Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Honda FEO 10w-30

Comment

Used Mobil 1 5W50 at wakefield. oil got up to 125 degrees. told i was lucky not to spin a bearing too. so mobil 1

Used elf excellium 10W50 and 5W40 on the street. cheaper than mobil and does the job.

Comment

10-30 for street, 5-50w for track.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Built. Tuned. Driven
        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Mobil 1 5w-50
          http://www.worldvision.com.au http://ww.compassion.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by ATSE View Post
            Elf Excellium GP 5w 40
            I'm using this now!

BEL has switched from OWS to ELF

Comment

Originally posted by no_torq View Post
              Used Mobil 1 5W50 at wakefield. oil got up to 125 degrees. told i was lucky not to spin a bearing too. so mobil 1
              i was at 130'C at EC and it felt fine and oil pressure did not start to drop off...

i think mine was the 15W-50 stuff though? the 65 dollar stuff?

when i spun my rod bearing at Wakefield i was running Castrol 5W-30 with no oil cooler and would have been close to 140'C when it blew...
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                i was at 130'C at EC and it felt fine and oil pressure did not start to drop off...

when i spun my rod bearing at Wakefield i was running Castrol 5W-30 with no oil cooler and would have been close to 140'C when it blew...
                when you spun the bearing were you going by 2 hot laps then a few cool down laps or just hard all out? just curious
                LONDA

Comment

warm up for abt a lap, then just go hard out until the tyres go off...

spun bearing was after about 6 hard laps...
                  ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post

Those are some high temps. i should have an oil cooler in soon. aiming to get it around 100-110 on the track.

Comment

Was using Motul 15-50w, now using Elf Excellium. Elf seems to take longer to warm up; but when it does engine runs a bit hotter than it does with Motul (weird).
                      ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Jim80y View Post
                        Was using Motul 15-50w, now using Elf Excellium. Elf seems to take longer to warm up; but when it does engine runs a bit hotter than it does with Motul (weird).
                        Hey Big Jim, long time mate

I agree with this too. When I ran Elf, took longer to warm up and it seem to run hotter. I put it down to being thicker and thus not flowing as well as thinner oils.
                        ..:: Disciple of the DDang Driving School :: ..
                        - Don't rev at me, I get scared -

Comment

How much is FEO honda engine oil? For a DC2R. Thinking about getting this or the motul 10-40w.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by justinfox
                          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

honda feo oil is alot cheaper espicially if you know someone that buys in bulk, under $30 is possible per 5 liter

Comment

Cool thanks for the heads up Jingers.

If you can get the motul 10-40w from autobarn for around $36 for 5L think ill try that.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by justinfox
                              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

i think most japanese honda tuners recommend light-tuned ITR's to use either honda 10w-30 oil, or *insert brand here: ... motul, oberon, sunoco, omega, elf, castrol, shell etc* .. in 5w-40 or 10w-40 fully synthetic, with regular (5000kms) oil change.
                                "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Working...
                                X