Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

I've noticed a lot of you are running the RE001s. Although i've heard this is a very good street tire, i'm concerned about uneven tire wear. I run my car with -2.5 degree camber and am worried that as it is an asymetrical tire, i won't be able to rotate them. Have any of you faced this problem??

Comment

Hey guys, RE001s 195/55/15 (stock dc2r size)
      $119!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      for a set of 4 at hornsby BTC
      also
      http://www.bridgestone.com.au/goshopping/!!!!!!!!!!!! 50 dollar rebate
      now's the time to get it!

Comment

Originally posted by marko View Post
        Hi Guys,

I've noticed a lot of you are running the RE001s. Although i've heard this is a very good street tire, i'm concerned about uneven tire wear. I run my car with -2.5 degree camber and am worried that as it is an asymetrical tire, i won't be able to rotate them. Have any of you faced this problem??
        Here is a summary of my experiences with camber and the Bridgestone RE001: LINK

Comment

Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001
          205/40/17
          BTC Hurstville
          $210 per tyre
          $5 discount per tyre for nrma membership
          $50 visa prepaid gift card for buying 4 bridgestone tyres

Total cost = $192.50 per tyre.

Dry grip unbelievable, wet grip is good, very responsive to driver input and very quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            Here is a summary of my experiences with camber and the Bridgestone RE001: LINK
            Thanks Charger.
            I wasn't sure if you could run the tires as pictured. Anyway, what toe are you running with your current set up? And with your previous set up?

Comment

Thanks Charger.
              I wasn't sure if you could run the tires as pictured. Anyway, what toe are you running with your current set up? And with your previous set up?
              I have always run zero toe at the front. For a short period I used 3mm toe in at the rear with -2.7 camber and I was not happy with the wear so I went to zero toe at the back too.

I have not noticed any decrease in performance from using the tyres inside out but I drive very conservatively on the street and I don't often drive in the rain.

Comment

any1 got opinoins on the Hankook V8RS tyres? Might pick some up this week for $183 per corner for 17s
                2004 Integra DC5 Luxury Alabaster/Satin Silver

Comment

anyone used BF Goodridge?

G force sport is on special atm @ 215 for 225/40/18. very cheap....

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                    I have always run zero toe at the front. For a short period I used 3mm toe in at the rear with -2.7 camber and I was not happy with the wear so I went to zero toe at the back too.

I have not noticed any decrease in performance from using the tyres inside out but I drive very conservatively on the street and I don't often drive in the rain.

So you now run zero toe with how much camber?
                    I have just set my car up with zero toe and negative 2.5 degree camber on the front and negative 2.0 toe on the rear with negative 2 degree camber. I like how it runs but am not sure about the wear. any suggestions?

Comment

Hornsby BTC, called today and they only have 2 left for $168 RE001
                      InTEGRA TYPE R

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                        anyone used BF Goodridge?

G force sport is on special atm @ 215 for 225/40/18. very cheap....
                        i had them on my DC5 and they were quite a decent tyre. lasted quite a while too.
                        T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

So you now run zero toe with how much camber?
                          I have just set my car up with zero toe and negative 2.5 degree camber on the front and negative 2.0 toe on the rear with negative 2 degree camber. I like how it runs but am not sure about the wear. any suggestions?
                          I am now at -5.3 front and -2.6ish at the rear. Zero toe all round. Wear is acceptable to me but may not be to you. The rears wear pretty evenly but I had to have the fronts flipped inside out to even out the wear. I expect to get a full 45-50,000kms out of this set of re001 and I have currently done around 35 to 40,000.

Comment

im looking for a set of tyres for 16x7... thinking of going with RE001 again as Ive got them on my other rims and am satisfied with their performance... was gonna give AD07 a go but they are quite pricey for street tyres... saw the new toyo performance tyre R1R and read a review from option which gave it good reviews but have no idea on its cost...

also i would assume the optimal size to run will be 215/45 or 215/40?? but bridgestone make RE001 in 205/45...

any recommendation?
                            http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

i have re001 on atm they are 10 000kms old, found them really good for first 5k but wet performance is average now, dry is still good but they have become more noisy, and not as grippy. still good though. please note tyres have been subject to numerous spiritd driving adventures.

Comment

Has anyone had an experiences with using the Kumho KU36 - Ecsta XS as a street and track tyre?

I'm thinking of getting a set of these in 16" since it's so hard to find semi's in 16"

For a street tyre I can't fault the Michelin Pilot Prededas I currently have - great wet whether grip and awesome in the dry. The wear isn't too bad - have taken it to the track a few times and still going well!

Comment

Working...
                                X