DC2R Prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Prob

Driving my car just now I noticed when I came of the throttle the car would kind of thud like a bad gear change. Like it wasnt getting fuel after I came of the throttle. The the idle went very low and stalled. It stalled 3 times. Seems ok now. Sorry for the scrambled post I'm typing this on my mobile in the field giving the car some more driving.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Try resetting the ECU and see if it still does it.
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Built. Tuned. Driven
    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
      Try resetting the ECU and see if it still does it.
      The problem went away. But i'm still concerned about it.

I will reset the ECU tomorrow and see if that helps things.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Quote:
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

How do you reset the ECU??
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          How do you reset the ECU??
          Disconnect the battery for 15 seconds apparently does it. People like to do it for 15 mins to be thorough though.

Quote:

Comment

Oh ok... should it be done every so often.. Or what!!!
            sigpic
            128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

When you get new mods if you don't have an aftermarket ECU.

Quote:

Comment

Oh ok thanks
                sigpic

Comment

I reset the ECU. Haven't taken it for a drive yet though.

I was just speaking with a friend and he put it to me that I may have gotten some 'bad' fuel and it got me thinking. I usually fill up with Mobil 98 fuel. But all the Mobil Servos in my area are currently being converted into 711's so I had to get SHELL V-POWER fuel.

I think this may have contributed to my problem. Thank fuck MOBIL is still going to supply 711 with their fuel.

Quote:

Comment

yeah but isnt 98 octane at 7/11 the same as the mobil one?

Comment

In the 2 car's I've owned I find V-Power to burn a little bad compared to BP Ultimate.

Comment

iv always used mobil which in turn has given me more K's but now i pour at woolies and i dont know, i get 350k's out of a 60litre tank... would resetting the ecu help me? just installed a k&n panel filter...

Comment

What car do you drive addictions?

350kms from a 60l tank is pretty bad.

I'm getting 500 from a 40l tank in my dc2r

Comment

what car do you drive addictions?

350km from a 60l tank is really bad, those figures sound like GTR's or EVO's

Comment

Yea DC2R here running at around 11L/100KM with plenty of VTEC and my shift points casual driving is around 3.5-5k RPM, if i went for pure economy driving probably pull 9.5-10/100 or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X