No announcement yet.

My ITR is no more :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh no ... Bad luck Cam, glad you and your passengers are ok.
    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Unlucky mate, what are you gonna do with it?

Repairing it or part out?

Comment

Originally posted by e240 View Post
        Did she hit you on the left hand side or right?

If she hit you on the right, she's going to argue she was already in the roundabout and you just drove in...

Car's in the round about have the right of way.
        from the scenario, seems like he got hit from the left.
        'the lady just kept going'

Comment

Originally posted by JORDS View Post
          Unlucky mate, what are you gonna do with it?

Repairing it or part out?
          It won't be repairable. Insurance will take it and pay me out hopefully...
          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Well, her insurance will ultimately pay for it anyway. Not mine!

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

hey sorry to see her like that.... if someone runs into you and you're claiming on their insurance, my understanding is they cannot take the car from you because its yours. I believe they work out the market value of the car and give you the option of keeping the wreck. They then subtract a salvage fee from the market value and just pay you that. So market value is lets say $14,000, they'll pay you that minus one or two grand and you get to keep the wreck with all the goodies! Then you buy my gsi and swap all the bits over! You end up with a car that looks the same but an extra 5 or 10 grand in your pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                I'm fine - as are the two other people who were in the car.

I came into the roundabout and she just kept driving on right into me. We spun 180' over a median strip and tore off both rear wheels.
                glad to hear you and the peple in the car are safe
                they should have banned females driving on the street

Originally posted by majic View Post
                ...market value is lets say $14,000, they'll pay you that minus one or two grand and you get to keep the wreck with all the goodies! Then you buy my gsi and swap all the bits over! You end up with a car that looks the same but an extra 5 or 10 grand in your pocket!
                WTF!
                Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Sorry to hear Cameron that's terrible. Not the best way for the car to go after 8 years of ownership but luckily you are ok.

Similar thing happened to my car, a few months after I sold it by luck I stumbled across a wrecked DC2R at auctions, looked at the number plate and realised it was my old car. It was still upsetting even though I had sold it, so many memories with that car.
                  ClubITR Team NSX Owner #001 (Berlina Black)

Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #010 - Evo 9 on E85 - Sold

DC2R - Sold

Comment

sorry to hear the news, hopefully things will work out the best with the insurance money etc.

glad no one was hurt though'

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
                      glad to hear you and the peple in the car are safe
                      they should have banned females driving on the street

WTF!
                      Not all female are lousy drivers (but i think most of them ) and not all man are good driver (but i think most of them ) ......

Anyway most important is that you and your guest are safe .....
                      Soichiro Honda says :" If Honda does not race ,there is no Honda"

Comment

thats really bad news... glad you and your friends are safe...

Comment

so many DC2R's being written off these days..sorry to hear man~
                          i think your best bet as said earlier, is to buy back the wreck and part out ~
                          Last edited by fuujee; 24-05-10, 10:47 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

sorry to hear this dude is a shame to see i lovely itr smashed up like that u thinking of buying it back and sorting it or?

Comment

I've mentioned to insurance that I want the option of purchasing the wreck - I will see what they want to offer me in terms of price etc.

If I can see value in it I will do it. If they want too much money then I will have to let it go.

Comment

Just buy my dc2r and move on =oP http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8287

Comment

Working...
                                X