No announcement yet.

DC2R Prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there any evidence of water/moisture in the holes where the spark plug leads go in to connect to the plugs?

That happened to me one time when I sprayed my engine bay with water a long time ago then was wondering why it idled very roughly and why revs weren't smooth. Peter from Hanny's (at the time) then used the air compressor to blow water out and it was all good after that.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

No not that I know of but I will double check when I reinstall the spark plugs.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

there is no evidence of water ingress on those sparkplugs...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
          Hmm not sure about the cream coloured stuff.
          it looks like Hondabonda, and could only have been put there if the rocker cover was removed...
          ... retired/

Comment

I didn't clean the plugs. Just chucked them back in and went for a drive. The car did 3 little backfire pops changing gear at low Rpm within the first 1 min of driving. Apart from that the car us running Like a champ.
            Fucking temporental shit.

Quote:
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              it looks like Hondabonda, and could only have been put there if the rocker cover was removed...
              Would you remove the rocker cover when changing timing belt/water pump etc? Because thats the only time I could think of that the rocker cover would have come off while I have owned the car. And I have owned it since 2003.

Quote:

Comment

Working...
              X