Tyres Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good year Eagle F1 GSD3 life 55,000 -60,000k 195/55/15

Awesome Wet tyre! Dry grip is good BUT becomes quite a squeeky tyre after 40,000kms still squeels even if i am not losing grip eg. 20kms at a sharp 90 degree slight up hill turn

Bridgestone RE002 (just released) 195/55/15
    $596 fitted, balanced and wheel alignment included (after $110 discount at bob janes)
    will update once i get these tyres worn in.

Comment

nice price

pls update when ready...
      ... retired/

Comment

base on price and grip (wet & dry) im looking for track tyres.
        so far i have a short list.. Tyres will only be used for track days, looking for best value for money and overall performance

R888's
        Falken RT615K
        Nitto NT01
        Ku36
        RE070

Comment

What size are you looking for? 225/45 I am guessing since you list the RE070.

I think deciding if you want a real track tyre or if you want a good street tyre to start with would help. I would go for a street tyre just because they are a lot cheaper and more forgiving to drive. The grip levels of a street tyre are much easier on the rest of the car too. So if I were you I would discount the R888 and NT01.

To your remaining three tyres I would add a couple of other relatively budget options, I am guessing you don't want to go up to the really baller stuff (AD08, RE11 etc.):

Hankook RS3
          Ku36
          Dunlop Z1
          RT615K
          RE070

(listed in approximate order of expense)

I have used the Z1, love them. But apparently the RS3 provide an equal or better level of grip for a cheaper price, but probably with less longevity. KU36 grip is in the same league from what I have seen but wear relatively quickly and have poor wet grip. No idea on the RT615 except what I read in the GRM test I linked a few posts back.

Originally posted by stevan View Post
          what no DC5??
          Haven't you heard, 22 year old unreliable cars with the double wishbones are the way of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post

Hankook RS3

Haven't you heard, 22 year old unreliable cars with the double wishbones are the way of the future.
            Timmy give me a call tonite i can organise a joint purchase with tirerack and save us a bit of money, i too am looking quite seriously at the Hankook RS3 but i may only purchase a pair, still undecided.

Tom i got excited because it says ChargeR - DC5R on OzHonda How about you tow the SiR to Wakefield with the DC5

Comment

Re11, 235/45/17 on sale at $220/. Pair fitted at Taleb Tyres.. Not sure if stock available or not.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                What size are you looking for? 225/45 I am guessing since you list the RE070.

I think deciding if you want a real track tyre or if you want a good street tyre to start with would help. I would go for a street tyre just because they are a lot cheaper and more forgiving to drive. The grip levels of a street tyre are much easier on the rest of the car too. So if I were you I would discount the R888 and NT01.

To your remaining three tyres I would add a couple of other relatively budget options, I am guessing you don't want to go up to the really baller stuff (AD08, RE11 etc.):

Hankook RS3
                Ku36
                Dunlop Z1
                RT615K
                RE070

(listed in approximate order of expense)

I have used the Z1, love them. But apparently the RS3 provide an equal or better level of grip for a cheaper price, but probably with less longevity. KU36 grip is in the same league from what I have seen but wear relatively quickly and have poor wet grip. No idea on the RT615 except what I read in the GRM test I linked a few posts back.
                Thanks for that Tom. Helps heaps.
                Yeah i gues i will look at a sticky street tyre.
                Im really not into the KU36's, They are cheaper in price but lack a little responce and wet grip.
                I did start to have a look at RS3's but didn't look too much into it.
                Im not looking for somthing that will last for ever.
                Im looking for ultimate wet and dry grip.

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                Timmy give me a call tonite i can organise a joint purchase with tirerack and save us a bit of money, i too am looking quite seriously at the Hankook RS3 but i may only purchase a pair, still undecided.
                Yeah i will give you a call tonight mate.. Just remind me.

Comment

Has anyone tried Pirelli P Zero Nero tyres? My fronts are full worn, so I was thinking in the mean time to save some money (since track isn't due for a couple of months) I'll get these tyres which were originally on my friends stock evo rims, so they're 235/45/17 all around.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                    Has anyone tried Pirelli P Zero Nero tyres?
                    Yes I have
                    very soft tyres plenty of grip but wore fast
                    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

I just happened to be browsing the Dunlop Japan site today and discovered that the Dunlop Z1 SS is going to be replaced by the ZII. It could be a while before we get them short of importing directly from Japan though judging by this post: LINK Nice looking size range, the 14" sizes in particular please me.

Comment

toyo r1r's, direzza z1's or hankook rs3's?!

someone help me decide or give me some first hand thoughts one them please

Comment

I followed on Dean's lead, and replaced my front Federal 595 RSR's. These things are fantastic, even in the wet.

Once the Bridgestones on the E30 wear out I'll be replacing them with RSRs as they have tyres to fit a 15 inch rim.
                          1988 CRX
                          1999 Integra Type R
                          2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Can I bring this thread back? Lol

Looking for new tyres for my next track day. I've only done one track day on federal 595 SS and had cracks in the sidewall at the end of the day, which was concerning…

Tossing up between Kumho Ku36 and the Hankook RS-3. Have also thought about the newer Nankang ns2r, preferably in 235/45/17 or 225/45/17 in the nankang because 235 for the 17.

I'm still a beginner learning my lines and cost is probably the major factor. Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                              Can I bring this thread back? Lol

Looking for new tyres for my next track day. I've only done one track day on federal 595 SS and had cracks in the sidewall at the end of the day, which was concerning…

Tossing up between Kumho Ku36 and the Hankook RS-3. Have also thought about the newer Nankang ns2r, preferably in 235/45/17 or 225/45/17 in the nankang because 235 for the 17.

I'm still a beginner learning my lines and cost is probably the major factor. Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
                              What about Potenza S001?
                              just a thought cos i just bought a set =)
                              AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by JupiteR View Post
                                What about Potenza S001?
                                just a thought cos i just bought a set =)
                                I'm interested in the S001 aswell, how well do they run? I currently have re002 on my rear but I think my front tyres need replacing as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X