No announcement yet.

My ITR is no more :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear Freaky! Hope your insurance will give you a reasonable offer...

Comment

Originally posted by obsessionz View Post
      Just buy my dc2r and move on =oP http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8287
      not that easy if he had his previous car for 8 years :O

Comment

Sorry to hear this happen to your pride and joy.

I just can't imagine that happen to my car which I have owned for 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by macoman69 View Post
          as much as he wants to repair it. It will never be the same. Im sure there is some chassis/structural damage which would make it nearly impossible to fix 100%.

I know how you feel mate Ive lost my ITR as well. But trust me you are depressed and down for a while but another one will come into your life and will fill the void if thats what you want.
          .........................................Jeez it sounds like im talking about a girl LOL. But we all know cars are so much less trouble than girls :P
          I wouldn't say that just yet... i think it might be repairable aswell... you won't know if there is chasis/structural until they get behind the panels... i've seen BAD accidents as my car was at the shop for 4 months and trust me... i don't think that's as bad as what it seems... I think they might try repair it.... but it would really come down to freaky... does he really want his car back repaired??

---------

shit man... reminds me of the damage i had done to my DC5R but i wasn't t-boned... i got smashed in my drivers door... luckily for me only the drivers door needed to be replaced.. Looks like in your case it's worse Sorry to hear mate..
          hope all goes well for u
          Last edited by MYDC5R; 03-06-10, 08:50 AM.

Comment

sorry to hear this mate...glad u are safe

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
              I wouldn't say that just yet... i think it might be repairable aswell... you won't know if there is chasis/structural until they get behind the panels... i've seen BAD accidents as my car was at the shop for 4 months and trust me... i don't think that's as bad as what it seems... I think they might try repair it.... but it would really come down to freaky... does he really want his car back repaired??
              Trust me, I've had a look. I can't imagine they would be able to economically repair it.
              | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

So what's the news on this mate? Any news from insurance?

Comment

Yep... the car was assessed as a total loss and was settled today. Insurance paid out $16.5k after a little persuasion on my part as their initial value was too low. I guess I can't complain too much as the car did have 171,000km - however the paint and condition of the car looked like one with much lower mileage.

I will be purchasing obsessionz CW DC2R to replace my car. I feel that it is the best quality DC2R on the market today, and I plan on keeping it that way. Champ White will be a bit of a change for me, but it might mean I have a few less grey hairs from worrying about the paintwork quite as much!

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                    Yep... the car was assessed as a total loss and was settled today. Insurance paid out $16.5k after a little persuasion on my part as their initial value was too low. I guess I can't complain too much as the car did have 171,000km - however the paint and condition of the car looked like one with much lower mileage.

I will be purchasing obsessionz CW DC2R to replace my car. I feel that it is the best quality DC2R on the market today, and I plan on keeping it that way. Champ White will be a bit of a change for me, but it might mean I have a few less grey hairs from worrying about the paintwork quite as much!
                    So the payout they gave you was higher than the agreed value? That's a very good result, thought that would be unheard of from a insurance company!

I agree with the choice of another DC2R, you loved that car too much to give owning one away just yet
                    If you buy any parts from sydney feel free to use me as a courier service! lol

Comment

Very good news to hear mate! As lowie said, very good result for them to pay you out more then your agreed amount.
                      Well done
                      Hope the new ITR your getting brings you the same joy as your old one =)

Comment

Champ White will be a bit of a change for me,

i feel the balance in your change to CW from NHB
                        ... retired/

Comment

Clean, low Km's, well looked after Championship White DC2R's are a winner man.

Rear as these days.... but worth every penny imo.

Comment

No, they didn't pay me 'more than agreed value' ....

I disagreed with their concept of 'market value' and cited reasons why their value was too low. Thankfully the assessor woke up to himself and came somewhere near where I was happy. So not a bad result.

Mental note - next policy will be agreed value only, to save an argument like that in future. Unfortunately most companies will only insure a DC2R for ~19k tops.

Comment

Did you salvage any of your parts?
                              CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Congrats on the purchase of a CW DC2R as your replacement! Are you transferring any parts over such as the JDM 16" rims onto the CW DC2R? Looking forward to photos of the CW DC2R

Comment

Working...
                                X