• Time
  • Show
Clear All

backing plate = the back of brake pad?

Comment

Originally posted by K.C. View Post
      backing plate = the back of brake pad?
      Correct.

Put the side of my track pads against a steel straight edge and you can see how mine bow in the middle (where the caliper pushes against it). Doesn’t meant that it happened at my last track day. My brakes have felt NQR for the past couple of track days. New pads look like the short term solution and better calipers look like the long term solution.
      Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

These look alright...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/MUGEN-BRAKE-P...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Initial thoughts on the pads... very very nice... when i got them, my mechanic had already done the primarybed in, but told me to take it easy for the first 100kms.

On the way home i was a bit concerned as the pedal was spongey and it didnt give me the instant confidence i was used too with the OEM pads.

However, as they warmed up and i got closer to home, i started to feel how responsive they were, and the actual stopping power was much improved.

I havent heard any squeal, or any noisiness at all, as far as im concerned i didnt buy my car to enjoy classical music, so its pretty noisey already. But having said that the only noise i heard was that slight shuddering noise as your coming to a complete stop when travelling slow, kinda like they were glazed, and that was late at night on my way home.

I havent given them much yet, but i can already tell that they are going to be awesome on the track, cant wait to get out there!

The discs look great, even though the OEM ones weren't warped as it turns out, so i'll just flog them later, and see how the car feels on the track with the discs, and also report on the ELF brake fluid

All in all, i think they are a great thing thus far, and also Tony from Vsport was a geat guy to deal with, he delivered the pads to my mechnic personally, and when he discovered the rears were the wrong ones, he had the right ones to my mechanic within 2 hours, personally delivered.

Good trader, great price, great products.

Stay tuned

Comment

I'm reading your post and it's telling me that you got new discs and pads at the same time right?

What discs/pads if you don't mind me asking

Comment

hmmmm i shoulda been more specific... DBA 4000 up front, Ferodo DS2500's all round

Comment

do you reuse the brake pad shims?

question for all:
                does the brake pad shims come with the oem pad attached? (or they are separable from the oem pad and available to be bought seperately?)
                oem brake shims compatible with most aftermarket pad?

Comment

shims should fit aftermarket pads as the pads are the same shape as originals. I am using DS2500 and are using oem shims

Comment

same here

Comment

are u going to keep the pads 24/7 ie daily and track, or changing back to oem for daily use? also, what brake fluid are u guys using with these brake upgrades, and is honda oem brake fluid sufficient for once in a while track use but predominately daily driving?

Comment

mine are in 24/7... i swapped to ELF fluid

Comment

Originally posted by air23box View Post
                          Mugen Type S is quiet good......give you better bite over oem pads for street driving........while I use them on track they last 5 hot laps without fading......which really suprise me.......I use them for both track and street...low dust and low disc wear......and not expensive.....I can hook you up with some good deals....
                          from what i know the mugen pads type s pads are 100-650 degrees, is it hard to warm them up? because on my old euro, i always had pads which started from 0 so didn't really need to warm them up, now on my dc5r if i get pads which starts from 100, how long would it take to bring up the temp?
                          '03 Integra DC5 Type R
                          Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
                          Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
                          Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

um...I dun think you really need to warm them up....I dun feel any different when its cold compare to oem...but it just last longer and bite harder.....
                            Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                            1)ブレーキを踏む
                            2)クラッチを切る
                            3)シフトダウンしなから、
                              アクセルをぶかす
                            4)クラッチをつなぐ
                            :blah:
                            インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                            人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Integra DC2R
                              Pads: Bendix Heavy Duty.
                              Rotors: Stock
                              Fluid: Honda OEM Brake Fluid
                              Price: $170 pair/fitted.

Pretty damn good, got the rotors machined aswell and car pulls up alot quicker. Im not sure if they are a metal compound though, if so..

DBA slotted rotors are next

Comment

Integra DC5R
                                Caliper: K-Sport 8 pot
                                Pads: Front: Ferodo DS 2500 for the Harrop 6 pot caliper
                                Rear: Endless SSS
                                Rotors: Front: K-Sport 300 x 32mm
                                Rear: OEM
                                Fluid: Endless RF 650
                                Price of pads: Front: $480 delivered
                                Rear: $260 delivered

I was disappointed when I went to buy the Endless pads for the front, as they would have to be a special order item in the SSS spec, along with taking around 5 weeks to be made and shipped... but also that they would cost over $550 + shipping.

I had heard great things about these pads, but opted for the Ferodo DS2500 as they were $100 cheaper and were in Sydney ready to ship overnight.

I had the new brake setup fitted on friday but only got to bed them in last night on the freeway.

My first impression was that they stop HARD.... VERY HARD! I was pulling up from 110kph so quickly that it really caught me by surprise, with the ABS kicking in quickly, even though I had a new set of Bridgestone RE55S fitted the same day. This was on only about 85% pedal pressure. So to continue the bed in properly without the ABS jumping in, I had to reduce it quite a bit.

After the bed-in, I let them cool down for about two hours, then went for a long, spirited run on a private mountain road.

Even pushing the car as hard as it would go for 15 or 20 minutes, I barely felt any fade at the end of it. And that was only just at the very end of the run.

The Ferodo DS 2500 and Endless SSS pads are amazing and well worth the money!

I only have the OEM pads to compare these to, which are no comparison (duh)

Comment

Working...
                                X