X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys are legends.

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    you do realise this: is a 180 degree fitting:

haha, yes i know thats what it looks like. havent had a chance to look closely at the sensor hole on the block so not 100% sure if 90 or even 180 is useable. Just thought i ask anyway and keep my options open.
    eckoflyte

Comment

It sounds easier for you to just buy a new sandwich plate with the sensor holes.

Where are you mounting your water temp sensor?

Comment

thing is i plan to run oil cooler using the sandwich plate which wont have sensor holes.

will tap into the radiator hose with a 32mm attachment.
        eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
          Haven't had a chance to look closely at the sensor hole on the block so not 100% sure if 90 or even 180 is useable. Just thought i ask anyway and keep my options open.
          I think by memory, you can use the 90 pointed down or to the left as you are looking towards the hole. To the right is the Vtec solenoid and up, I cant remember.

I don't think it's possible to use the 180.

Comment

If you want a cleaner look and don't want to it hoses you can put the water temp sensor here and just plug the other hole where the existing hose was. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332381490.265157.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              hope this helps:

1/8 bspt male to -4an male
              -4an female to -4an 90 degree hose-end (most expensive part)
              -4an hose - maybe 100cm long
              -4an hose-end to -4an female
              -4an male to 1/4 bspt male
              3-way BSP T piece (optional if you wnat to keep factory sensor)
              1/4bspt to 1/8bspt (factory sensor - optional)
              1/4bspt to 1/8npt (new sensor)

if you jsut want new sensor added at the endof the hose:

1/8 bspt male to -4an male
              -4an female to -4an 90 degree hose-end (most expensive part)
              -4an hose - maybe 100cm long
              -4an hose-end to -4an female
              -4an male to 1/8 npt female
              100cm? 1 metre, isnt that a bit long? Need i be worried about the length of this hose, would it affect the reading?
              eckoflyte

Comment

where are you going to mount the sensor? the hose needs to be that long + a bit to move it around...
                ... retired/

Comment

I'll need to have a look to decide where to mount it. I can then assume 1 metre is a safe length to run, least this will give me more flexibility in terms of where to mount it.
                  eckoflyte

Comment

i got a 1m length to run my oil warning switch, and cut off 15cmm and mounted it near my near side shock tower point...

it is not near any spinning things like driveshafts or accessory belts though...
                    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                      For your oil pressure, I replaced the stock oil pressure sender with the Defi one.

If the Defi oil pressure sensor is big and bulky, don't swap it directly. Feed a line into the block and get a reading off the line from the sensor. That way you will limit the chances of the sensor cracking or the block cracking.

For oil temp, I got an adapter for the stock oil sump plug and put the sensor in place of the oil sump. Both are cheap/free and work very well.
                      Thanks for suggestion mate. Where can I source a 1/8npt to m14x1.5 adapter?

EDIT: nevermind. direct google search yielded good results.
                      eckoflyte

Comment

From what I've gathered, japanese branded gauges use PT which is equivalent to BSPT - NOT NPT. t-bagger, can you confirm this?
                        eckoflyte

Comment

i have heard this also, but never personally confirmed...

BSP is certainly JDM...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Thinking of sourcing the earls oil cooler kit, lines and sandwich plate from the following website.

Www.jegs.com

Looking at getting the 19 row core. There is narrow, wide, extra wide. Also comes in either female or male fittings. Which size am i aiming for?

Is -10an the appropriate line to run? And how many metres should i pickup.

In terms of fitting, what kind of angled fittings should i be using on the sandwich plate?

If you guys have a parts list that would be helpful. I cant seem to find the suitable sandwich plate for k series on the website.
                            eckoflyte

Comment

That might make sense because when I installed my oil sensor I test fitted it by hand and it went smooth but the difference between BSPT and NPT is minuscule so it would be hard to tell just by feel.

Doesn't it say in the manual what pipe fitting the sensor uses?

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                                That might make sense because when I installed my oil sensor I test fitted it by hand and it went smooth but the difference between BSPT and NPT is minuscule so it would be hard to tell just by feel.

Doesn't it say in the manual what pipe fitting the sensor uses?
                                It only states 1/8PT. ive done the research and i believe it is indeed bspt as the greddy 32mm radiator attachment is designed with a 1/8 bpst hole and is the one specified for my application, as evidenced by plaything's successful installation with the exact same defi sensor kit i have.
                                eckoflyte

Comment

Working...
                                X