One word. Ruthless.

Comment

Originally posted by NEP300 View Post
      One word. Ruthless.
      One word: Faggot!

Hahaha I love you Winry!

Comment

Originally posted by DC245R View Post
        Evo owner pansy to drive with no electronic aids.
        So moral of the story is Jimmy is a Pansy! Haha shittt meeee

Comment

+1 for E85

Instead of costing me $62 for Fuel it instead cost me $42!

Over a year thats a saving of $1040 if i was to fill up once a week

Comment

Pauls bored.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Paul, E85 burns quicker therefore you have to fill up more often, it works out the same.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                Pauls bored.
                lol this is true

Originally posted by DC245R View Post
                Paul, E85 burns quicker therefore you have to fill up more often, it works out the same.
                Ah cheers Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by benson View Post
                  It might sound a little appalling to a niche group, but in the context of this thread i think it was relevant

But yeah please dont get too difficult, lets start off with the basic
                  Actually, you are completely right. I did not come to think that the average user who doesn't care about the way it all works (hence why they pay someone to do it) would take the comment of an increase in power/not torque, etc...

Apologies.

Comment

E85 pros- Approx 105 octane rating. Resistance to detionation and cooler burning temps allows more timing. Due to the slower burn rate you also get a smoother power stroke. Oxygenated fuel great for turbo not any help n/a or supercharged. Cleans combustion chamber. CHEAP!!!!!from the servo.

E85 cons- Need to up grade fuel system. Allow up to 50% more to be safe and room to grow. Hard to start in very cold conditions. Availability.

Forced induction and high compression will show best results,n/a stock compression will only show small % gains. Cost to perfomance gain will not suit most but if you are chaseing every last gain its easy but not cheap to set up.

Comment

Cold start in Australia, well in sydney isnt so much a problem. Just make sure you add in more cranking fuel when its colder

As for not gaining much on n/a or s/c set-up, i think your wrong. From our results, there gains are there to justify the cost. People can spend up to 1k on intake or exhaust system and wont get the same gains of E85.

In regards to cost, like in my other post, injectors and a E85 tune.
                      BYP Racing & Developments
                      Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                      STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Benson i totally agree with the cold start, (1) is a tune set up and (2) an unlikely problem in most of aus. I am all for e85 and very keen to change over but with only one station within 80 to 100 km distance it makes it harder in south east queensland (not impossible)

Have you guys at byp tuned e85 daily driver, what sort of fuel economy is to be expected? Will n/a i/h/e k pro and cams need (1)bigger injectors (2) fuel pump upgrade (3) fuel reg and return line?What injectors, fuel pump, fuel line size and reg base fuel pressure and you using on the s/c car?

Your experiences can greatly reduce the myths and help educate us all!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post

Have you guys at byp tuned e85 daily driver, what sort of fuel economy is to be expected? Will n/a i/h/e k pro and cams need (1)bigger injectors (2) fuel pump upgrade (3) fuel reg and return line?What injectors, fuel pump, fuel line size and reg base fuel pressure and you using on the s/c car?
                          My car has been tuned by BYP and its my Daily

I have I/H/E and Kpro,only thing i changed was my Injectors from the OEM 310cc to 650cc! i gained 5.8kw peak and about 5kw mid range from 5500-6000 RPM

Right now i have half a tank and im sitting on 350km...this will take me to about 490-510km a tank

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                            My car has been tuned by BYP and its my Daily

I have I/H/E and Kpro,only thing i changed was my Injectors from the OEM 310cc to 650cc! i gained 5.8kw peak and about 5kw mid range from 5500-6000 RPM

Right now i have half a tank and im sitting on 350km...this will take me to about 490-510km a tank
                            I believe alot of people kinda get your point mate in making more power. But to use you as a sole example of this discussion would seem abit biased. May I ask how many km's have you driven since switching to E85? 10k? 20k?....

Comment

Originally posted by wpg81 View Post

Your experiences can greatly reduce the myths and help educate us all!!!!
                              Paul is the real first customer to daily drive his DC5R with E85. He's been on it for the last week. Judging by his fuel economy, he'll get close to 500kms a tank. New o2 sensor has properly helped as well!

All we did was changed injectors. Ideally, we would change the fuel pump as well, but it was a last minute decision to make the switch.

For our guys who have s/c set-ups, 1000cc, Walbro 255lb, FPR (60 psi base) stock fuel line. Thats good for about 280-300kw on E85. For anything more, Twin pump set-up or a bosch o44 inline, -8an feed, -6an return
                              BYP Racing & Developments
                              Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
                              STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                                I believe alot of people kinda get your point mate in making more power. But to use you as a sole example of this discussion would seem abit biased. May I ask how many km's have you driven since switching to E85? 10k? 20k?....
                                lol what? bias about what? that made no sense to me..

Comment

Working...
                                X