Clear All

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
    15" in what size
    15" 205/50 ..

Comment

stock size is 205/55 16

Should i get
      Toyo, R1R - $210ea
      Kumho KU36 (but not the right sizing, only 215/45 or 225/50 available) - $160ea

should one is better in terms of performance?
      '03 Integra DC5 Type R
      Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
      Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
      Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

Sorry - I deleted my inbox. Someone sent me a link to dealer with R888's in stock (205/50/15) can they pm again please (was quite cheap, around $200/tyre)

Comment

Hey guys,

Been looking up tyres and need some feedback on a couple for the 205/45/16 profile. Price range would be around $650 or so fitted/balanced.

I've had proxies4, looking to make a change to my new set of rims.
          Looking into getting the Dunlop Direzza DZ101's, anyone tried them out?

Or, any recommendations would be appreciated!

Comment

... spend a couple of hund more and get some rt615's or KU36, worth it.

Comment

RT615 are oooolllddd school, there has basically been 2 generations of high performance tyres since they were introduced. Much better tyres can be had from Tirerack.com for comparable prices. The KU36 is definitely a nicely performing and economical option from what I gather from quite a few friends that have used them.

Comment

Originally posted by PHATJM View Post
                Hey guys,

Been looking up tyres and need some feedback on a couple for the 205/45/16 profile. Price range would be around $650 or so fitted/balanced.

I've had proxies4, looking to make a change to my new set of rims.
                Looking into getting the Dunlop Direzza DZ101's, anyone tried them out?

Or, any recommendations would be appreciated!
                I got the KU31 on the same size few months back for around $150/cnr. For a daily, I reckon it's pretty good for the price. A bit on the soft side but not as soft as my T1R.

You can get KU36 for around the same price too but I have no experience with them although as Charger said, heard few ppl been pretty happy with them

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  RT615 are oooolllddd school, there has basically been 2 generations of high performance tyres since they were introduced. Much better tyres can be had from Tirerack.com for comparable prices. The KU36 is definitely a nicely performing and economical option from what I gather from quite a few friends that have used them.
                  just undecided for at this rate but out of curiousity how much would it be shipped for a set from tirerack?

Originally posted by zeth_an View Post
                  I got the KU31 on the same size few months back for around $150/cnr. For a daily, I reckon it's pretty good for the price. A bit on the soft side but not as soft as my T1R.

You can get KU36 for around the same price too but I have no experience with them although as Charger said, heard few ppl been pretty happy with them
                  ahh yeah thanks for the heads up. Only reason why ive shy'd away from the KU36 is due to the specs, 215/45/16's. I'd prolly be looking at a 205 to make sure it doesnt scrub... im still deciding on the direzza's but they've had mixed reviews

Comment

Originally posted by PHATJM View Post
                    just undecided for at this rate but out of curiousity how much would it be shipped for a set from tirerack?
                    Using the DZ101 as an example. They are 76USD each from tirerack, shipping is generally around 250 USD, so the grand total would be around 554 USD, or around 640 AUD for a set. Plus whatever it will cost you to get them fitted and whatever your bank charges for an international transfer. It is generally more economical to get ultra high performance tires from tirerack as they are often very overpriced here in Australia.

Comment

*cough* just bought me some sticky rubber -- I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Comment

Hey ppls... wanted some inputs for some brand of good street tyres.

Its a dc5, i was looking to give the AD07 ago, as they always been rated 1 one the better ones. What other brands you guys recommend>?

Also, i got quoted around 260 for each (AD07), is that a good price? the size is 215/45/17

thanks heaps

Comment

Originally posted by R123 View Post

Its a dc5, i was looking to give the AD07 ago, as they always been rated 1 one the better ones. What other brands you guys recommend>?

Also, i got quoted around 260 for each (AD07), is that a good price? the size is 215/45/17

thanks heaps
                          Hey mate i was in ur position exactly one week ago getting new tyres for my DC5R as well.. i bought Bridgestone Adrenelins Re001 for $229 each in smithfield..

They are fkn sweet bro, really love em.. the next day i bought them i went to national park and my car was sticking to the road like glue..
                          thats my recommendation mate. BTW exact same size tyre as me
                          Last edited by NJK73D; 25-02-10, 01:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

Comment

Originally posted by NJK73D View Post
                            Hey mate i was in ur position exactly one week ago getting new tyres for my DC5R as well.. i bought Bridgestone Adrenelins Re001 for $229 each in smithfield..

They are fkn sweet bro, really love em.. the next day i bought them i went to national park and my car was sticking to the road like glue..
                            thats my recommendation mate. BTW exact same size tyre as me
                            thanks for the input there mate. Glad you found a set of good tyres for the ride.

thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by R123 View Post

thanks heaps
                              The AD07 is a superceded tyre so any you buy are likely to be a couple of years old at least which can have an effect on the tyres performance. I have used the AD07 and it is a great tyre, although a little noisy as it wears.

You could also consider importing some Dunlop Direzza Z1 from tirerack.com which should come to around 230-240 per tyre once fitted. They have comparable performance to the AD07.

RE001 is a great option too if you want a bit better treadwear and less road noise and don't mind sacrificing a little grip. I am using them as my street tyre at the moment and they are acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                                The AD07 is a superceded tyre so any you buy are likely to be a couple of years old at least which can have an effect on the tyres performance. I have used the AD07 and it is a great tyre, although a little noisy as it wears.

You could also consider importing some Dunlop Direzza Z1 from tirerack.com which should come to around 230-240 per tyre once fitted. They have comparable performance to the AD07.

RE001 is a great option too if you want a bit better treadwear and less road noise and don't mind sacrificing a little grip. I am using them as my street tyre at the moment and they are acceptable.
                                thanks for the kind input there mate.

Looks like RE001 has got pretty good feedback in general. Oh well, the oem tyre for dc5 is also RE series too so i am not surprised about that.

ok, can i ask one further question, if you have to choose AD07 or RE001 and cost factor is not included. Street use only, grip over noise. What will be your choice?

Comment

Working...
                                X