Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quenjose View Post
    Car: dc2r

Weird noise: Exhaust/muffler vibrates like theres a hundred vibrators stuck in my muffler on a cold morning start. Specifically at 1800rpm, the vibration resonates through the entire chassis.

Probable cause: All rubber hangers are still where they're supposed to be, so guessing its a loose baffle plate/s in the muffler.
    OMG yes me 2. I've jacked the car up and checked it and can't find it. Might ask next time i go service.

1800-1900 RPM is the bane of my existence

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
      car: DC5R

Noise: Irregular idling and revving, car seems to rev to 2k then back to 1, and over and over... Only seems to happen once the car has warmed up

Cause: Some kind of sensor im sure
      check out this thread maybe
      http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=cleaning+ivac

Comment

Originally posted by quenjose View Post
        The plastic boot trim tends to rattle n knock occasionally, especially on bumpy roads. This happens because the trim (just above the rear reinforcement bar) knocks against metal. I just wedged 2 old polishing cloths between the trim and the metal on either side. No more knocking from boot.
        nice one! just saved me heaps of time looking =___=

Comment

Originally posted by c01567 View Post
          OMG yes me 2. I've jacked the car up and checked it and can't find it. Might ask next time i go service.

1800-1900 RPM is the bane of my existence
          haha... good to know i'm not the only one who has that problem.

please share if you do find out what the cause is...

Comment

Originally posted by sretocz View Post
            Car DC2R-

Wierd Noise- sometimes a clicking noise when i release clutch pedal and a noise near the glove compartment

Probable cause - no idea on the clutch car came back fine from service, the noise near the glove compartment is probably wiring
            i got that noise at the glove compartment when i go over bumpy roads...
            eventually found out it was the triangular plastic piece where the side mirror is... or where some ppl would put their tweeters...

figured its some wiring or a loose clip... i put some pressure on it and the sound disappeared... let go... and it came back. so i thumped it gently with my fist, and i havent heard it since!

PS: please "thump" with care

Comment

just the thread i needed!

weird noise: buzzing sound at low revs. seems like a lot of other people have this issue.

cause: no idea.

thought it might have been a loose muffler, but the noise seems to be emanating from the engine bay.

next suspicion was the heat shield cover (above the headers), but I tightened that and still no difference.

last service at honda (essendon fields), guys said it was something to do with a loose spring in the clutch? i doubt it though.

another noise: window rattling when it's not fully up or fully down.

cause: window rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by doavl View Post
                just the thread i needed!

weird noise: buzzing sound at low revs. seems like a lot of other people have this issue.

cause: no idea.

thought it might have been a loose muffler, but the noise seems to be emanating from the engine bay.

next suspicion was the heat shield cover (above the headers), but I tightened that and still no difference.

last service at honda (essendon fields), guys said it was something to do with a loose spring in the clutch? i doubt it though.

another noise: window rattling when it's not fully up or fully down.

cause: window rattle.
                The rattle might be from the immediate shaft sheild. A bolt came off on mine and was rattling around the 2-3 thou revs.

Comment

for the guys with buzzing or hissing noises that is coming from behind the glove box area as you accelerate, check that your sound head unit is grounded properly. might just be an alternator whine. That was the case for my dc5. Also common issues with pioneer head units.
                  bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

DC5R Buzzing/whining noise between 3000 - 4000 rpm (about 3500rpm)

Took it to Dedy @ Top One recently and we check for it .... the washers off the heatshield where the headers are located, but don't look at it from the bottom but from the engine bay .... two bolts holding the heatshield , needs the washer replaced ...

Comment

car: DC2R

weird noise: Pingin, rattling sound seems to come from left sid of the engine possibly headers, only happens when car is idle, when I accelerate it goes away.

cause: no idea. I've looked at the headers and heat shield only thing i noticed what the dipstick tube was loose.

another noise: Creaking noise when I clutch in (CMC) was replaced early in the year so it cant be that. but it only happens sometimes. (seems to creak from the inside of the cabin)

cause: No idea. - Help
                      New to

Comment

Originally posted by PolitoHood View Post
                        Car Type - 06 ITS

Weird Noise :
                        1. Door Rattle when window is slightly down. Very annoying Could be the window itself
                        2. Dash Rattle on bumps, seems to be right under the end of the dash.
                        3. Front end sort of Clicks/not a massive sort to call it a clunk

Cause of Noise ????????
                        car-dc5s

i have all of these problems which started after getting coilovers installed, seems to loosen everything due to stiffer impact. the dash rattles seem to come from under the tweeter area on each side of the dash, im trying to fix it atm, im going to strip the car and dynamat it as well. as for clicks i get them whenever engaging clutch.

another common one is the sqeeking from the engine bay from the clamp that holds the gruppe m together, the airbox and the other bit have about 2mm of lateral movement and squeek loudly as the airbox moves under acceleration. seriously annoying

Comment

Bump- think this is better than a new thread maybe.

Car: DC5R - almost 100k

Noise: I would say it was like the sound you would expect if you held a piece of cardboard or paper to a high speed fan?? but more plasticy... I really don’t know how else to describe it ( i know this is a stupid explanation but its the best i can do)

Location: From the cabin it definitely sounds like its coming from around the front right hand wheel, but it is hard to tell from the driver’s seat.

When and how: The noise occurs when accelerating in quickly (say i hit over 4k rpm) in 1st or 2nd while taking any form of right hand turn no matter how mild the curve or by very rapid acceleration straight line.

The noise then disappears and can’t be heard in any higher gear, if I gear down say from 3rd to 2nd and it revs over 4k. This will not cause the noise.

What i have checked: I have no idea what to look for, but i can't see anything loose or anything that i dont think should be there. I had the car on a hoist to have my suspension checked and the guy had a quick look to see if anything was out of the ordinary, but said there was nothing.

Cause: No idea, im hoping someone has an idea, or can recommend somewhere in Sydney i can have it looked at.

Comment

car: dc2r

noise: squeal or whine coming from alternator pulley or belt.
                            Not loud, but enough to annoy the shit out of me.

cause: i seriously dont know... the squeal goes away after i spray some lub on the pulley from above. But its comes back shortly after a few drives... i just cant get rid of the squeal. I've tried lubing it between the pulley and the alternator itself, but it doesnt do anything. The funny thing is, the sound disappears in winter, but when warmer days of spring n summer come around again, the squeal comes back.

fix: i need suggestions please. The belts should be new, they were changed about 2 years ago, unless i got ripped. (which is very possible considering my gullibility in trusting that mechanic from 2 years ago.) Looking at the belt, i cant see any cracking or fraying on the edges, it looks reasonably new, and the tension seems quite firm.

Is there a tensioner for the alternator belt i should be looking at?

Ideas n suggestions on how to destroy that squeal will be greatly appreciated. Thank u.

Comment

Originally posted by B4DNUF View Post
                              another noise: Creaking noise when I clutch in (CMC) was replaced early in the year so it cant be that. but it only happens sometimes. (seems to creak from the inside of the cabin)
                              i had also changed my CMC a while ago and was quite surprised when i heard a few squeaks a few weeks later... thought the sound was from the CMC, but it turned out to be the slave cylinder. I sprayed some lithium grease on the fork/joint (whatever u call this) under the rubber boot at the slave cylinder.
                              Sound exterminated.

Comment

car: DC5 S

weird noise: theirs a rattle comming from the drivers side of the engine that increases between 2000rpm & 3500rpm and then stops, sounds like it might be a pulley as its kind of a rattle.Scaredd it might have been a spun bearing but engine performance is still the same

cause: Probably from driving to hard

another noise: Clutch Pedal makes a squeek sound when depresed sometimes, have tried spraying inox on the spring/pedal set up but it hasnt fixed it.

cause: Clutching it around corners???

Comment

Working...
                                X