No announcement yet.

Brake Pads Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the response, what are you using now?

Comment

Originally posted by B4rad View Post
      Thanks for the response, what are you using now?
      Using remza pads with slotted and dimpled rotors (the brembo pads ruined my stock rotors after 15k)

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Hi guys, think its time for me to change brake pads. Getting harder to brake.. What kind of pads should I go for eg, bendix, oem,? I mainly use the car for street use so nothing too hardcore and I'll also be using stock rotors. Integra DC5 Type S 06. Also, do the DC5 Type R and Type S use the same pads?

Comment

Type r and s share the same brake parts same as ep3
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
            Type r and s share the same brake parts same as ep3
            Thanks Alex, anyone got suggestion of what brake pads I should go for? And a place that can install them (just not too expensive).

Comment

I been using ferodo ds2500 ever since upgrading from honda oem. Havent looked back. $190 for the fronts. Cheap imo. Can be a bit dusty but im sure there are alot of more dusty pads oit there. These last awhile too!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                Hi guys, think its time for me to change brake pads. Getting harder to brake.. What kind of pads should I go for eg, bendix, oem,? I mainly use the car for street use so nothing too hardcore and I'll also be using stock rotors. Integra DC5 Type S 06. Also, do the DC5 Type R and Type S use the same pads?
                I've always liked bendix ultimate for street use. cheap pads and really good bang for buck. not dusty and plenty of bite.

Comment

i'm loving the remza's
                  great feel, not as much brake dust (but still more than oem)
                  and no noise

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

using qfm A1RM - quoted as ferodo ds2500 equivalent but a lot cheaper.
                    Stopped my EG with ITR brakes at the track without issues on a very hot day

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post
                      I've always liked bendix ultimate for street use. cheap pads and really good bang for buck. not dusty and plenty of bite.
                      I actually disagree. When i upgraded my missus dc5 to type r front set up. It had oem rotors and bendix ultimate pads. And the stopping distance / bite was miles apart in comparison to the ds2500
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. Where do you guys buy the brake pads from? I found this website that sells most the brands you guys listed but I have no idea how to search for the right one...

http://brakesdirect.com.au/aus/brake...rake-pads.html

Comment

holy fuck that webpage is annoying. tkes alot of bandwith and doesnt even have a vechicle compatibility page...
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            holy fuck that webpage is annoying. tkes alot of bandwith and doesnt even have a vechicle compatibility page...
                            Yeh lol... have no idea which ones for my car but the prices seems really cheap

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
                              So does "mainly street use" mean some track use or none at all? If you're not tracking it at all there's nothing wrong with an OEM pad, the OEM DC5R pads are great for the street I think, very low brake dust, decent bite and they are reasonably fade resistant (I tracked a few times on mine). But they're stupid expensive, so I'd aim for an aftermarket pad with similar properties.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                So does "mainly street use" mean some track use or none at all? If you're not tracking it at all there's nothing wrong with an OEM pad, the OEM DC5R pads are great for the street I think, very low brake dust, decent bite and they are reasonably fade resistant (I tracked a few times on mine). But they're stupid expensive, so I'd aim for an aftermarket pad with similar properties.
                                I may track it in the future but yes, I'm looking for brake pads for street use. Exactly as you said the OEM ones are way too expensive, so I'm trying to find a similar one from the ones the guys suggested like bendix etc. As long as they dont squeel! But finding brake pads are quite a pain online... I'll probably call up a parts store and see prices.

Comment

Working...
                                X