No announcement yet.

Aftermarket aluminium radiator and general engine reliability advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to your sandwich plate and length of lines, you really have to know where you want to place your cooler and then measure the lines from there. On the K series, there is not a lot of different angles where you can mount the sandwhich plate and it's pretty tight with room. By the time you get the angled fittings in there and then attach the hose end fittings, it's really close to the header (TODA)

Comment

Fair enough. What kind of angled fittings (30/60/90) am I looking at for the sandwich plate?

I plan to mount the core at the front of the car just under the headlight where the foglight grill is. In terms of length, whats a safe amount of length to buy so that I can be comfortable? i.e. I obviously dont need 10 metres. Would 3 metres do, or would i need 6 metres?
      eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
        Usually about 10 laps a session. With the advice given I've already made the decision to go cooler and leave the radiator alone.
        Last time you came into the pits i thought wakefield park had a swimming pool facility!

Tran man, whats happening, when is your next wakefield day? i want to go down soon!

With all this tech talk for a oil cooler, it sounds like your getting your reliability bases sorted.

Did you decide what size your going for with the cooler?
        Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Originally posted by cordz View Post
          Last time you came into the pits i thought wakefield park had a swimming pool facility!

Tran man, whats happening, when is your next wakefield day? i want to go down soon!

With all this tech talk for a oil cooler, it sounds like your getting your reliability bases sorted.

Did you decide what size your going for with the cooler?
          hahah, april 15 i believe. its a sunday. wakefield open day. definitely going then. come with?
          eckoflyte

Comment

i'm so down.
            Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

If really don't think a 19 row cooler will fit in the place where you want to install it. 3 meters should be enough.

Comment

What size cooler would u recommend? Also what hose size?
                eckoflyte

Comment

Just sent you a pm

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                    Thinking of sourcing the earls oil cooler kit, lines and sandwich plate from the following website.

Www.jegs.com
                    i use anplumbing.com

Looking at getting the 19 row core. There is narrow, wide, extra wide. Also comes in either female or male fittings. Which size am i aiming for?
                    look at the prices, 'wide' 19 row is best value (41900)

Is -10an the appropriate line to run? And how many metres should i pickup.
                    -10an is fine, you need to pick up more than you think you actually need - depending on your routing diagram...

In terms of fitting, what kind of angled fittings should i be using on the sandwich plate?
                    despite being expensive, the low profile are best:

90 degree might work (829011), as might 45 degree(824511)... depends on your routeing...

If you guys have a parts list that would be helpful.
                    included above in parenthesis

I cant seem to find the suitable sandwich plate for k series on the website.
                    is this not the one you want (517):

... retired/

Comment

Thanks tinks. Ended up calling Earls in silverwater today chasing part number, 517 is correct.
                      eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                        If really don't think a 19 row cooler will fit in the place where you want to install it. 3 meters should be enough.
                        Do you know what kind of dimension limits im looking at?
                        eckoflyte

Comment

actually, you will probably need more like 5-6 meters to be on the safe side.
                          Call me on the weekend if you want to know a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                          X