Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apparition View Post
    Has anyone had an experiences with using the Kumho KU36 - Ecsta XS as a street and track tyre?

I'm thinking of getting a set of these in 16" since it's so hard to find semi's in 16"

For a street tyre I can't fault the Michelin Pilot Prededas I currently have - great wet whether grip and awesome in the dry. The wear isn't too bad - have taken it to the track a few times and still going well!
    I've heard good things about the Ecsta XS' and they definitely look like a chunky/manly tyre. Apparently their meant to be compete with RS-2's and RT-615s, so performance wise they should be one up on the RE001's.

How much have you been quoted for 16" sizes?
    Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mugsee!

I got quoted $260 for 215/45/16 for the Kumho KU36 Ecsta XS

Thinking of going for these, since I don't drive my car much daily, I can use these tyres for both street and track rather then run some TOYO R888 on my 15s and then some street tyres on my 16s.

The RE001 - how are they like in the wet?

Comment

Has anyone had an experiences with using the Kumho KU36 - Ecsta XS as a street and track tyre?

I'm thinking of getting a set of these in 16" since it's so hard to find semi's in 16"

For a street tyre I can't fault the Michelin Pilot Prededas I currently have - great wet whether grip and awesome in the dry. The wear isn't too bad - have taken it to the track a few times and still going well!
        Have you tried sourcing rt-615 in 215/45/16? Taleb sells it for around the 200 mark.
        CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Theres a group buy going on for these tyres and at that size (215/45/16) you'll be looking at $117/tyre. Less than half of what you got quoted

Take a look here:
          http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/i...6&st=0&start=0

Thanks for the info Mugsee!

I got quoted $260 for 215/45/16 for the Kumho KU36 Ecsta XS

Thinking of going for these, since I don't drive my car much daily, I can use these tyres for both street and track rather then run some TOYO R888 on my 15s and then some street tyres on my 16s.

The RE001 - how are they like in the wet?
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

wow

email sent regarding the 215/45R16 KU36
            Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

anyone want to do a group buy here in melb from the NS link?

Comment

im down.
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Yep i'm interested too

Comment

Thanks for the link to the cheap Kumho tyres! Looking at getting a set of the KU 36 - can't go wrong with those prices!

Will let you guys know how they perform once I order them and get them fitted

Comment

copied from skylineaustralia

RE the Kumho KU36's.
                      First track test was at the Phillip Island 6 hour this year.
                      215/45r17's fitted on a Mini Cooper (current model)
                      They ran Kumho V70A's last year on the same car with the same driver.
                      The KU36's were nearly 3 seconds a lap quicker on sat practice.
                      Be an ideal tyre for a reasonably standard (not full race) suspension setup.
                      Great in wet weather too.
                      And they are 100% street legal.
                      Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
                        copied from skylineaustralia

RE the Kumho KU36's.
                        First track test was at the Phillip Island 6 hour this year.
                        215/45r17's fitted on a Mini Cooper (current model)
                        They ran Kumho V70A's last year on the same car with the same driver.
                        The KU36's were nearly 3 seconds a lap quicker on sat practice.
                        Be an ideal tyre for a reasonably standard (not full race) suspension setup.
                        Great in wet weather too.
                        And they are 100% street legal.
                        180 treadwear street tyre faster than a 50 treadwear race compound tyre? I wonder if the XS is really that good.

Comment

here is a price guide on the KU36 Ecsta
                          http://kumhotyres.businesscatalyst.com/pcrku36.htm

Comment

So far i have 5 set coming to melb....didz can you PM me what you want?

Getting a shipping quote atm.

Comment

I wonder if Kumho can keep up with the stock levels ?

I emailed them on Friday, have yet to get a response
                              /Oo ___H___ oO\
                              |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

Originally posted by kavehman View Post
                                I wonder if Kumho can keep up with the stock levels ?

I emailed them on Friday, have yet to get a response
                                i emailed them on friday and got one back on saturday.
                                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X