DC2R & DC5R Weird Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Type - DC2R

Weird Noise - REALLY freaking annoying rattle coming from inside my dash. It's on all the time, and it's reallly starting to annoy me. I'm hating my car so much because of this. Can someone tell me what is it, and how I can actually fix it. Turning up my stereo is not cutting it anymore.

Cause of Noise (if applicable) After a track day... came back with dash rattle.

Originally posted by ChargeR
    Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

try packing weatherstrip between the dash and window man. as mentioned on OH forum. try it and write up again on the results. as mentioned on clubrsx it is the dash vibrating againt he windscreen so packing it SHOULD isolate the problem making it sturdier

Comment

But it doesn't sound like dash aginst window. It sounds more metalic, like a loose screw.

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
          car: DC5 S

weird noise: theirs a rattle comming from the drivers side of the engine that increases between 2000rpm & 3500rpm and then stops, sounds like it might be a pulley as its kind of a rattle.Scaredd it might have been a spun bearing but engine performance is still the same

cause: Probably from driving to hard

another noise: Clutch Pedal makes a squeek sound when depresed sometimes, have tried spraying inox on the spring/pedal set up but it hasnt fixed it.

cause: Clutching it around corners???
          Ok i think ive norrowed it down to the headers, has anyone here had problems with aftermarket headers & engine bay noises??

Comment

Originally posted by VTECMACHINE View Post
            But it doesn't sound like dash aginst window. It sounds more metalic, like a loose screw.
            Is it the "clicky" sound from around where the A-pillar meets the dash?
            | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
              Is it the "clicky" sound from around where the A-pillar meets the dash?
              Nah it's smack bang in the middle somewhere, and sounds like a loose bolt rattling around.
              I'm relying on TinkerBell to say, "i'll find it for you, bring over some beer, and I'll do it!"

Comment

I had a proper look/listen today (only driven my car for 1 minute periods, 3 times in total, in the past 5 weeks), and I figured what the rattle was!!

It sounded like it was coming from the dash region, but to my surprise it was my fire estinglisher mounted to the rails of my drivers seat, hitting (rattling against) the lever to slide the seat backwards/forwards. I'm a happy camper now. Few more rattles/noises in the back somewhere, but meh - I know it's the cage foam rubbing on the roof and sides and shit.

Comment

Car Type - dc5 base

Weird Noise - a hollow rattle/drone?? kinda like the same noise you get when you have the window JUST open and you're going pretty quickly, but more metal sounding? lol best description i could come up with

only happens when im going 60-70km/h... rest of the time everything sounds fine

Cause of Noise - no ideaaa?

Comment

car: Dc5s

noise: a tinny clicking noise whenever i go over a bump or a hill coming from the right wheel arch. its up high and close to the cabin and really freakn annoying. it happened after i turned the coils a few to the stiff side. i took apart the wheel arch gaurd and couldnt find anything, my coilovers are also real tight, nothing loose. its like its coming from the chasis itself like flexing over the bumps.

god help me haha

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post

noise: a tinny clicking noise whenever i go over a bump or a hill coming from the right wheel arch. its up high and close to the cabin and really freakn annoying. it happened after i turned the coils a few to the stiff side. i took apart the wheel arch gaurd and couldnt find anything, my coilovers are also real tight, nothing loose. its like its coming from the chasis itself like flexing over the bumps.

god help me haha
                      might be a dry ball joint ?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post

god help me haha
                        Pillow tops mounts.
                        Vivid Blue Integra Type-S
                        "When I grow up I want camber like TeamMR."
                        sigpic
                        itr_***@hotmail.com says: (10:43:08 PM)
                        send that cock breath back to the land of the stuffed turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by daz View Post
                          Pillow tops mounts.
                          and what would casue that noise if it was the pillow top mounts?. ive been advised that its coming from the tie end links cause they are under massive stress because my car is quite low atm. but yeh, its noticable and annoying even after i got innovative mounts installed yesterday lol

Comment

Car Type - DC2R

Weird Noise - a weird "spinning and clicking" noise coming from the engine bay. Occurs at low-mid range rpm during accel and can sometimes hear it when idling.

Cause of Noise - Thats the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Fallenangel View Post
                              Car Type - DC2R

Weird Noise - a weird "spinning and clicking" noise coming from the engine bay. Occurs at low-mid range rpm during accel and can sometimes hear it when idling.

Cause of Noise - Thats the problem...
                              could be your valve clearances - when was your last service done?
                              ... retired/

Comment

Last service was about 10000kms ago? Oil and fluids were changed at about 4000kms ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X