 i swithced of to a set of PMU Level 500 Max (all round) and the difference was immense. The initial bite and the stopping power.

I guess this was to be expected as the DS2500 is a silent relatively rotor friendly pad where as the Lvl 500 is a rotor muncher squealing bitch.

Recently I just put in a set of DS3000, will be interesting to see how that goes (it squeals tho)

Comment

Originally posted by TeMp View Post
                          Interesting. Seems the D2500 is quite popular and I personally have gone through two sets myself. To me this pad will always be a street performance/slight track use pad which I really liked.

After the two sets if DS2500 i swithced of to a set of PMU Level 500 Max (all round) and the difference was immense. The initial bite and the stopping power.

I guess this was to be expected as the DS2500 is a silent relatively rotor friendly pad where as the Lvl 500 is a rotor muncher squealing bitch.

Recently I just put in a set of DS3000, will be interesting to see how that goes (it squeals tho)
                          I'm very keen to hear how you go with the 3000s! 2500s are pretty soft in terms of performance. Are you using stock brake lines? What about fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                            I'm very keen to hear how you go with the 3000s! 2500s are pretty soft in terms of performance. Are you using stock brake lines? What about fluid?
                            Since Vin Vin is hopefully working and I am mind-numbingly bored I will answer for him . He is using Goodridge braided lines at all four corners and Penrite Sin fluid. He has plenty of track kilometres on a variety of brake setups so he should be able to give a good review of how they perform .

Comment

We are using DS2500. They do tend to wear rather quick, now onto 2nd set of pads after a few trackdays.
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Built. Tuned. Driven
                              Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                                We are using DS2500. They do tend to wear rather quick, now onto 2nd set of pads after a few trackdays.
                                They wear quick alright, wore much faster than I expected and the EBC yellow I had before lasted at least 20-30% longer with more pedal feel.

On the plus side they were dead quiet on my eg with 282mm u/grade with DB1206/ ferodo FCP905H pads, dust wasnt too pad and much easier to clean than say bendix ultimate and v gentle on rotors for a semi race pad.

Done about 60-80 hot laps on the track to go from brand new down to the thickness of the backing plate.

With a fair bit of taper wear on some of the pads due to the single piston caliper design and width of pads the pad life is effectively worse than it should.

I'll be switching back to the EBC yellow, or try the new Bendix race compound just released for the 1206 pad that is meant to be super good and linear with great pedal feel.
                                Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Working...
                                X