Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING! Before buying a Hondata KPRO, read this thread first!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: The Counterfeit Kpro was bought off an apparently "genuine" tuning & parts supplier in Australia. Thus far, the matter has not been resolved and according to correspondence with Lemmiwinks, the registered business from where the Kpro was bought, has been unwilling to help. It has been two weeks with no resolution.
    I don't know about you, but as a company, if I had unknowingly charged a customer for a counterfeit Kpro I would immediately rectify the problem by replacing the unit immediately.
    Not very happy at all. This company will not be named as of yet, as I will contact them directly tomorrow to figure out the next course of action. Who knows, a phone call could solve this whole problem and instil confidence in this organizations customer service. If not, they have a bloody lot to loose by a very small community catching wind that they distribute fake Kpros and don't honour their clientèle by replacing the unit.
    Last edited by Peachy; 23-11-11, 08:57 PM.

Comment

whether they resolve anything or not mate i think it would still be a good idea for you to let us know you the seller is,
      i will soon be in the market for a k-pro and i'd like to know if a so called 'reputable' seller aint so reputable,
      even pm me if your not willing to name and shame on here yet
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I agree, there is no way you can unknowingly stock fake units, you have to deal directly with hondata to even purchase or modify these....

Comment

thats a fucking low blow from this 'reputable supplier'. Stevan is on the money, id be very suspect to find out how they got their hands on these counterfeit items if they 'didn't realise they were fake'

"Thanks fake supplier, don't go fucking bitch and moan when the community you serve start dealing with businesses from overseas.
          teamGROUNDzero.org

shak - est 2004

Comment

who are they?
            name and shame that crap, if there selling Kpro they should be getting them from hondata! they knew they were fakes
            Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
            http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Hey guys.
              At the end of the day I can see what this organization was trying to do, purchase Kpros from a distributor at a lower price so they can pass the savings onto the customer. When this particular company bought the Kpros there were no indications that fake Kpro's existed, this is only a new development and I am confident in saying that they had no idea they were counterfeit.
              In terms of covering your asses when buying Kpros, it's as simple as opening up the ECU and checking out the chip prior to passing over the cash. All I can say is that if its from a reputable Hondata distributor, you won't have problems.
              I'm not in the business of shaming organizations who are trying to do the right thing by their customers. At this point in time this company is doing their best to resolve the problem and we are in the midst of negotiations.

Comment

if they didnt 100% didnt know and are doing everything they can to help fix the isses then yes keep there name to your self. I was under the impression that they were not trying to help you, meaning they knew about the fake units.

Hope it all works out for you
                Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Working...
                X