This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
    but you have to respect that people are going to react to your story differently...

you don't know them as much as they don't know you.

you publicly posted, so you get to hear from the public.

this is not YOUR thread.

this is the forums thread, you are sharing your experience with the forum, and the forum is sharing their feelings and experiences with you...

if you dont like it, just have to cop it sweet, and recognise that this subject raises strong emotions in some people that are simply beyond your understanding because they have had different life experiences than you...

you need to take from everyone the little bits of emotion, and turn them into positives, reasons why you should keep seeking change and development...

that is why you posted, right?
    yeah man ... i went for a cruise tonight and it was all good just listened to tunes and shit... ive just gotta let the urge out on the track but im nervous about goin on the track !

Comment

nup.

i've honestly NEVER gone almost 3 times the speed limit in my own street...

however - i have driven to Walcha via the Oxley Highway...
      I also stated not as excessive I'm not trying to promote speeding but I go 3-5 k's over the speed limit sometimes at most... but technically that's called speeding too. I think everyone has a different opinion I was just making a statement. I'm sorry, but I'm not making any accusations of any kind to the extremes for eg. 3 times over the limit in anyone's street.
      Last edited by grrray; 23-10-09, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
        all i can say is calm ur nipples youve had ur say and it didnt mean anything to me...the cop gave me the benefit of the doubt hey look at it on the bright side i got off so easy because i snitched someone for dealing drugs...!
        mate how old are you????

in any case, i used to be a complete idiot on the streets... i think over time i learnt my lesson post being tagged by cops and pulled over at any opportunity... its not a nice thing...

hopefully you dont learn by killing someone, totalling your car and ending up in jail... that was my path...

Get your car out to the track, even to WSID and get your rocks off... if you get into that sort of activity you realise its not fun speeding on the street... too many unknowns, shit roads, other idiots...

if your too scared to hit the track you shouldn't be driving that car... if you do get the car out to the track you are using your car for what it was designed

Go and do it and report back to us... until then you deserve everything you're copping here...

Comment

yeah man ... i went for a cruise tonight and it was all good just listened to tunes and shit... ive just gotta let the urge out on the track but im nervous about goin on the track !
          What is there to be nervous about? You dont have to go as fast as u can, u can just pace yourself. You are put into groups which are based around ur estimated lap times. So you would be with other drivers who arent going that fast to begin with.

If you're still too scared, come and spectate one day to see how it all happens.

Alternatively you could either
          A: stop speeding on the road
          B: continue speeding and possibly meet disaster.
          Your call. I'm not judging you, just telling you how i see it.
          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

130km in a 50km zone... damn
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

all i can say is calm ur nipples youve had ur say and it didnt mean anything to me...the cop gave me the benefit of the doubt hey look at it on the bright side i got off so easy because i snitched someone for dealing drugs...!
              Faggot Scum! Go die in a gutter!

Comment

I'd like to know where this 50 zone you sped through was....

Definitely not condoning breaking the law here, but just because it is a 50 zone doesn't mean that it is in a quiet residential street with children playing cricket on the road.

There are towns on major highways that have a 50 zone through them, when realistically there is no reason for the speed to be any less than 70 or 80km/h.

Look at Old Pac Hwy for instance. This used to be the main highway and have a 100 speed limit. Now it has less traffic but the speed limit is 60 or 70?

Regardless, clearly the OP requires a lot of attitude adjustment.

But sometimes the "80km/h over the speed limit" shock isn't always 100% justified.

I have also driven on the Oxley Highway with Tinkerbell. I also remember an interesting run through Macquarie Pass with Tinkerbell.
                | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                  I'd like to know where this 50 zone you sped through was....
                  i know it is a long thread, but it was actually outside where he lives.

i.e. a residential street...

freaky - got some pics of what the Oxley is like? i cant find my pics...

the Oxley is a suitable place for 130km/h+

but,

the point is the OP was being lazy and arrogant, he just went home for a bite of lunch, then hooned off up his own street from a standing start like it was normal to do so...

and managed to bullshit his way out of a impounding from the clueless incompetent copper
                  ... retired/

Comment

i know it is a long thread, but it was actually outside where he lives.

i.e. a residential street...

freaky - got some pics of what the Oxley is like? i cant find my pics...

the Oxley is a suitable place for 130km/h+

but,

the point is the OP was being lazy and arrogant, he just went home for a bite of lunch, then hooned off up his own street from a standing start like it was normal to do so...

and managed to bullshit his way out of a impounding from the clueless incompetent copper
                    Ah, ok. I must admit getting a bit lazy reading this thread...

Well a residential street is certainly no place for 130km/h.

Whilst sections of the Oxley are perfectly suited to speeds over 130km/h, it is still against the law and would mean instant loss of licence. It would however seem totally unfair to lose your licence for 140km/h on sections of the Oxley when someone gets away with 130km/h in a residential street.....
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Get out on the track and that will learn you something really quick.... that you thought that you were a king shit driver before, but your really not.
                      Track work will improve your driving 10 fold and generally people that track have more control over their car than non-trackers.

I hate driving on the street because I know that most of the drivers out have never taken an advanced driving course or been on the track. There are way more variables on the public roads too that scare the shit out of me.

Pedestrians, power poles, pot holes, traffic lights, on coming cars.

If I drive on the streets like I do on the track, I would literally shit my pants.
                      On the track its not as scary so I don't know what your so nervous about.

Comment

im curious to know what you said to get out of the full fine.

... or what you did
                        "as engages in 3rd God himself descends from the heavens and runs behind the car thrusting you forward"

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                          If I drive on the streets like I do on the track, I would literally shit my pants.
                          exactly - it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to drive on the streets like you can on the track...

On the track its not as scary so I don't know what your so nervous about.
                          yeah, if you are tuff enuff to do 120 in your own street, you are gonna be fine on the track - untill you realise you are not quite as good a driver as you thought you were...

then you start to really learn about yourself, your car and the art of driving....
                          ... retired/

Comment

Few things I have taken for this thread

1) Half the people that have replied to this thread sound like they have never taken their cars over 4k RPM. If I see any of these cars for sale on this forum, I’ll expect to see “Never vteced, taken to track or raced” comments.
                            2) There is a little saying I like to use, "Don't shit in your own nest". Basically, don't do stupid things near your house. You don't know when one day you'll need your neighbour to help you out with something. After reading tinkers post about you doing this on a regular basis, I wouldn't be surprised if one of your neighbours actually rung the police in anticipation of you doing it again.

Comment

I can bet my left testicle that 100% of all the people here have street raced before.

So quit the bullsh*t acting like you've never gone over 6000rpm on the streets.

I've done 220 on the F3. Have a go at me, please?

The lesson is, you fu*ked up, now don't do it again.

Comment

with everyones ~2 cent pieces we have reached $1.80!!!!! yaaay! I kind of think it's time for everyone to calm down now instead of drilling each other back and forth like orange and milk... Personally I can't drink both @ the same time cause a 3rd party usually comes along and its vomit!

Comment

Working...
                                X